• Muslim

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Spiritual, but not "religious"

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Shattered said:
Methinks you're one of those shock-value Athiests I sometimes refer to.. One who claims Atheism just to get a reaction out of people. Actual Athiests don't believe in God, but they don't go around spouting the mindless gibberish you just spit out of nowhere. They simply don't believe in God, Satan, Heaven, Hell, or any form of organized religion.

Go ahead, and ask me how I know. :poke: I think your post is out of line, and gives true Athiests a bad name. You're no better than the zealots who *do* take Christianity too far (and yes, there IS a difference).

Wow... I had no idea there were "true atheists" and "shock atheists." (being sincere here)

Bonnie said:
Andy-Andy
Are you getting animated on us now??? :)

At the civil liberties forum I run, I have a sub category called "Aluminum Foil Hats". While I don't censor anyone, I do reserve the right to re-categorize a thread to that area. There are some pretty kooky people - left right and from planet zordon!

The EXTREMISTS are the most visible - left or right. I give none of them any credence.

A

"It is amazing isn't it? Yet WE are the intolerant ones."

Yes you are actually.

Religeous tolerance = OXYMORON

Athiests don't blow people up because they refuse to follow a particular religeon (Isluuum). They don't behead innocent people either. We don't put down gay people because of their sexual preference. I read a sign by Republican protesters that read "God hates fags". Which contradicts the idea that "God is love".

Btw, Islamic terrorists are CONSERVATIVE.

Minuteman said:
"It is amazing isn't it? Yet WE are the intolerant ones."

Yes you are actually.

Religeous tolerance = OXYMORON

Athiests don't blow people up because they refuse to follow a particular religeon (Isluuum). They don't behead innocent people either. We don't put down gay people because of their sexual preference. I read a sign by Republican protesters that read "God hates fags". Which contradicts the idea that "God is love".

Btw, Islamic terrorists are CONSERVATIVE.

So you are equating Christians with terrorists, and lumping all Republicans and religious people as gay bashers because you saw a sign?

Btw Islamic terrorists are just that terrorists, they twist the Kuran to suit their own agenda, religion has nothing to do with their persuits.

Bonnie said:
So you are equating Christians with terrorists, and lumping all Republicans and religious people as gay bashers because you saw a sign?

Btw Islamic terrorists are just that terrorists, they twist the Kuran to suit their own agenda, religion has nothing to do with their persuits.

He again is espousing his intolerance in an effort to "prove" that those that do not believe as he does are intolerant. As far as I am concerned, he has no credibilty.

freeandfun1 said:
He again is espousing his intolerance in an effort to "prove" that those that do not believe as he does are intolerant. As far as I am concerned, he has no credibilty.

We disagreed with Bush and his policies and you guys called us TRAITORS. And you call me INTOLERANT??

Kathianne said:
I think it's interesting that of this minute, this 'far right' board is nowhere close to the numbers of the general US pop. 50% Christian. Substantial numbers of atheists and agnostics. Maybe some on the left are overestimating their support?

Actually, it points to the fact that you don't have to be deeply religious or Christian to be conservative.

Shattered said:
Methinks you're one of those shock-value Athiests I sometimes refer to.. One who claims Atheism just to get a reaction out of people. Actual Athiests don't believe in God, but they don't go around spouting the mindless gibberish you just spit out of nowhere. They simply don't believe in God, Satan, Heaven, Hell, or any form of organized religion.

Go ahead, and ask me how I know. :poke: I think your post is out of line, and gives true Athiests a bad name. You're no better than the zealots who *do* take Christianity too far (and yes, there IS a difference).

:clap:

MissileMan said:
Actually, it points to the fact that you don't have to be deeply religious or Christian to be conservative.

Oh I agree, but the current lib take on anyone voting GOP is that they are knuckle dragging, bible toting, drooling imbecile. Now that means over 1/2 of voting Americans, but that doesn't give them pause.

Minuteman said:
We disagreed with Bush and his policies and you guys called us TRAITORS. And you call me INTOLERANT??

WTF are you talking about? You are the one exhibiting intolerant tendancies with your idiotic, chilidish and uneducated babbling.

Take a hike would ya?

gop_jeff said:
Wow... I had no idea there were "true atheists" and "shock atheists." (being sincere here)

Sure there are.. Some people don't know what they believe in (if anything), but they *know* the second they say "I'm an Athiest" in a room full of Christians, all hell is going to break loose, and they like the attention.

I'm pretty sure that he can't even define Atheism, without a dictionary, or without using the description I gave in my post.

We don't refer to (your) God as "mythical".. For you, it's not. For us, it's just non-existant and/or non-believable. We prefer to let you have your belief, and ask only that you let us have ours.. We have extemists, just like you do.. Ours resort to name-calling, and childish tantrums, and yours resort to telling us that we're going to hell. :)

Looks like He is afraid of God.

Tell him/her/it to call me and I'll b!tchslap him/her/it back to heaven.

*** nervously waiting to be struck down *** LOL!!!!

Sir Evil said:
That's just a really stupid thing to say! have no belief? then try a different forum.

So Athiests are not welcome to these boards?? Or is your god so weak that non believers need to be shut up.

Minuteman said:
So Athiests are not welcome to these boards?? Or is your god so weak that non believers need to be shut up.

Not so. I'm living proof you can survive here, regardless of your religious affiliation (or lack thereof). :)

Forum List

Back