What role should policy play in miscegenation?

What role should policy play in miscegenation?

• A) We must all be the same 'race' one day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B) Miscegenation is ideal, best for most, but not for everybody.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm of mixed race (white and asian). I just like to identify with both of my "groups" and no one seems to have a problem. Also, because of being asian and white, I get the smarts and social acceptance. /sarcasm

Anthropologists have found, that humans need to identify, and bond with a "Group", black, or White, this is an essential part of becoming a fully functioning adult.

It is true that psychologists have determined what common sense already shows...
It absolutely is a positive to have a strong sense of 'racial' or ethnic identity while growing up, unless of course that identity is negatively portrayed.

Now once a person is an adult... such a development tool should not be neccesary. After all, a child has a limitied experience base and only has what they physically "are" as a source of identity. Adults have a lifetime of experience enabling them to have more to draw from as a source of identity.

While it is perfectly healthy for a child to be proud of their 'race', in terms of normal adults it is a very shallow, childish source of "pride".

52ndStreet,
Why no vote?

...what i don't agree with is people who say that races shouldn't mix.

nia588,
I am curious as to your answer.
Would you have the same disagreement with people who say that the 'races' should mix?

Anthropologists have found, that humans need to identify, and bond with a "Group", black, or White, this is an essential part of becoming a fully functioning adult.

It is true that psychologists have determined what common sense already shows...
It absolutely is a positive to have a strong sense of 'racial' or ethnic identity while growing up, unless of course that identity is negatively portrayed.

Now once a person is an adult... such a development tool should not be neccesary. After all, a child has a limitied experience base and only has what they physically "are" as a source of identity. Adults have a lifetime of experience enabling them to have more to draw from as a source of identity.

While it is perfectly healthy for a child to be proud of their 'race', in terms of normal adults it is a very shallow, childish source of "pride".

52ndStreet,
Why no vote?

...what i don't agree with is people who say that races shouldn't mix.

nia588,
I am curious as to your answer.
Would you have the same disagreement with people who say that the 'races' should mix?

Racial pride is not "Shallow, or a childish source of pride". Regardless of what these nia588, and these other people who have no sense of racial identity, or who feel it is ok
to be all one weird smorgasboard melting pot, no race color,which by the way looks very unnatural and strange. As I stated , the act of racial indentity , and acceptance, is a very important part of human development. Group acceptance, weather by Blacks, or Whites,
is an integral, and important part of human development.Ask any anthropologist, or Psychologist.

Racial pride is not "Shallow, or a childish source of pride".

I contend that it is for adults. Which I think you may already realize because you correctly assert that it is a part of a childs "development". Please understand that I do agree that a positive sense of 'racial' pride is important to a childs development.

Rules are different for adults though. Adults have much more important accomplishments to be proud of... such as a honorable reputation, success at work, and raising a happy family.

I do not mean to insult anyone's sense of pride, but if you are an adult and the only thing you have to be proud of is your 'race' you might want to re-examine your goals in life.

I contend that it is for adults. Which I think you may already realize because you correctly assert that it is a part of a childs "development". Please understand that I do agree that a positive sense of 'racial' pride is important to a childs development.

Rules are different for adults though. Adults have much more important accomplishments to be proud of... such as a honorable reputation, success at work, and raising a happy family.

I do not mean to insult anyone's sense of pride, but if you are an adult and the only thing you have to be proud of is your 'race' you might want to re-examine your goals in life.

But that's the point, he has nothing else to be proud of. I mean who wouldn't be proud of the fact that their ancestors cleaned out outhouses and picked cotton for the man!

But that's the point, he has nothing else to be proud of. I mean who wouldn't be proud of the fact that their ancestors cleaned out outhouses and picked cotton for the man!

We as Black people have a lot to be proud of. Its white redneck Hillbilly racist like you,
with your brokeback mountan man homo, humour, who have nothing to be proud of.

Last edited:

We as Black people have a lot to be pround of. Its white redneck Hillbilly racist like you,
with your borkeback mountan man homo, humour, who have nothing to be pround of.

We? You got a mouse in your pocket? It's obvious the only two people that keep bringing up homosexuals is you and your alter ego charlie dumBass. Oh and it's proud, not pround and broke, not borke and mountain, not mountan you stupid fuck!

Lonestar_logic,
What good does insulting people do?
Having stated that someone has only one source of pride then insulting it... what have you really accomplished?

Oh yeah,
Why no vote?

Myself I have voted for "C".
I believe miscegenation is a personal matter.

Though, I also put in a vote for "D".
The strongest caveat I have with "D" is government, education, or media interfering with personal freedoms.

Other than that,
Most people prefer to mate within their own race, so miscegenation is not "normal" behavior.
Also, according to the facts, most parents who encourage their children to mate within their own race could be trusted as looking out for the best interests of their child.

Race mixing should be made illegal. We must bring back the miscegnation laws of the past.
Blacks must only marry blacks , and whites shoudl only marry whites.
This is how it should be.

Myself I have voted for "C".
I believe miscegenation is a personal matter.

Though, I also put in a vote for "D".
The strongest caveat I have with "D" is government, education, or media interfering with personal freedoms.

Other than that,
Most people prefer to mate within their own race, so miscegenation is not "normal" behavior.
Also, according to the facts, most parents who encourage their children to mate within their own race could be trusted as looking out for the best interests of their child.

Race mixing should be made illegal. We must bring back the miscegnation laws of the past.

52ndGutter and the KKK proudly join together in support of this enlightened public policy position.

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

That would take a US SC decision, meaning they would overturn themselves, won't happen.

Lonestar_logic,
What good does insulting people do?
Having stated that someone has only one source of pride then insulting it... what have you really accomplished?

Oh yeah,
Why no vote?

It doesn't have to do any one any good, that's not the point of an insult anyhow, the point is to show them how stupid they are for believing the way they believe. Besides 52ndgutter is an adult and can take care of himslef. Though I'm sure he's appreciative of you coming to his defense.

I didn't vote because I think it's a stupid ass poll. I could care less if you married a black, brown, yellow, red, white, male, female, dog, cat or whatever the hell floats your boat.

I could care less if you married a black, brown, yellow, red, white, male, female, dog, cat or whatever the hell floats your boat.
Lonestar_logic,
There is an option for that particular point of view.
Did you actually read the poll?

Liability,
Hey! how is it going?

I just checked Websters... they still haven't changed the definition to the word "miscegenation". Looks like you aren't having much luck redefining the English language.
:lol:

Have you had a chance to read the options of the poll? Which one would you vote for?

lawbuff,
Why no vote?

Last edited:
i chose C. i believe it's a personal choice. if someone falls in love with someone of a different race and winds up reproducing that's their choice. if they fall in love with somoene of their own race then it's their choice.

but what i don't agree with is people who say that races shouldn't mix. when looking for love and someone to have kids with, race shouldn't matter.

This is one of the most absurd statements I have read so far on USMB. "When looking for
love, or someone to have kinds with, race shouldn't matter."!,

So, when these kinds are all mature, and ask both mixed race parents, what race do I belong to?, what will be your answer to them?, oh, race doesn't matter?!,you belong to no race!?. This Nia's statement is
bound to cause an identity crisis at some point in those mixed race children future.
Anthropologists have found, that humans need to identify, and bond with a "Group", black, or White, this is an essential part of becoming a fully functioning adult. The mixed race
people I know, seem to have issues, when it comes to choosing a race or group to bond with. Many have told me that they are not accepted by many whites,because of their black
features, and others say they are never fully accepted by many Blacks, because of their
white features,ie, beige or light skin. So Ms. Nia like the the book by Cornell West,"Race Does Matter", especially when it comes to choosing someone to have children with. I disagree strongly with your statement. People still value their racial identity, Blacks, and Whites.At least the black people I know. Will you stop with your sell out to the white race
philosophy and attitude.

'K, now for a serious answer.

I'm mixed and I don't find myself breaking down in an identity crisis. I guess I don't know that race is such an important part of you among other things. I have bigger things to worry about.

I could care less if you married a black, brown, yellow, red, white, male, female, dog, cat or whatever the hell floats your boat.
Lonestar_logic,

Liability,
Hey! how is it going?

I just checked Websters... they still haven't changed the definition to the word "miscegenation". Looks like you aren't having much luck redefining the English language.

Have you had a chance to read the options of the poll? Which one would you vote for?

lawbuff,
Why no vote?

Yes

Lonestar_logic,

So if the poll contains an option that you apparently agree with... then why not vote for that option?

Lonestar_logic,

Liability,
Hey! how is it going?

lawbuff,
Why no vote?

Hey whyte.dildo:

Since I never claimed any other definition for miscegenation, your post remains as pointless as you.

What I DID say, you idiot, is that its roots lie in racism. They do.

This from 2005.

Hurricanes Are Getting Stronger, Study Says

John Roach
for National Geographic News

September 15, 2005

Warming ocean temperatures appear to be fueling stronger, more intense hurricanes around the world, a new study suggests. The number of storms that reach Category Four and Five—the most powerful, damaging hurricanes—has nearly doubled over the past 35 years, the study finds. However, the frequency and duration of hurricanes overall have stayed about the same.

Category Four hurricanes have sustained winds from 131 to 155 miles an hour (211 to 249 kilometers an hour). Category Five hurricanes—like Katrina at its peak in the Gulf of Mexico—have sustained winds of 156 miles an hour (251 kilometers an hour) or more.
The study finds that the increase in hurricane intensity coincides with a rise in sea surface temperatures around the world of about 1ºF (0.5ºC) between 1970 and 2004.
Writing in tomorrow's issue of the journal Science, the study's authors stop shy of pinning the increase in hurricane intensity on global warming. To do so would require a longer historical period of study and a better understanding of hurricane dynamics, they say. But in an interview with National Geographic News, the study's lead author, Peter Webster, said, "I'm prepared to make an attribution to global warming
."

source

Forum List

Back