• Muslim

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Spiritual, but not "religious"

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Don't know/don't care

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
deaddude said:
Sure he can, an agnostic can believe in a deity so long as the agnostic does not claim knowledge of the nature of the deity.

actually he can't.....but you knew that huh?

Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

manu1959 said:
actually he can't.....but you knew that huh?

Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

Note the broadly the second part of the definition is overly broad. Just because on believes that God is unknowable does not mean that one cannot believe in an unknowable God.

Im a Latter-day Saint since i realized i didn't put that up here earlier. Just so you all know.

deaddude said:
Note the broadly the second part of the definition is overly broad. Just because on believes that God is unknowable does not mean that one cannot believe in an unknowable God.

and yet another "kerryism" ... i believe in something i belive to be unknowable....

you enter a a pitch black room...you can not see your hand before your face....what color is the cat in the room?

MrMarbles said:
Well, I believe in God. But I don't think he/she/it doesn't mess with our everyday lives. He/She/It created the universe and is now sitting back watching the whole thing unfold.

:banana: :blah2: :blah2:

MrMarbles said:
Well, I believe in God. But I don't think he/she/it doesn't mess with our everyday lives. He/She/It created the universe and is now sitting back watching the whole thing unfold.

That is the classical definition of Deism. I didn't include that one... sorry. :(

manu1959 said:
and yet another "kerryism" ... i believe in something i belive to be unknowable....

you enter a a pitch black room...you can not see your hand before your face....what color is the cat in the room?

How about phraseing it like this "I believe that there is a higher power, I just dont know what that higher power is."

manu1959 said:

That is a very good analogy for religion entirely. Nobody knows what color the cat is, but some have faith that it is black, others that it is calico; others believe it is a trick question and that there is no cat, while others don’t know.

deaddude said:
That is a very good analogy for religion entirely. Nobody knows what color the cat is, but some have faith that it is black, others that it is calico; others believe it is a trick question and that there is no cat, while others don’t know.

I think most of us feel that way at one time or other. True I don't really know what color the cat is and I don't need to know that, but I know what the cat expects of me, and I know what the cat stands for and how it has worked for me in my life to what purpose Im here on this earth. That's really all I need to know.

I follow no one....
I am the leader of the Jedi religion!!!!!!

When I went to basic training, there were like 4 guys who were fighting to
get the Army to officially recognize the Jedi religion.
Isn't that sad???

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I follow no one....
I am the leader of the Jedi religion!!!!!!

When I went to basic training, there were like 4 guys who were fighting to
get the Army to officially recognize the Jedi religion.
Isn't that sad???

LOL. The church my mother made me go to made us all take a class before seeing the movie. They taught us that the Force was make believe!

And I wish I was kidding!

no1tovote4 said:
LOL. The church my mother made me go to made us all take a class before seeing the movie. They taught us that the Force was make believe!

And I wish I was kidding!
Them four fellas need some Jesus!

Forum List

Back