what should happen to police that coerce confessions?

blu

Sep 21, 2009
watching a show now and the cops interrogated a father whose young daughter was murdered. They interrogated him for 14 hours straight, refused him access to his family or attorney, one of the officers threatened him with rape in prison every night if he didn't confess, and then after 13 hours of interogating they hooked him up to polygraph even though we was under obvious duress after so long and so harsh of interrogation. they also got crime scene photos of the dead daughter and taunted him with them until he "confessed"....

is this how interrogations are supposed to work and is this justice?

no physical contact? no water boarding or anything like that? Do it.

If brought to trial based on the confession, the jury should be exposed to the entire fourteen hour interrogation. If the whole thing wasn't recorded and saved for the jury, it should be thrown out.

Police absolutely do not want interrogation practices made public If they were, then everyone would understand just what a crock of shit they are.

watching a show now and the cops interrogated a father whose young daughter was murdered. They interrogated him for 14 hours straight, refused him access to his family or attorney, one of the officers threatened him with rape in prison every night if he didn't confess, and then after 13 hours of interogating they hooked him up to polygraph even though we was under obvious duress after so long and so harsh of interrogation. they also got crime scene photos of the dead daughter and taunted him with them until he "confessed"....

14 hours may or may not violate current con law standards; they change so much only a criminal lawyer can keep up.

No, the cops cannot threaten to do bodily harm. Making predictions of violence by inmates is a murky area.

I cannot see any interrogation lasting past the point when the prisoner asks for an attorney. Any confession given after he invokes his rights should be discarded.

Using the crime scene photos and a polygraph seem cruel, but cops merely acting "in a cruel manner" might not be enough to invalidate a confession.

put in prison?

yeah, until it's YOUR child that is missing and then you would want a suspect water boarded to find out what he knows. So easy to judge something you have no knowledge of.

put in prison?

yeah, until it's YOUR child that is missing and then you would want a suspect water boarded to find out what he knows. So easy to judge something you have no knowledge of.

I would not want the state to do it.

put in prison?

nope. I would never compromise our laws and values no matter the emotional appeal. also in this case the daughter was murdered not missing & it was the father of the girl killed

put in prison?

I would not want the state to do it.

Bull shit. I can tell you right now that ANY parent would be for torturing some dude who LEO was pretty sure knew where their child was. I'm not talking about we think it's him. I'm talking about "we KNOW it's him, but he won't tell us where the child is." I would personally do the torturing if it was my child.

Bull shit. I can tell you right now that ANY parent would be for torturing some dude who LEO was pretty sure knew where their child was. I'm not talking about we think it's him. I'm talking about "we KNOW it's him, but he won't tell us where the child is." I would personally do the torturing if it was my child.

What part of me saying I would not want the state to do it implies I have any problem with it being done?

What part of me saying I would not want the state to do it implies I have any problem with it being done?

Point taken

put in prison?

nope. I would never compromise our laws and values no matter the emotional appeal. also in this case the daughter was murdered not missing & it was the father of the girl killed

Bluballs, your a college kid with no job, kids, family, house, mortgage or responsibility. All you have is youthful liberal ideology and no life experience. Of course you think that way because of your inexperience.

Things are not as black and white as you see it. And don't stand on your high horse until you are in the actual shoes of the person your judging!

Bluballs, your a college kid with no job, kids, family, house, mortgage or responsibility

once again you show how stupid you are.

1) I graduated college already
2) I am one of 4 that started a company that is now quite large for only being seeking business 18 months
3) I have a "family" consisting of gf & son who will soon be wife & step son
4) I don't have a house/mortage yet but will next September

any other stupid comments?

I guess we were watching the same show.

Riley Fox: Kevin Fox: Riley Fox Killer Identified: Kevin Fox and Will County: Riley Fox and Scott Wayne Eby: Scott Wayne Eby: Will County Illinois: Illinois: Headline News: - Chicago Political Commentary

When that police woman was interviewing their son and trying to get him to implicate his Dad (168 times, I believe), and he started crying, I wanted to punch that lady. She should've gone to jail for life IMO. Harming a child like that is pure evil.

He won a big award, but several members of the police force should've gone to jail.

There is a difference. The child's body was unfortuately found. So what the police were doing int he OP is trying to get a guy to confess and not stop a crime or recover a kidnapped child.

However, holding a guy for 14 hours, showing the guy pictures of the deceased (yes it sounds bad here because it was his daughter and its assumed because it Bluballs that the police got the wrong man) and threatening the guy that big black men will rape him is not an abuse of their authority in the least. Give me a break, has the left become so influential that mere threats are police brutality?

Would you subject your own child to this sort of treatment?

Would you subject your own child to this sort of treatment?

If my own son were involved with the abduction of a child and refused to divulge that child's whereabouts, I would waterboard his ass myself. Believe that.

Forum List

Back