Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Spiritual, but not "religious"

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
padisha emperor said:
What the fuck, merlin ?
wioth such messages, don"'t be surprised if after, French are not really friendly with people like you.

i'm atheist because I don't believe in God. But I respect all the religion.

But for me, therer is not a God who create the universe, the Earth.......

the science progresses show that the religious affirmantions made centuries ago are wrong, for a big part.
I think that soon, or in the future, science will be able to discover other things, which will show that others religiyuos thoughts wil be wrong.

Things which were qualified with a divine origin are now explain by science.

but i'm atheist.

if somebody give me a proof of God's existence, then, it would be different.

So how was science created ?

i get in to this argument with my mom all the time. shes a hardcore old school bible thumper. everything is through gods will, even that shit you took this morning.
johnney, if I well understood your message, your mother kick the Bible, and you are strongly religious, is it correct ?

So how was science created ?

Science was not created.
it didn't appear suddenly, but it is a long evolution.
with the domestication of Fire, the Man was able to involve in his capacities.
And then, a long road to find and discover moer and more things.

Scientific spirit comes from the Human nature, the human curiosity.

3 centuries ago, the religious believed that Earth was 6000 years old. no one spoke of the theory of evolution.
Now, we nkow that Earth is 4.5 billions years old.
Scientific research show that the species came from a long and hard road...
now the question is not : what there is before 6000 years ? but what there is before 15 billions years.
how are we arrived at this point ? with science developpment.
maybe in one century, people would be able to know what there is before Big Bang.
Then,the religious area will withdraw again, and become more and more shorter.

it is like the 10 plagues of Egypt.
they can be explia by scientifical facts.

padisha emperor said:
johnney, if I well understood your message, your mother kick the Bible, and you are strongly religious, is it correct ?

Science was not created.
it didn't appear suddenly, but it is a long evolution.
with the domestication of Fire, the Man was able to involve in his capacities.
And then, a long road to find and discover moer and more things.

Scientific spirit comes from the Human nature, the human curiosity.

3 centuries ago, the religious believed that Earth was 6000 years old. no one spoke of the theory of evolution.
Now, we nkow that Earth is 4.5 billions years old.
Scientific research show that the species came from a long and hard road...
now the question is not : what there is before 6000 years ? but what there is before 15 billions years.
how are we arrived at this point ? with science developpment.
maybe in one century, people would be able to know what there is before Big Bang.
Then,the religious area will withdraw again, and become more and more shorter.

it is like the 10 plagues of Egypt.
they can be explia by scientifical facts.

can you prove that "scientific spirit" came from man ?

can you proove it came from God ?

the evolution of the species : the species became more and more bright, look : unicellular organism, and after complex things like the animals, the huamn beeings.
it took 3 billions years.

but after a so long evolution, the brains were more complex, and involve....
Some animals can think, can have a social life.
the Human beeing is just an animal who had luck.....
the Human beeing appeared really late, in his actual form.

Do you believe that God create the Human beeing and earth ?
the religion teach that God create them, not far in time.
but if you put the story of earth in one year, the Human beeing comes December, the 31st, at 11h30 pm, or maybe later.
Big time bewteen the two, no ?
Doesn't it hurt the Religion thoughts ?

Usually I let threads go their natural course, but not this one.

Please take the evolution/creationism discussion to a different thread. This is a thread to discuss what religion you follow.

gop_jeff said:
That is the classical definition of Deism. I didn't include that one... sorry. :(

For shame! Thomas Jefferson and several other founding fathers were Deists and not Christians. Jefferson was more specifically identified as Unitarian/Deist)

Andy

For the record, I'm somewhere in the area of Unitarian/Zen Buddhist.

CivilLiberty said:
For shame! Thomas Jefferson and several other founding fathers were Deists and not Christians. Jefferson was more specifically identified as Unitarian/Deist)

Andy

For the record, I'm somewhere in the area of Unitarian/Zen Buddhist.

The Unitarians of that time were protestant Christians, it is most definitely not the same Church today as it was then. I don't disagree that he was a Deist, but the vast majority of them were Christians and all of them believed in God as a Creator, including the Deists.

Jefferson, and most of the founding fathers were Freemasons and you cannot become a Freemason without a belief in God as Creator.

Athiest here. I find religeon to be ANTI-FREEDOM. I value freedom to much to be bound by religeous rules. Besides god doesn't exist. He was created by men to control other people. That's what religeon is all about. CONTROL.

Minuteman said:
Athiest here. I find religeon to be ANTI-FREEDOM. I value freedom to much to be bound by religeous rules. Besides god doesn't exist. He was created by men to control other people. That's what religeon is all about. CONTROL.

Funny that the freest nation on earth was founded by a bunch of people that you consider anti-freedom.

Why don't you ad JMHO at the end since you cannot prove what you say just as you will assert Christians, Buddhist, etc. cannot prove what they say. Have a little humility will ya and remember, freedom means allowing others to believe what they want without ridicule.

"freedom means allowing others to believe what they want without ridicule."

I don't DISALLOW or redicule others for believing what they believe. But I find that it's usually the FUNDIES that redicule me for not believing thier mythical god. I say this because I would hate to see CHRISTIANS become The TALIBAN start shoving thier religeon down my throat.

I think it's interesting that of this minute, this 'far right' board is nowhere close to the numbers of the general US pop. 50% Christian. Substantial numbers of atheists and agnostics. Maybe some on the left are overestimating their support?

Minuteman said:

I don't DISALLOW or redicule others for believing what they believe. But I find that it's usually the FUNDIES that redicule me for not believing thier mythical god. I say this because I would hate to see CHRISTIANS become The TALIBAN start shoving thier religeon down my throat.

But in this thread, I see you as the only one ridiculing anybody. Your condensation and your intolerance is not in keeping with the ideal of the type of freedom you claim to want to enjoy.

freeandfun1 said:
But in this thread, I see you as the only one ridiculing anybody. Your condensation and your intolerance is not in keeping with the ideal of the type of freedom you claim to want to enjoy.

Who am I rediculing. You believe your god exists, I don't. No redicule there. Just different beliefs. I have NO PROBLEM with religeous people as long as they keep thier religeon out of my life. HOW AM I INTOLERANT??

Minuteman said:

So how do you differentiate between Christians merely existing and having representation in government to shoving their religion down your throat??? Curious?

Minuteman said:
Who am I rediculing. You believe your god exists, I don't. No redicule there. Just different beliefs. I have NO PROBLEM with religeous people as long as they keep thier religeon out of my life. HOW AM I INTOLERANT??

Frankly, I feel as if your attitude toward those that do believe is where you clearly exhibit your intolerance - for example, using terms such as "fundies" and making unfounded and intolerant comments such as "I find religeon to be ANTI-FREEDOM", "Besides god doesn't exist. He was created by men to control other people. That's what religeon is all about. CONTROL", "I find that it's usually the FUNDIES that redicule me for not believing thier mythical god". All statements that show a clear intolerant bias against Christians inparticular. I just feel that if you were truly tolerant and truly believed in freedom as you profess, you would let others believe what they want without all the condesending and insulting comments. I haven't seen anybody in this thread refer to you as living in la la land or anything because you don't believe, yet you throw out all kinds of stuff and then claim to be tolerant and value freedom. I could fully understand your point if you had replied "atheist" and then somebody threw and insult at you. Instead, you jump right into insulting those that do believe and then claim you are tolerant. You threw the first stone yet that is exactly what you are accusing "fundies" of doing.

Yeah Free he uses very harsh language for one so enlightened and tolerant. Fundies, Control, Mythical, and Taliban in the same paragraph........Makes you wonder doesn't it??

Bonnie said:
Yeah Free he uses very harsh language for one so enlightened and tolerant. Fundies, Control, Mythical, and Taliban in the same paragraph........Makes you wonder doesn't it??

It is amazing isn't it? Yet WE are the intolerant ones. :rolleyes:

Minuteman said:

Methinks you're one of those shock-value Athiests I sometimes refer to.. One who claims Atheism just to get a reaction out of people. Actual Athiests don't believe in God, but they don't go around spouting the mindless gibberish you just spit out of nowhere. They simply don't believe in God, Satan, Heaven, Hell, or any form of organized religion.

Go ahead, and ask me how I know. :poke: I think your post is out of line, and gives true Athiests a bad name. You're no better than the zealots who *do* take Christianity too far (and yes, there IS a difference).

Forum List

Back