What role should policy play in miscegenation?

What role should policy play in miscegenation?

• A) We must all be the same 'race' one day.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B) Miscegenation is ideal, best for most, but not for everybody.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whyte.Devyl

Aug 10, 2009
What role should public policy play in miscegenation?

This poll is an effort to measure opinion on miscegenation (mix- 'race') and the roles public and private policy should play.

Please choose the group of statements that most apply to you.
More than one choice is available.

A) Miscegenation is the only path to true racial equality, we must all be the same 'race' one day.
The government, education, and media should persecute or prosecute those who refuse to miscegenate.
Parents who encourage their children to couple within their 'race' are harming their children and should face prosecution or persecution.

B) Miscegenation is ideal, not for everybody but most people should think it is best.
Mass Miscegenation should be encouraged by the government, education and media outlets.
Parents who encourage their children to couple outside of their 'race' are looking out for the best interest of their child.

C) Who cares? Miscegenation is a personal matter.
The government, education, and media should not take it upon themselves to either encourage or discourage mass miscegenation.
Parents should be able to make their own decisions without fear of prosecution or persecution regarding miscegenation.

D) Miscegenation is not normal behavior and only works for a few extroverted individuals.
Mass Miscegenation should be discouraged by the government, education, or media outlets.
Parents who encourage their children to couple within their 'race' are looking out for the best interest of their child.

E) Miscegenation is an abomination against nature.
The government, education, and media should prosecute or persecute those who miscegenate.
Parents who encourage their children to couple outside of their 'race' are harming their children and should face prosecution or persecution.

miscegenation: even the word itself cries out "racist stupidity!"

:confused:

miscegenation
miscegenation - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
: a mixture of races; especially : marriage, cohabitation, or sexual intercourse between a white person and a member of another race

Liability,
What about the definition of the word miscegenation is "racist"?

Racism
racism - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
— rac·ist noun or adjective

One more thing, why no vote?

miscegenation
miscegenation - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
: a mixture of races; especially : marriage, cohabitation, or sexual intercourse between a white person and a member of another race

Liability,
What about the definition of the word miscegenation is "racist"?

Racism
racism - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination
— rac·ist noun or adjective

One more thing, why no vote?

I love to criticize Wiki, but I sometimes use it as a shortcut to starting actual research. Here, it suffices.

Anti-miscegenation laws, also known as miscegenation laws, were laws that banned interracial marriage and sometimes interracial sex between members of two different races. In the United States, interracial marriage, cohabitation and sex have since 1863 been termed "miscegenation." Contemporary usage of the term "miscegenation" is less frequent. In North America, laws against interracial marriage and interracial sex existed and were enforced in the Thirteen Colonies from the late seventeenth century onwards, and subsequently in several US states and US territories until 1967. Similar laws were also enforced in Nazi Germany, from 1935 until 1945, and in South Africa during the Apartheid era, from 1949 until 1985.[1]
Anti-miscegenation laws From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I view the whole "racial purity" discussion as racist and, thus, I view any discussion about miscegenation to be racist. You are not obliged to agree with me.

And I don't vote in polls on topics of this nature for the reasons I just mentioned.

You are not obliged to agree with me.

I do not agree with you.
Wikipedia's historia aside, a word which simply means "To mix race" is not in and of itself "racist" because there is no implication of superiority or inferiority.

A bit off-topic, but do you define any conversation/poll about 'race' to be "racist"?

Miscegenation is an unstoppable historical tide. Anywhere different groups of people have been in prolonged contact this has occurred. The West Indies, Central America, South America, Iberian Peninsula, Philippines, North Africa, etc. all confirm that reality. There are only a few exceptions.

Last edited:
You are not obliged to agree with me.

I do not agree with you.
Wikipedia's historia aside, a word which simply means "To mix race" is not in and of itself "racist" because there is no implication of superiority or inferiority.

A bit off-topic, but do you define any conversation/poll about 'race' to be "racist"?

Nonsense.

The reason they made laws and had social barriers erected to prevent that "race mixing" thing was precisely because of misbegotten notions of racial superiority.

And, no. Some conversations about "race" are not racist.

Your effort to start this conversation about the "topic" of miscegenation nevertheless does smack of racism because the nature of miscegenation itself is essentially a racist one.

Last edited:
Your effort to start this conversation about the "topic" of miscegenation nevertheless does smakc of racism because the nature of miscegenation itself is essentially a racist one.

Liability,
A conversation regarding "mixing race" (miscegenation) is a racist one?
The topic of "mixing race" (miscegenation) is somehow by default racist?
Or is it that the correct use of the english language is somehow racist?

Seriously, is your agitation resulting from the correct use of the word "miscegenation" or is it with the entire topic of miscegenation?

Your effort to start this conversation about the "topic" of miscegenation nevertheless does smakc of racism because the nature of miscegenation itself is essentially a racist one.

Liability,
A conversation regarding "mixing race" (miscegenation) is a racist one?
The topic of "mixing race" (miscegenation) is somehow by default racist?
Or is it that the correct use of the english language is somehow racist?

Seriously, is your agitation resulting from the correct use of the word "miscegenation" or is it with the entire topic of miscegenation?

You used the correct emoticon, anyway.

You ARE confused.

The ISSUE of miscegenation is racist in its very origins.

And, I'm not even mildly agitated. I stated a point of view. You seem rather agitated because of that.

When one uses an exclamation point, it indicates an emotive. Forgive me for mistaking it for agitation, perhaps it is some other emotion that the concept of even discussing miscegenation brings about in you.

Just so we are clear.
Is it your opinion that it is racist to even discuss the mixing of race (miscegenation)?

When one uses an exclamation point, it indicates an emotive. Forgive me for mistaking it for agitation, perhaps it is some other emotion that the concept of even discussing miscegenation brings about in you.

Just so we are clear.
Is it your opinion that it is racist to even discuss the mixing of race (miscegenation)?

LOL. :lol:

When one says that something "cries out" (go back and re-read) the use of the exclamation point becomes pretty self-explanatory.

I cannot help your lack of clarity. But I can repeat that which you seem determined to incorrectly reformulate. And for you, I shall.

The very word "miscegenation" -- at its roots -- is premised upon a racist notion.

Last edited:
Liability,
Ok then. You think that discussing the mixing of races (miscegenation) to be "racist", even though there is nothing within the word's English definition to indicate superiority or inferiority of any given 'races'.

The concept of miscegenation has been around since the dawn of human 'races'.
The word itself is based on accurate use of the Greco-Latin languages.

So you are still insisting that if you are able to label a person who uses a particular word as a "racist", then subsequently the word they are using must also somehow be "racist".

Oh well,
You are free to redefine words all that you wish. Myself, I prefer to use proper English.
Fair enough?
:eusa_angel:

Getting back on topic of the Poll...
It seems you are expressing a vote of "C".
Do you have an issue with such an observation?

Myself I have voted for "C".
I believe miscegenation is a personal matter.

Though, I also put in a vote for "D".
The strongest caveat I have with "D" is government, education, or media interfering with personal freedoms.

Other than that,
Most people prefer to mate within their own race, so miscegenation is not "normal" behavior.
Also, according to the facts, most parents who encourage their children to mate within their own race could be trusted as looking out for the best interests of their child.

Liability,
Ok then. You think that discussing the mixing of races (miscegenation) to be "racist", even though there is nothing within the word's English definition to indicate superiority or inferiority of any given 'races'.

The concept of miscegenation has been around since the dawn of human 'races'.
The word itself is based on accurate use of the Greco-Latin languages.

So you are still insisting that if you are able to label a person who uses a particular word as a "racist", then subsequently the word they are using must also somehow be "racist".

Oh well,
You are free to redefine words all that you wish. Myself, I prefer to use proper English.
Fair enough?
:eusa_angel:

Getting back on topic of the Poll...
It seems you are expressing a vote of "C".
Do you have an issue with such an observation?

I didn't vote at all. Words are a complete mystery to you. I don't "vote" in polls such as yours or on "topics" like this crap.

Also, the basis for the word miscegenation is racist. You remain wrong -- and ignorant.

Sorry you are too studiously blind to see the obvious.

I live in a society nearly completely dominated by White people (specifically White Anglo-Saxon Protestants)

I'd say the sooner these WASPs get some color (even other White people would do) in their gene pool the better for them.

Last edited:
Liability,
You use your own dictionary, and I will continue using Webster's.
Fair enough?

Now to get back on topic...
If you were to actually vote, I am starting to have a hunch that you would not neccesarily vote for "C"...
Then again there is no way of knowing because you seem frightened to even discuss the actual issue.

Bummer.

Liability,
You use your own dictionary, and I will continue using Webster's.
Fair enough?

Now to get back on topic...
If you were to actually vote, I am starting to have a hunch that you would not neccesarily vote for "C"...
Then again there is no way of knowing because you seem frightened to even discuss the actual issue.

Bummer.

I used your definition to establish that the word has racist roots.

It does.

You can deny it all day long. It doesn't change the fact that the REASON for miscegenation laws was entirely to keep the races "pure." Why is that do you suppose? Answer: because some people believed then (and some still do) that one race is superior to other races. That kind of thinking is racist no matter what dictionary you pretend to be using.

I do not vote in idiot polls on absurd topics like the topic of this moronic thread.

Forum List

Back