What role does Affirmative Action play in the events playing out in Ferguson?

[

Gee, Joey...since Washington, Madison and Jefferson were Southerners...I take it that you find THEM too "piss-ignorant" to have held office as well?

Bill Clinton? Hillary? Newt Gingrich? Martin Luther King? Lyndon Johnson? Jimmy Carter? Too "piss-ignorant" to have held their positions in society?

Just how stupid ARE you? Seriously...

Well, I'm not stupid enough to try to rationalize a war so a few rich white people could keep raping their slaves.

You've obviously missed my posts where I refer to the Founders as the "Founding Slave Rapists". But they did save us from the horror of being Canadians, I guess.

Besides the fact Hillary is not a Southerner, let me look at your list.

Bill Clinton- Actually, proves you can take the boy out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the boy.

Dr. King was a voice of reason and sense in a society that treated him like a second class citizen.

Johnson had his flaws. Carter had more of them.

But you do get when you tell a guy to go out and fight so someone can do something you can never afford to do, and benefits you and no possible way, that's kind of stupid, right?

What's "stupid" is for someone to believe that's why most Southerners fought. You should note that Southerner's refer to the Civil War as The War for States Rights...not the War to Keep Slavery! If you REALLY knew your history you'd know that many in the South were angry over
Laughably, Joe equates owning a business to being a rapist then admits to owning a business.

Raped anyone lately, Joe?

He then proceeds to argue that judging a person entirely based on their accent is better than judging a person entirely based on their skin color.

What about the blacks who speak with a southern accent, Joe? Are they ignorant and stupid too?

You're going to make poor Joe's head explode asking him questions like that one, Mathbud! Bigots don't handle nuance well...or reality.

[

What's "stupid" is for someone to believe that's why most Southerners fought. You should note that Southerner's refer to the Civil War as The War for States Rights...not the War to Keep Slavery! If you REALLY knew your history you'd know that many in the South were angry over

They refer to it as such horseshit as, "The Lost Cause" and "The War between the States" and other horseshit to avoid that they got played by some rich assholes into fighting to continue slavery.

In fact, the SHEER Stupidity of the South in the Civil War never ceases to amaze. They never stood a chance.

Laughably, Joe equates owning a business to being a rapist then admits to owning a business.

He then proceeds to argue that judging a person entirely based on their accent is better than judging a person entirely based on their skin color.

What about the blacks who speak with a southern accent, Joe? Are they ignorant and stupid too?

Uh, I equate running a business that mistreats employees to rape. Right now my business only employs me. And it's more a part time, hobby I make a little money off of.

And yes, since said accent you refer to usually means supporting racism, rejecting science and letting the GOP screw us like Ned Beatty in Deliverance, I just hear a Southern Accent and wonder what level of idiocy I'm going to be dealing with.

Uh, I equate running a business that mistreats employees to rape. Right now my business only employs me. And it's more a part time, hobby I make a little money off of.

And yes, since said accent you refer to usually means supporting racism, rejecting science and letting the GOP screw us like Ned Beatty in Deliverance, I just hear a Southern Accent and wonder what level of idiocy I'm going to be dealing with.

So every time you hear a Southern accent you DO think of Deliverance? Heck, Joe...I was being sarcastic! You've got some serious issues there, dude...

Oldstyle suggested starting your own business. He did not suggest starting a business and mistreating your employees. He in fact suggested that you start your own business and show us all how NOT to mistreat your employees. If you, in fact, only equate businesses that mistreat their employees with rapists, how is suggesting that you start a business that does NOT mistreat employees related to your rape comment at all?

Are there any people with a southern accent who are not stupid, Joe?

[quote uid=31215 name="Oldstyle" post=9839024]Why don't you start your own business, Joe? You can show us all how to do it "right". Oh wait...that would actually require ambition and taking chances...never mind...

Isn't that kind of like telling a rape victim to buy a strap on and show us how it's "done right"?

(Incidentally, I do own a business. Thanks.)
[/QUOTE]

[

Oldstyle suggested starting your own business. He did not suggest starting a business and mistreating your employees. He in fact suggested that you start your own business and show us all how NOT to mistreat your employees. If you, in fact, only equate businesses that mistreat their employees with rapists, how is suggesting that you start a business that does NOT mistreat employees related to your rape comment at all?

]

OldStyle is doing what most of the Plutocrat Apologists do- blame working folks for their own problems. That's why I have no use for him.

[

]

OldStyle is doing what most of the Plutocrat Apologists do- blame working folks for their own problems. That's why I have no use for him.

I have no use for people like you who constantly whine about how they've been "mistreated" by management or ownership yet never get off their asses and start up their own businesses! Oh...gosh no!!! That would require too much work! I might have to take a risk!!!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

[

I have no use for people like you who constantly whine about how they've been "mistreated" by management or ownership yet never get off their asses and start up their own businesses! Oh...gosh no!!! That would require too much work! I might have to take a risk!!

I've got no use for people like you who spend their lives making apologies for the bad behavior of the wealthy on the hope some day, little billy, they'll give you scraps off their table.

[

I have no use for people like you who constantly whine about how they've been "mistreated" by management or ownership yet never get off their asses and start up their own businesses! Oh...gosh no!!! That would require too much work! I might have to take a risk!!

I've got no use for people like you who spend their lives making apologies for the bad behavior of the wealthy on the hope some day, little billy, they'll give you scraps off their table.

Dude, I'm semi-retired, living in Florida and playing golf five days a week! I don't need any "scraps" from the wealthy, nor do I need to "apologize" for them! Most of the wealthy people I know worked hard for what they have. They didn't sit around complaining about how their boss didn't appreciate them because in most cases THEY WERE THE BOSS AND THEY WERE PUTTING IN MORE HOURS THAN THE HIRED HELP!!!

You're the one depending on "scraps", Joe...because you've never had enough guts to risk your own time and money to be your own boss!

Most wealthy people are born on third base and think they hit a triple.

If you don't realize this truth, you are deluded.

I don't think you KNOW many wealthy people, Joe! You seem to think they're all Paris Hilton clones. The wealthy people I've known over the years almost without exception work much longer hours than any blue collar union worker. It's a bitch building your own company. It's 20 hour work days and 7 day work weeks. Then when you DO become successful and want to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work...all you hear are the whines from people like YOU who never paid that price but want your "fair share" of those that did.

I don't think you KNOW many wealthy people, Joe! You seem to think they're all Paris Hilton clones. The wealthy people I've known over the years almost without exception work much longer hours than any blue collar union worker. It's a bitch building your own company. It's 20 hour work days and 7 day work weeks. Then when you DO become successful and want to enjoy the fruits of all that hard work...all you hear are the whines from people like YOU who never paid that price but want your "fair share" of those that did.

the wealthy people I've known, have been uniformly.

1) Really dull.

2) Never known what it's like to really work in their lives.

3) Don't put in as many hours as you claim.

And frankly, I don't put "working so many hours" as a virtue. I worked 60 hours a week for the jerks who let me go because I busted up my knee. You think they appreciated it? Nope. I wish I had spent more time doing things I enjoy.

No one ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I had put in more hours at the office."

No one. Not once.

Joe, one thing I can guarantee you is that if you eventually end up hiring employees, some of them at minimum will always think you being unfair to them regardless of what you pay them.

It's all about perspective. Yes, some businesses and business owners are greedy as fuck, that doesn't mean everyone is though.

Joe, one thing I can guarantee you is that if you eventually end up hiring employees, some of them at minimum will always think you being unfair to them regardless of what you pay them.

It's all about perspective. Yes, some businesses and business owners are greedy as fuck, that doesn't mean everyone is though.

Yes, and if I ever work for that guy, I might re-evaluate that opinion.

What I have found is that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I've been a supervisor and a Sergeant in the US Army. And I'm sure people didn't like what I've told them to do. I've even fired people.

But for the most part, no, I've seen more unfair firings than fair ones.

What I have found is that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I've been a supervisor and a Sergeant in the US Army. And I'm sure people didn't like what I've told them to do. I've even fired peopl

What is unfair firing Joe? You don't have a right to a fair boss, hell you don't even have a right to a job..... I mean seriously man.

the wealthy people I've known, have been uniformly.

1) Really dull.

2) Never known what it's like to really work in their lives.

3) Don't put in as many hours as you claim.

And frankly, I don't put "working so many hours" as a virtue. I worked 60 hours a week for the jerks who let me go because I busted up my knee. You think they appreciated it? Nope. I wish I had spent more time doing things I enjoy.

No one ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I had put in more hours at the office."

No one. Not once.

On the contrary, Joe...the successful people I've known through the years are anything BUT "dull". You have to have a spark to get up and work a 20 hour day with one challenge after another getting thrown your way day after day. You have to have character when you don't get to punch a clock and go home for the weekend because you're the boss and people are counting on you to fix what's wrong so THEY can continue to get a pay check!

So what you're basically complaining about is that you held a job where some kind of menial labor was required and you were no longer able to perform the tasks that you needed to do? Intelligent people recognize that they are only going to be able to do certain types of work for so long, Joe! It's why one goes to college and learns skills that require the use of your brain and not your knees or back or get's into a management position where the same is true.

I've been a supervisor and a Sergeant in the US Army. And I'm sure people didn't like what I've told them to do. I've even fired people.

Over the years, Joe...I've probably fired well over a thousand people. It's one of the parts of my job that I've never liked but accepted for what it was. The one thing that I've learned from all those firings...over all those years...is that most of those people fire themselves. Let me repeat that for you...most of the people I had to let go in essence fired themselves! They showed up late for work. They took sick days when they felt like doing something other than working. They spent more time talking about their love lives or lack there of than they did doing their jobs. They didn't take pride in the job they did and didn't care about the customers who paid their wages. They did everything but attach a post-it to their foreheads that read "PLEASE FIRE ME!!!" in big letters for all the world to see.

[

What is unfair firing Joe? You don't have a right to a fair boss, hell you don't even have a right to a job..... I mean seriously man.

Well, why doesn't everyone have a right to a job? Because the rich would rather work 1 person to death than give 3 people jobs? That seems kind of stupid. I'm currently working in a department that used to employ 9 people and currently only has 3, doing the same amount of work.

FDR called for everyone to have a remunerative job in his Inaugural Address of 1944.

It's not like we have a lack of things that need to be done. They just aren't being done because a rich person can't make money doing them.

As for unfair firings. Let's look at my quick list.

Getting fired because you slipped on some ice and ran up too many medical bills. Happened to me personally, permanently cured me of being a Republican.

Getting fired because you showed up at the Holiday Party with your life partner, who happened to be another chick.

Getting fired because you got pregnant.

getting fired because you had an allergic reaction to something they weren't keeping MSDS sheets on.

Fired because your ex-girlfriend was now sleeping with a manager.

Getting fired because management lied to you about closing down your branch.

Getting fired because someone saw your resume on Craig's List and didn't like that you were looking.

These are all things I've seen happen in the last 22 years since I've left the Army.

Forum List

Back