What role does Affirmative Action play in the events playing out in Ferguson?

And Joe? You only wait in line if you don't know anyone. You obviously weren't connected...were you?

[

On the contrary, Joe...my industry is "notorious" for paying quite well. If you're a bartender at a top club you're walking out at the end of the night with a lot of cash in your pocket. I was a history major in college but I put myself through school working as a bartender. It was the highest paying job around for the hours worked by far!

Hmmm... do you want to make anything else up to prove your point?

I worked at Lily's in Faneuil Hall as a bartender back in the 70's. Ask anyone from Boston if that would have been a good gig, Joe! I made HUGE money at that job.

Okay, that was back in the 1970's when "Minimum Wage" was actually a living wage.

Not impressed.

Do you have any experience from THIS CENTURY?

[

On the contrary, Joe...my industry is "notorious" for paying quite well. If you're a bartender at a top club you're walking out at the end of the night with a lot of cash in your pocket. I was a history major in college but I put myself through school working as a bartender. It was the highest paying job around for the hours worked by far!

Hmmm... do you want to make anything else up to prove your point?

I worked at Lily's in Faneuil Hall as a bartender back in the 70's. Ask anyone from Boston if that would have been a good gig, Joe! I made HUGE money at that job.

Okay, that was back in the 1970's when "Minimum Wage" was actually a living wage.

Not impressed.

Do you have any experience from THIS CENTURY?

I ran clubs in Vegas, Aspen, Boston, Myrtle Beach and Wilmington. All this century...all of which you'd probably have had to wait in line to get into. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

[

Ah, yes...and that was usually the rationale that the thieves always gave when they got caught, Joe! They were stealing because they "deserved" that money.

I've found that employees only steal or misbehave (or tolerate those who do) when the management has done nothing to instill loyalty.

Loyalty is a two-way street.

And with THAT reply it's now obvious that you've never had employees of your own!

[

And with THAT reply it's now obvious that you've never had employees of your own!

Of my own, no.

People I've supervised. Yes.

For instance, I had the one employee I supervised I had to protect from management because she had the goods on him for sexual harrassment.

But fuck it, she should totally put up with that kind of behavior, because... rich people.

I've been a manager at some of the highest volume clubs in the country. People that work at places like that are some of the best at what they DO in the country and the money they command reflects that.

Okay, whatever, dude. I really don't care.

Honestly, some of these "high-profile" clubs kind of befuddle me. "Hey, let's wait in line to get into a club that is noisy and crowded."

Never understood the appeal.

Also don't think that 25% of the employees would steal from the place unless the management were such douchebags they had it coming.

It's now officially a waste of time to discuss this with you. No one deserves to be stolen from Joe.

[

Of my own, no.

People I've supervised. Yes.

For instance, I had the one employee I supervised I had to protect from management because she had the goods on him for sexual harrassment.

But fuck it, she should totally put up with that kind of behavior, because... rich people.

If someone "had the goods" on someone for sexual harassment then they should bring charges against them in court.

I've been a manager at some of the highest volume clubs in the country. People that work at places like that are some of the best at what they DO in the country and the money they command reflects that.

Honestly, some of these "high-profile" clubs kind of befuddle me. "Hey, let's wait in line to get into a club that is noisy and crowded."

Also don't think that 25% of the employees would steal from the place unless the management were such douchebags they had it coming.

It's now officially a waste of time to discuss this with you. No one deserves to be stolen from Joe.

Didn't say they did. I said that theft is usually a symptom of a larger problem. If you have 1/4 of your employees stealing from you, it means the other 75% know what's going on and don't say anything.

Didn't say they did. I said that theft is usually a symptom of a larger problem. If you have 1/4 of your employees stealing from you, it means the other 75% know what's going on and don't say anything.

You missed the gist of what I was getting at, Joe! The 25% that my former employer was talking about that would always steal are the ones that you need to get rid of. They are the ones that you don't want to hire in the first place but if they DO get hired you need to find out who they are and fire them because they will destroy your business.

These are the people that will steal no matter how well they are treated by management because it's who they are. They will always come up with a justification as to why they were "owed" that money. They're the people that think the owner makes more money than he or she "deserves"! They're the people that think the owner "deserves" to be stolen from if they aren't smart enough to catch them! They're the people who think they "deserve" the money they steal because they have to deal with demanding customers! They are the people who think they are "owed" that money because other people have things that they don't!

The 50% he spoke of are the "sheep" that go along with what they see others doing. If what they observe is people stealing without repercussions then they will also start to steal. If they observe people acting properly then they will also act properly.

Then there are the 25% of the people out there that would never steal no matter what! They are the rare people that find a wallet full of cash and return it. They are the rare people that you can trust to do the right thing simply because it's the right thing and not because they are worried they might get caught. Those were the people that my old boss wanted me to identify and reward! Those were the people that got bonuses in their paycheck. Those were the people who didn't get laid off during off season when someone had to go. Those are also the people that generally go above and beyond when it comes to performing their jobs. They are the people that build your business.

I was told this theory almost forty years ago, Joe and it's as valid today as it was back then if not more!

[

If someone "had the goods" on someone for sexual harassment then they should bring charges against them in court.

Here's the problem, guy. Most people don't go to court. Going to court is actually a very expensive process and usually kills future job prospects.

actually you don't take someone to court when they sexually harass you, you file a complaint with the government and they take care of it.

Anyone who "has the goods on someone" and doesn't do anything about it, is a damned fool..

[
actually you don't take someone to court when they sexually harass you, you file a complaint with the government and they take care of it.

Anyone who "has the goods on someone" and doesn't do anything about it, is a damned fool..

Right. You know, sounds great on paper, in the real world with real people, not so much.

Real world, management confronted this clown, and he got all apologetic and she felt sorry for him. Then the petty little shit started after that.

[

Right. You know, sounds great on paper, in the real world with real people, not so much.

Real world, management confronted this clown, and he got all apologetic and she felt sorry for him. Then the petty little shit started after that.

Do not believe

[

Then there are the 25% of the people out there that would never steal no matter what! They are the rare people that find a wallet full of cash and return it. They are the rare people that you can trust to do the right thing simply because it's the right thing and not because they are worried they might get caught. Those were the people that my old boss wanted me to identify and reward! Those were the people that got bonuses in their paycheck. Those were the people who didn't get laid off during off season when someone had to go. Those are also the people that generally go above and beyond when it comes to performing their jobs. They are the people that build your business.

I was told this theory almost forty years ago, Joe and it's as valid today as it was back then if not more!

90% of people I know would return a wallet if they found it. the two times I misplaced things from my wallet, they were returned. (on time it was my Cell phone. The cleaner called to tell me I left it in my pocket... and got the phone I left in my pocket. they held onto it until I came back for it the next day. I wasn't even aware it was missing.)

But yeah, fuck them working people, 75% of them are evil. Vote Republican!!!

Forum List

Back