What´s your favorite classic car?

Unfortunately. I had one when I was a young married..it was classic then and I HATED the shit out of that thing.
I can sympathize.

My grandfather died at 86. I think he owned a total of 3 cars. All of them Ramblers.

:eek:

Aren't those Mopar? I belong to Mopar Alley here in the San Jose area. My dad died at the age of 90 and my mom died last march at 94. My dad owned a Corvair in the early eighties.

Mopar are most reliable.
I'm not sure. But I think they are Mopar's. Like I said, you could drive the thing over a good sized cliff and all you'd need to do is pull the plugs to blow out the oil, and you'd be good to go!

In fact, I did that with My brothers 71 Chevy Nova after he rolled it in Calivaras (sp?) Canyon.

lol

Okay, here we go.

Rambler was an automobile brand name used by the Thomas B. Jeffery Company between 1900 and 1914, then by its successor, Nash Motors from 1950 to 1954, and finally by Nash's successor, American Motors Corporation from 1954 to 1969. It was often nicknamed the "Kenosha Cadillac" after its place of manufacture.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambler_(automobile)#cite_note-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambler_(automobile)

Last edited:
I can sympathize.

My grandfather died at 86. I think he owned a total of 3 cars. All of them Ramblers.

:eek:

Aren't those Mopar? I belong to Mopar Alley here in the San Jose area. My dad died at the age of 90 and my mom died last march at 94. My dad owned a Corvair in the early eighties.

Mopar are most reliable.
I'm not sure. But I think they are Mopar's. Like I said, you could drive the thing over a good sized cliff and all you'd need to do is pull the plugs to blow out the oil, and you'd be good to go!

In fact, I did that with My brothers 71 Chevy Nova after he rolled it in Calivaras (sp?) Canyon.

lol

Okay, here we go.

Rambler was an automobile brand name used by the Thomas B. Jeffery Company between 1900 and 1914, then by its successor, Nash Motors from 1950 to 1954, and finally by Nash's successor, American Motors Corporation from 1954 to 1969. It was often nicknamed the "Kenosha Cadillac" after its place of manufacture.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambler_(automobile)#cite_note-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambler_(automobile)
Mopar is Chrysler, (Chrysler,Plymouth Dodge and DeSoto)
Rambler, either Nash or American Motors were Chrysler products.
The Rambler name was long gone by the time Chrysler bought American Motors.

Rambler is an american motors product, and is not considered mopar.
Mopar = Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge

If ODDBALL was here still he could give some insight....

How do you send a personal message to someone?

Rambler is an american motors product, and is not considered mopar.
Mopar = Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge

If ODDBALL was here still he could give some insight....

How do you send a personal message to someone?
You can go to your CP...or you can click on his name in a post (or where he is listed as having posted last or starting a thread)

any of these will give you the option of sending PMs

...as was every Edsel made...
It's a Dodge.

There is an overgrown lot in town that has12 or 14 late 50's Fords, Mercuries and Edsels. They probably haven't moved in 40 years

It's shameful they are not kept inside.

There's a family just south of my home that has about 50 old cars parked inside of two large garages behind their home. They're parked about 6 inches apart...so to get into the last one to move it, you have to move all the others first.

Beautiful cars from the 40s, 50s 60s...some made in Canada

I can click on your name and it gives me the option of sending a private message, but on ODDBALL it doesn't. I want to send him an email about his car. any help? i

I've had many cars that would be considered classics today.

1958 Chevrolet Impala convertible.
1961 Pontiac.
1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass.
1972 Ford Torino station wagon (family man, you know)
1990 Pontiac Bonneville.

and more....

Many more domestic pieces of union produced crap, but they all needed to be traded due to premature malfunction.

Then I grew up and bought a 2002 Toyota Sienna minivan. I drove it for 361,000 miles and I traded it in for a 2013 Sienna minivan, but in hind sight, I should have given it to my daughter because with all that mileage she still would have got more mileage out of it than she would ever get from a new union produced domestic piece of crap.

Learned my lesson: Never by any car produced by union union thugs, who are ready put you and your family on the unemployment line by striking for unrealistic demands for unearned privileges and are hell bent on turning prosperous right-to-work states into piss poor hell holes like union-infected Detroit.

Fjo i was going to reply to your message but I don't have enough street cred on here until i post about 45 more times. OK dub question what is the significance of the "thanks" and the rep power?

ODDBALL was one of the first guys to comment on this thread, check page one. He was the reason I started chatting it up with you guys, he posted the picture of the 70 AAR Cuda in white. I actually thought it was a cool car and wanted to learn more about it.

Thanks is just thanks...Many times it simply means that the thanker agrees with your post or found it a good post in some way.

Rep is your reputation. each 1000 rep points that other users give to you increases your reputation power by 1.... What does it mean? What ever you want it to mean...

ODDBALL was one of the first guys to comment on this thread, check page one. He was the reason I started chatting it up with you guys, he posted the picture of the 70 AAR Cuda in white. I actually thought it was a cool car and wanted to learn more about it.

Oddball is currently Banned from the site....Don't know why and I believe it is site rules not to discuss the banned....

Is a 1987 Toyota Mr2 considered a classic? I had that car from 95-06.

It may be to you. I consider nothing less than 30 years old AND maintaining a 'classic' visual appeal...to be classic. Yours fails on both counts....but that's just MY opinion.

I agree. I think except for a small few, 1973 is the cut off date. I would say the exception might be the smokey and the bandit trans am, or similar. You could say a 1985 grand national is desirable and was a super fast production car, but I wouldn't qualify it as a classic. get it?

Forum List

Back