What Really Happens When You Don't Separate Church and State

Yep despite liberal claims they can not name a single right winger who is talking about setting up some kind of Christian Theocracy in America. However you do not have to look far to find Muslims wanting Sharia in America. Which is by definition a Religious State.

Rep. Michele Bachmann Tied To Christian Band That Calls For Gays To Be Executed --->>> GOP-linked punk rock ministry says executing gays is ‘moral’ Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. ------->>> She can run but she can't hide (her re-election time eyebrow raisers) - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor

How does him saying that equate to an attempt to set up a Christian theocracy?
thats not even about Newt

Jagger is reveals a great deal of ignorance, both historical and constitutional.

The first Amendment prohibits the Federal Government from establishing a religion and protects the rights of individuals to freely exercise their own religious preferences. Printing "In God We Trust" does not establish a state religion, such as the Church of England, which was the model the framers had in mind and wished to avoid. There is no state clergy, nor are their state churches, nor is anyone prohibited from choosing to following (or not follow) a particular religion.

God is not mentioned in the Constitution, no religious test oaths are permitted, the first amendment prevents a national church, and Jefferson clearly pointed out (the real originalist) that church and state are separated.

Article VII : "done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names"

In the year of "our" LORD. Guess you are wrong.

As long as Congress never passes a law establishing a state religion, and People can worship as they wish. The occasion cross on state land is NOT going to lead to a Christian Theocracy in America.
Congress established religion when it passed the evil wicked law that put "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins.

Will you name the religion and give a link?

Yeah where does it say Which god?

lol

Islam is the largest religion of Turkey. More than 99 percent of the population is registered as Muslim. Turkey is officially a secular state with no official religion since the constitutional amendment in 1924.

Last edited:

I know it is about some fringe Republican. What I want to know is why the left equates a few Republicans holding strange religious views as a push to set up a christian state in America.

Islam is the largest religion of Turkey. More than 99 percent of the population is registered as Muslim. Turkey is officially a secular state with no official religion since the constitutional amendment in 1924.

Turkey and Indonesia are the exception to the norm though. Most Majority Muslim nations are not secular and are ruled by one form or another of Sharia.

The only ones demanding the church and state become one, here, are the muslim activists. They are supported by the leftist 'activists', that are so caught up in political correctness, they can't see the forest for the trees. Only by repeating the facts and searching for the truth will this be settled.

Yep despite liberal claims they can not name a single right winger who is talking about setting up some kind of Christian Theocracy in America. However you do not have to look far to find Muslims wanting Sharia in America. Which is by definition a Religious State.

Rep. Michele Bachmann Tied To Christian Band That Calls For Gays To Be Executed --->>> GOP-linked punk rock ministry says executing gays is ‘moral’ Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. ------->>> She can run but she can't hide (her re-election time eyebrow raisers) - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor

Now when Obama was tied to the terrorist, Bill Ayers, you told us that didn't matter. You will need to establish more of a pattern than that. Was she attending Rev Wright's church, too?

Jagger is reveals a great deal of ignorance, both historical and constitutional.

The first Amendment prohibits the Federal Government from establishing a religion and protects the rights of individuals to freely exercise their own religious preferences. Printing "In God We Trust" does not establish a state religion, such as the Church of England, which was the model the framers had in mind and wished to avoid. There is no state clergy, nor are their state churches, nor is anyone prohibited from choosing to following (or not follow) a particular religion.

God is not mentioned in the Constitution, no religious test oaths are permitted, the first amendment prevents a national church, and Jefferson clearly pointed out (the real originalist) that church and state are separated.

Article VII : "done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names"

That is an annotation required by law for filing. It is not part of the governing charter of the land. Honest, logical4u, where were you educated?

How does him saying that equate to an attempt to set up a Christian theocracy?
thats not even about Newt

I know it is about some fringe Republican. What I want to know is why the left equates a few Republicans holding strange religious views as a push to set up a christian state in America.

For the same reason a few right wacks think all of the left is somehow allied with Islam.

Guys, ignore the loonies on the fringes.

Iranian authorities are seeking a potential death sentence for a human rights activist and journalist, Shiva Nazar-Ahari, 26, for the crime of “warring against God.” Since the regime views itself as the expression of Allah’s will on Earth, Sharia law allows virtually any opposition to the government to constitute “warring against God” in the twisted logic of the Iranian regime.

sounds like they learned well from the christian monarchies. students of history.

If a 'right wing' member of the forum had posted this, truthmatters would be asking us why we hate Islam and telling us we're encouraging Muslim fundamentalists to attack us, that we want a 'war with Islam'. Funny old world.

the people who 'liked' this post are a good sample of the idiots on this forum

I don't think I ever got an answer, Jillian and company, care to provide us with a MAIN STREAM Christian group in the US that is advocating a Theocracy?

That is an annotation required by law for filing. It is not part of the governing charter of the land. Honest, logical4u, where were you educated?

If they were interested in having the Lord removed from the government, they could have used a different calendar (say the Roman one, the "society" many secularists claim the founding fathers used as a "sole" model). If that "annotation" was required "by law" and this was essentially "the first law" why did they include it?

Please keep doing your spin, it just makes you silly.

If they were interested in having the Lord removed from the government, they could have used a different calendar (say the Roman one, the "society" many secularists claim the founding fathers used as a "sole" model). If that "annotation" was required "by law" and this was essentially "the first law" why did they include it?

Please keep doing your spin, it just makes you silly.

You are uneducated. The annotation as such was required by law. Do you understand that? Do you understand there were no other alternatives?

Do you feel the same about separation of church and state in Isreal?

if you knew anything, you'd know that israel has a secular government and, unlike the muslims you love so much, everyone there worships as they see fit.

nice try but can't you curb your insane hatred for even thirty seconds?

Holy crap me and Jil are agreeing on something. The planets must be aligned.

The level of Ignorance about Israel is appalling. Most people who bash them, honestly think Israel is ruled by a Jewish Theocracy. I remember a post about how many Muslims and Christians had served in their parliament, and many many Haters claiming it was NONE.

lol

Good post Jil

thanks. their ignorance is generally grounded in hatred.

notice the pretend rabbi's comments... so intent on trolling my posts that he spouts nonsense.

now watch this... pos rep for you. lol..

had to happen sometimes. :)

I bet you didn't know the Convention never voted on whether or not to put those words in the Constitution.

ARGUMENT FOR THE JURY LAW.

[Published as an Overture, 1834.]

by
The Synod of the Reformed Presbyterian Church, North America.​

...We proceed now to establish the charge of immorality against the Constitution of the United States.

1. It does not acknowledge or make any reference, to the existence or providence of the Supreme Being. The nation, as such, has no God. This is an essential evil in the constitution, which involves the hideous charge of national atheism! "The general government is erected for the general good of the United States, and especially for the management of their foreign concerns: but no association of men for moral purposes can be justified in an entire neglect of the Sovereign of the World. No consideration will justify the framers of the federal constitution, and the administration of the government, in withholding a recognition of the Lord and his anointed from the grand charter of the nation."

So in essence sharia law could be applied against anybody not of the muslim faith because as "infidels" we can all be seen as warring against god. The human rights violations against the women of that faith are deal breakers as far as I'm concerned. Anytime people can rape women and make it her fault, can stone women, can shoot women, or cut off their noses and ears all in the name of a faith without there being a punishment for such crimes means there is no seperation of church from state. That is a sick oppressed society.

in a theocracy like iran, it can be used against anyone.

do you think that if the line between church and state were destroyed in this country that the 'g-d hates fags' or 'let's burn korans' crowd would be any different? you know, like when we had witch hunts here.

The theocracy we live under in the United States is JEWISH. One clue to that is that it's perfectly OK to discuss Christianity and Islam -- and you can bash either one freely -- but you must NEVER MENTION Jews.

What you run afoul of law enforcement for is questioning JEWS. David Duke, Matt Hale... they will find a way to put you away.

if you knew anything, you'd know that israel has a secular government and, unlike the muslims you love so much, everyone there worships as they see fit.

nice try but can't you curb your insane hatred for even thirty seconds?

Holy crap me and Jil are agreeing on something. The planets must be aligned.

The level of Ignorance about Israel is appalling. Most people who bash them, honestly think Israel is ruled by a Jewish Theocracy. I remember a post about how many Muslims and Christians had served in their parliament, and many many Haters claiming it was NONE.

lol

Good post Jil

thanks. their ignorance is generally grounded in hatred.

notice the pretend rabbi's comments... so intent on trolling my posts that he spouts nonsense.

now watch this... pos rep for you. lol..

had to happen sometimes. :)

The ignorant one is you, you stupid cow. Go ahead and post some refutation--any-of what I wrote.
I won't hold my breath.
You are a complete pretend poster. Everything about you is pretend. I would guess you're actually a 300 lb black transsexual bouncer named Roscoe. You certainly have the education and manners for it.

Forum List

Back