What Retaliation For Soleimani's Death Would Justify War With Iran?

Iran is confused.

They were use to having their asses kissed by Obama. Hell the dumbass even sent them barrels of cash.

They can't figure out why they can't get away with their terrorist shit with Trump.

State sponsored (or state ordered) assassinations don't make the world a safer place. They do the opposite.

oopsimpeached-600x381.jpg

Live Updates: Iran Vows ‘Forceful Revenge’ After U.S. Kills General

How big a splash will Iran's retaliation for the killing of their Qud leader have to be to justify our nation going to war with Iran?

How many dead Americans would you say?

How many will you accept without going to war?

If they just kill...four...Americans, will that not be enough?

Well, he was responsible for at least two hundred dead Americans from attacks he planned so the fact that he was allowed to live by the bush and obummer admins means we waited long enough .

Your hero. the obummer gave them billions and their support for terrorism increased so his plan clearly didn't work.

I say let's see how many of their top guys we can kill.

Also, I believe he was in Iraq, so he was a fair target, no?
Do you have any proof of these acts
Than whats the problem?
I find it amusing how the Trumptards behave so Orwellian.

I find it amusing some Americans get their panties in a twist over a drone taking out an asshole that has been behind the murder of 100s of their fellow citizens.
Do you have any proof of what he did?

I just have to say here, if you require proof that the now greasy grimy gopher guts mutilated monkey meat deaded terrorist was responsible for the deaths of at least 500 American soldiers, you're apparently eaten up by a really special kind of stupidity.

Not even CNN and MSNBC is disputing that fact.
If Iran had done what Trump did it would be an act of terrorism. It is no different because the US did it.
"Terrorist" attacks: White 6 calls it: asymmetric warfare (non-linear, shoot and scoot, hit and run, hard to pin down) tactics
It is the same techniques used by the Native Americans against the European settlers, and even though it wasn't ultimately successful, it was a very long-term pain in the ass, wasn't it? A few hundred years worth? Just as an aside comment, shooting the ones we could catch and burning down some villages didn't seem to change their minds that they wanted their own way of life without interference from outsiders. Hmmmmm......

To me, what distinguishes what we've done from being "terrorist" is that we engaged a military target. The jihadis are attacking innocent civilians going about their business.

How big a splash will Iran's retaliation for the killing of their Qud leader have to be to justify our nation going to war with Iran?

Well, he was responsible for at least two hundred dead Americans from attacks he planned so the fact that he was allowed to live by the bush and obummer admins means we waited long enough .

Your hero. the obummer gave them billions and their support for terrorism increased so his plan clearly didn't work.

I find it amusing some Americans get their panties in a twist over a drone taking out an asshole that has been behind the murder of 100s of their fellow citizens.

I just have to say here, if you require proof that the now greasy grimy gopher guts mutilated monkey meat deaded terrorist was responsible for the deaths of at least 500 American soldiers, you're apparently eaten up by a really special kind of stupidity.

If Iran had done what Trump did it would be an act of terrorism. It is no different because the US did it.
"Terrorist" attacks: White 6 calls it: asymmetric warfare (non-linear, shoot and scoot, hit and run, hard to pin down) tactics
It is the same techniques used by the Native Americans against the European settlers, and even though it wasn't ultimately successful, it was a very long-term pain in the ass, wasn't it? A few hundred years worth? Just as an aside comment, shooting the ones we could catch and burning down some villages didn't seem to change their minds that they wanted their own way of life without interference from outsiders. Hmmmmm......

To me, what distinguishes what we've done from being "terrorist" is that we engaged a military target. The jihadis are attacking innocent civilians going about their business.

It sure worked against the British.
The Brits used the old line up and march toward your enemies firing until one side killed the other.
Boy were they surprised when we didnt play that way.

State sponsored (or state ordered) assassinations don't make the world a safer place. They do the opposite.

Ummmmm, he was a enemy general, in a theater of war.....the fact that obummer kissed his ass only shows what a useless piece of shit obummer was, this dude was a legit target, just like Yamomoto during WWII.

What Trump did was an act of terrorism. The USA is now a terrorist country. Congratulations.

Wasn't the USA a terrorist country before Trump entered into office?
Not
What Trump did was an act of terrorism. The USA is now a terrorist country. Congratulations.

Wasn't the USA a terrorist country before Trump entered into office?
Terrorist? Bully for 50 some years, but not terrorist.

So all the thousands drone strikes in seven countries that killed civilians were not terrorist attacks? Do you want to explain that to the seven countries that these attacks took place in?
When you are right you are right. I guess America has been a terrorist state for quite some time, as long as it has been countries that were attacked and nor terrorist organizations.

We need to bring all of our troops home and defend our country. Enough of our presence all over the world with troops, get them out of the Middle East, Far East, Europe and the rest of the world. Let the ME figure it out, if that means more war, unrest and human rights issues, let the U.N. take care of it and we need to step aside and not worry. It’s not our business.
That is only going to happen when the oil dries up.

He was attacking Iran.

He was attacking Iran.
Who was?

You know, there were cheers when OBL was taken out.

There were also cheers when Al-Baghdadi was taken out as well.

But, neither one of them was a respected general in a government of a country we have problems with. Both of them were acting on their own and running terrorist networks, not governments.

The main difference here is not only was he someone who was a major player in Iran's government and military, but he was also a cult hero to the people over there. Granted, he took a lot of lives of Westerners, but his people see him as a staunch defender of Iran.

We also had a General who achieved cult status and is widely regarded as a hero of the first water. But, he took a lot of lives of Middle Easterners, and he would probably be considered a monster by those over there. His name was General Schwartzkopf.

Hate to tell you guys, but Trump just offed the Iranian equivalent of Schwartzkopf.

Yep, and that is the same as an act of war... with not only Iran but ALL the different factions in the Middle East Iran is friendly with. This is like fighting the Taliban, ISIS, The Iranian Revolutionary Guard, and several other groups all at once.
And kick their asses...all at once.

You know, there were cheers when OBL was taken out.

There were also cheers when Al-Baghdadi was taken out as well.

But, neither one of them was a respected general in a government of a country we have problems with. Both of them were acting on their own and running terrorist networks, not governments.

The main difference here is not only was he someone who was a major player in Iran's government and military, but he was also a cult hero to the people over there. Granted, he took a lot of lives of Westerners, but his people see him as a staunch defender of Iran.

We also had a General who achieved cult status and is widely regarded as a hero of the first water. But, he took a lot of lives of Middle Easterners, and he would probably be considered a monster by those over there. His name was General Schwartzkopf.

Hate to tell you guys, but Trump just offed the Iranian equivalent of Schwartzkopf.
Nonsense, Solemani was held in much higher regard by the regime and some of the Iranian people than schwarzkopf ever was. Another difference is that Solemani never commended Iranian troops in battle, but his job was to organize Arab proxies to do Iran's fighting for it. In his function and achievements he was much more like bin Laden than an American general and his proudest achievement was to make Iran the greatest state sponsor of terrorism. If Democrats still had any interests other than attacking the President, they would be clapping alongside Republicans and all other loyal Americans.
Now every time an Iranian leader and his chauffeur get into a car to go for a ride they have to wonder if it is their last day on earth. Trump’s given them the “pucker factor.”

We are now seeing why Trump is not suited to be President.

Most Presidents could give his reason for an attack, identify a threat and the global community would support us

But Trump lies incessantly. He has no credibility at home or abroad. Whatever Trump says must be viewed as a lie
Makes it difficult to justify your actions

No what we are seeing is just how little integrity and lack of ethics Trump supporters have that they can flip flop on staying out of endless wars and moving out of the Middle East, just because Trump has. It never was about his campaign promises and positions. It was always about him being a troll and having a large R after his name.

Trump supporters are now putting Trump before country. Sad. Biggly, perfect sad. (I had to say it like Trump would so maybe they would understand it.)

Trump has created the instability in the region.
We are now witnessing how inept he is in foreign policy and how little global support he is receiving.

The rest of the world had worked a resolution with Iran that was being complied with

Trump knew better
Again, your comments show your ignorance. Iran was violating the bullshit pinky promise Obama and horse face made with them. Obama foreign policy emboldened our enemies.

The missile attack was in response to not only the killing of an American, but the attack on our embassy, which is considered to be a sovereign entity of the United States...

Is an Embassy on Foreign Soil the Sovereign Territory of the Host Country or the Embassy's Country?

Therefore we have every right to use whatever means are necessary to protect and defend it, unless your name is Hillary Clinton, and your embassy happens to be in Benghazi.

The embassy is part of the United States despite being in another country. They have the right to defend it. The man they killed not there, he was at an airport in Iraq.

General Patreus who is a big war hawk just questioned the move as well.

The United Sates has worked hard to get new people in power and to get a better relationship with the Iraqi leaders. Using a drone to do a missile strike in THEIR country without THEIR permission to kill a leader from THEIR neighboring country is a reckless decision.

So how much would have howled and blamed Trump if Suleiman had carried out another rocket attack, and they landed squarely in the Green Zone, killing several Americans?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
Trump is to blame for escalating a stable political situation

It's not a "stable political situation" when someone is lobbing missiles at you and trying to redecorate your embassy with fire and spray paint.

I"m just saying.
Of course it is not
Not now under Trump

The US, Russia, China and the EU had a working agreement with Iran and Iran was complying with it

It was Trump who withdrew from the deal and put crippling sanctions on Iran. It was Donny Dealmaker who said he would negotiate a better deal

So far, his deal is to create a global crisis
Guess you think we should send Kerry and James Taylor abroad to serenade rouge regimes that sponsor terrorism.

He was attacking Iran.
Who was?
Trump

Most Presidents could give his reason for an attack, identify a threat and the global community would support us

But Trump lies incessantly. He has no credibility at home or abroad. Whatever Trump says must be viewed as a lie

No what we are seeing is just how little integrity and lack of ethics Trump supporters have that they can flip flop on staying out of endless wars and moving out of the Middle East, just because Trump has. It never was about his campaign promises and positions. It was always about him being a troll and having a large R after his name.

Trump supporters are now putting Trump before country. Sad. Biggly, perfect sad. (I had to say it like Trump would so maybe they would understand it.)

We are now witnessing how inept he is in foreign policy and how little global support he is receiving.

The rest of the world had worked a resolution with Iran that was being complied with

Trump knew better
Again, your comments show your ignorance. Iran was violating the bullshit pinky promise Obama and horse face made with them. Obama foreign policy emboldened our enemies.

That's the Democrat's logic for you: They were overjoyed that Obama's Iran Deal put some stipulations on Iran's nuclear program but at the same time, they were mute about the fact that Iran was actively killing American soldiers in Iraq and Syria at the same time.

Someone please tell me again why we need a Democrat President in 2020?

Operation Praying Mantis was an attack on 18 April 1988, by U.S. forces within Iranian territorial waters in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf during the Iran–Iraq War and the subsequent damage to an American warship.

On 14 April, the guided missile frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts struck a mine while deployed in the Persian Gulf as part of Operation Earnest Will, the 1987–88 convoy missions in which U.S. warships escorted reflagged Kuwaiti oil tankers to protect them from Iranian attacks. The explosion blew a 4.5 m (15-foot) hole in the Samuel B. Roberts's hull and nearly sank it. The crew saved their ship with no loss of life, and the Samuel B. Roberts was towed to Dubai, United Arab Emirates on 16 April. After the mining, U.S. Navy divers recovered other mines in the area. When the serial numbers were found to match those of mines seized along with the Iran Ajr the previous September, U.S. military officials planned a retaliatory operation against Iranian targets in the Persian Gulf.

According to Bradley Peniston, the attack by the U.S. helped pressure Iran to agree to a ceasefire with Iraq later that summer, ending the eight-year conflict between the Persian Gulf neighbors. By the end of the operation, U.S. air and surface units had sunk, or severely damaged, half of Iran's operational fleet.

Operation Praying Mantis - Wikipedia

Takeaway: no war ensued, in fact we ended one or contributed to it. Let's not forget one important thing: the Iranians do not want a war with the United States. Why? Because they would lose big time and it would probably cause the current regime to be toppled, just like Saddam. Those fuckwads are going to do something somewhere, to save face. Maybe through one of their proxies in Syria, Lebanon or Iraq. If it's big enough they WILL pay a significant price just like they did 20 years ago. And they know it, or should know it. Unlike Desert Storm, I doubt we'll be fielding our own Army into Iran, if we give them a chance to back down they will.

Trump knew better

Don't know if you are aware, but that region has been unstable for quite some time. Something like 3,000 years. Just letting you know.

And if anyone is to blame it was the regime (Carter) that put Kohmeini in the drivers seat in Iran back in 1978 or whatever. We truly fuck up everything over there. But this was an elimination of a terrorist threat. I'm good with that.

Not sure that's true. The really bad guys ought to be stopped, and if state assassinations are the only way then I got no problem with doing it. For sure the dead bad guys will be replaced, but it does send an ominous message: DON'T FUCK WITH US. It's called deterrence, and sometimes it works. Some would even call it Justice.

Forum List

Back