What´s your favorite classic car?

Is a 1987 Toyota Mr2 considered a classic? I had that car from 95-06.

It may be to you. I consider nothing less than 30 years old AND maintaining a 'classic' visual appeal...to be classic. Yours fails on both counts....but that's just MY opinion.

Its my understanding in order for it to get Classic plates it has to be 25 years old?

This is my version of my "classic". :)

2620146_4_full.jpg

I don't consider any late 80's car a classic. 70's, maybe early 80's could be considered classic.

The top one is a '62.
Yes. I guess they figured "Why mess with a good thing"? Everybody thought the hidden headlights was so cool and futuristic, etc. but I liked the old ones better. Still, the 63 was pretty cool though.

web580_bg0609-80923_8.jpg
I like the older ones too. Even the '54 with its 6cylinder engine appeals to me...the wire covers on the head lamps...the protruding taillights...

A '54 Vette just sold on Barrett-Jackson for $65,000

54white1.jpg

This is not the one, but just as good lookin'....

Last edited:
I don't consider any late 80's car a classic. 70's, maybe early 80's could be considered classic.

1980's model cars were junk, plus we had to drive 55.

Werd. My wife drove a '84 Chevy Cavalier for many years, but I got to love it, so we kept it for more than 10 years. It was reliable but damn well needed a lot of fixing. LOL

I am not absolutely sure about this lake since this was 20 years ago, but we went on a trip in the Cavalier back then to Crystal Lake in Shasta County, near Cassel, CA, and I found an old logging road on our way there to Crystal Lake (I'm pretty sure the only way to get up there). The Chevy was a lot of fun to drive at that point. The lookout on a cliff above the lake is unbelievable. You can see not only one valley close up below but another valley not far beyond that. I always wanted to go back but a few years ago, I lost my notes with the directions.

The lake is north of highway 299, near Lookout Mountain.

1977 Cadillac Coupe de Ville:

green_rare_78k_miles_26073044.jpg

Father-in-law gave his old one to my husband, and we still have it. White leather seats. People follow us and ask to buy it all the time.

Nice ride! They tell me you need Captains Papers to drive one!:lol::lol:
:lol:

Thanks, but not quite. His dad was very intelligent. He turned around and bought a car that got 22 MPG when he retired. We're still paying for 12 MPG when we use it for emergency purposes only, 30 years later. :rolleyes:

I used to have a 1973 Cutlass Supreme (350 4-barrel):

73_olds_8.jpg

And also a 1979 Dodge Aspen (classic Dodge Slant 6):

1979_dodge_aspen-pic-64700.jpeg

The thing is, I've never been much of a car guy, so even though I had two great classics, I never realized it at the time.

I used to have a 1973 Cutlass Supreme (350 4-barrel):

73_olds_8.jpg

And also a 1979 Dodge Aspen (classic Dodge Slant 6):

1979_dodge_aspen-pic-64700.jpeg

The thing is, I've never been much of a car guy, so even though I had two great classics, I never realized it at the time.

The Slant Six was one of the best 6 cylinder engines ever made. I had a whole fleet of half-ton work trucks with that engine.

Forum List

Back