Brown Case Shows Need for Street Cameras

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by protectionist, Aug 18, 2014.

1. protectionist

protectionist Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    Here's what happens thousands of times every day in America. A crime is committed out in broad daylight, but nobody was there to see it. Or if/whenever somebody says they were, nobody knows if that's true. Result ? No charges placed becasue of insufficient evidence.

At the same time, an innocent person could get caught up in something when in the aftermath, it appears like he might have done a crime. He gets arrested wrongly.

All this could be avoided by having street cameras, hooked into recorders.

I am a big fan of the TV show "Forensic Files". It is amazing how many criminals would have gone scott free had it not been for the forensic science investigation. But many criminals ARE going free right now, only because of the lack of street cameras which could catch criminals in the act, before the cops even arrive at the scene.

The Brown case is a perfect example. Had a street camera been on in the street where the shooting occured we could simple play back the video and know exactly what happened. There was no camera, so we can't. Contrast that with the camera/recorder of the convenience store which WAS operating, and DID catch thug boy Brown right in his tracks. And without that video, we would be seeing this Brown case quite differently right now.

Another example is the Carlie Brucia murder case. Killer Joseph Smith was convicted killing 11 year old Carlie. But would he have been even arrested, if not for a video which showed him and little Carlie Brucia walking together through a car wash, where Smith picked her up ? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Pennywise

Pennywise Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,371
    Mod Edit XXXXXXX. There are too many cameras everywhere already.

3. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    No, I'm an ordinary law-abiding citizen, who wants to see little girls like Carlie Brucia not be abducted, raped, and killed. So now that I've answered your question, which came second, you may now answer MY question which came first. Except that I'll I'll add one more part to it. Are you a moron ?

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Feels Good!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,158
    Cameras on Private Property: Great
    Cops recording Traffic Stops: Great!
    The People recording Cops recording Traffic Stops: Even Better!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,943
    A camera will stop them from being abducted?

6. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    Why not just have cameras recording everything out in PUBLIC places ? (except inside restrooms) When you're out in PUBLIC, everyone is already seeing you anyway. There's no such thing as privacy when you are out in public places.

7. Pennywise

Pennywise Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,371
    We need protection from people like you a lot more than we do from illegal immigrants.

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Feels Good!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,158
    The NSA said it's using all that data they collect to keep tabs on America's Enemies.

Turns out they were Spying for Corporations and Spying on us!

Why do you trust government so much? They Lie ALL THE TIME! I don't trust my neighbor to do the right thing, why would I trust the Government to do so? Because our flag is red, white and blue?

9. protectionist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,798
    In some cases it could that. And the primary way it would, would be by catching abductor killers like Joseph Smith, so they don't get way with their crime, and then go out and do it AGAIN, & AGAIN, & AGAIN.

How many more little girls would have been sexually battered and killed by Joseph Smith over the past 10 years (since his arrest), if he had not been nabbed by the car wash security camera, and then the police ?

10. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,943
    False premise. I would have no more girls ever abducted and abused. That does not mean I think that a camera on every street corner will prevent that. In fact, all it will do is provide proof if the abductor is captured, it won't prevent the abduction at all.

A person who is willing to take little girls and sexually assault them and/or kill them is not going to be deterred by a camera that could easily be defeated before the abduction.

Sorry, but this just opens up far more potential for abuse than any problem it would solve.

There is already too much surveillance for My taste.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1