What´s your favorite classic car?

It's a nice little show that triples the population of the village on Monday nights...or doubles it anyway....

And 3 or 4 times each summer my Honor Guard opens the show...

Grandfather owned one of these when I was knee high to a jackrabbit...

65-Rambler_American_440_DV-07-HPA-01.jpg

You could beat on it with a sledge, shoot it with a 06, throw it off of a cliff....Ramblers just lived forever.

Unfortunately. I had one when I was a young married..it was classic then and I HATED the shit out of that thing.
I can sympathize.

My grandfather died at 86. I think he owned a total of 3 cars. All of them Ramblers.

:eek:

My Favorite American Classic Car
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray
67vette427.jpg

Now if you are talking about overall favorite Classic Car
Hard to beat a Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona just for the exhaust note alone/

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandfather owned one of these when I was knee high to a jackrabbit...

65-Rambler_American_440_DV-07-HPA-01.jpg

You could beat on it with a sledge, shoot it with a 06, throw it off of a cliff....Ramblers just lived forever.

Unfortunately. I had one when I was a young married..it was classic then and I HATED the shit out of that thing.
I can sympathize.

My grandfather died at 86. I think he owned a total of 3 cars. All of them Ramblers.

Aren't those Mopar? I belong to Mopar Alley here in the San Jose area. My dad died at the age of 90 and my mom died last march at 94. My dad owned a Corvair in the early eighties.

Mopar are most reliable.

I can sympathize.

Aren't those Mopar? I belong to Mopar Alley here in the San Jose area. My dad died at the age of 90 and my mom died last march at 94. My dad owned a Corvair in the early eighties.

Mopar are most reliable.
I'm sure you know that Corvairs are GM, not Mopar.

My brother had a Corvair Monza 4-speed stick. My dad had a butt naked three speed. I used the 3-speed at college one year...totaled to out by hitting the concrete 14th street bridge abutment in a driving rain...wasn't hurt badly...my passenger and fraternity brother was unhurt except that he slid across the vinyl bench seat (and into me) so fast that it burnt his ass without scorching his pants...God's truth. I ended up with my head in the rain gutter, my legs still in the car...and an 18 wheeler slidin' toward the door...stopping just a few feet from closing it on my legs!...God's truth!

Ralph Nader was correct...the Corvair was the most unsafe car on the road.

I can sympathize.

Mopar are most reliable.

My brother had a Corvair Monza 4-speed stick. My dad had a butt naked three speed. I used the 3-speed at college one year...totaled to out by hitting the concrete 14th street bridge abutment in a driving rain...wasn't hurt badly...my passenger and fraternity brother was unhurt except that he slid across the vinyl bench seat (and into me) so fast that it burnt his ass without scorching his pants...God's truth. I ended up with my head in the rain gutter, my legs still in the car...and an 18 wheeler slidin' toward the door...stopping just a few feet from closing it on my legs!...God's truth!

The Demon is Plymouth too. Corvair's idk. But hey, my Duster had four-on-the-floor, and I converted it to overdrive with a transmission from Keisler automotive. I miss the Duster, but I sold it back to a different shop in the same building as the upholstery guy so I can go see it if I want. I suppose, it's still around. I never could drive it as smooth as the man I bought it from.

Keisler Engineering

Last edited:
A 1960 Chrysler 300. To me, there is no production car that was ever near as exciting as this car. You have to open this Ebay site, and scroll down to check out the pictures and specs. The dashboard was a sight to behold! It was kind of a cross between something from the Jetsons, the Apollo space capsule, and a chrome masterpiece of art. The seats tilted sideways for easy entry and exit. My favorite fetaure was the console, that went all the way from the dash to the back seat back rest cushion. No other car had that.
The engine specs were awsome.This was the last year of the huge tail fins.

I think that I would sell my soul for this car.

Chrysler : 300 Series Chrysler 300F Hardtop in Chrysler | eBay Motors

Last edited:

Mopar are most reliable.

The Demon is Plymouth too. Corvair's idk. But hey, my Duster had four-on-the-floor, and I converted it to overdrive with a transmission from Keisler automotive. I miss the Duster, but I sold it back to a different shop in the same building as the upholstery guy so I can go see it if I want. I suppose, it's still around. I never could drive it as smooth as the man I bought it from.

Keisler Engineering
Had a young kid that worked for me once...he had a Dodge Super bee...yellow with the black butt band and all...wanted some drag links put on it...I had a welder do the work for him one night at the shop...he was so proud of it...and the way it would lift up in the back when he goosed it from a stand still..really fast car. He later sold it. A month or so later, I visited the site where the car was split in half after hitting a huge pecan tree broadside with four kids in it at the time...all four died...the engine was found several hundred feet from the two halves of the car. I felt guilty for a while for helping make it such a wicked speedster...but I finally got over it after convincing myself if I hadn't done it, somebody else would have.

18007251t.jpg

Last edited:

Keisler Engineering
Had a young kid that worked for me once...he had a Dodge Super bee...yellow with the black butt band and all...wanted some drag links put on it...I had a welder do the work for him one night at the shop...he was so proud of it...and the way it would lift up in the back when he goosed it from a stand still..really fast car. He later sold it. A month or so later, I visited the site where the car was split in half after hitting a huge pecan tree broadside with four kids in it at the time...all four died...the engine was found several hundred feet from the two halves of the car. I felt guilty for a while for helping make it such a wicked speedster...but I finally got over it after convincing myself if I hadn't done it, somebody else would have.

18007251t.jpg

That makes me remember bicycling. I used to go up to the summit of the Santa Cruz mountains here, but now I'm a regular old flatlander. It's good not to see those flowers at locations where bicyclists have died.

My sister's old boyfriend for many, many years was a mechanic, but he died in a scuba diving accident off of Half Moon Bay. He helped me buy my first car, a '67 Volvo 122S I had for 12 years.

My current long-time friend also is a mechanic, and I have wondered how he felt about keeping my cars in such good shape, so I can risk my life at times. Those muscle cars are a serious temptation.

The important thing is to enjoy them. When I first drove my Fury and when I went camping with the wife, I would repeat to her my impression of the car in the mountains of how I get a "big feeling" from it.

Forum List

Back