What Really Happens When You Don't Separate Church and State

Do you feel the same about separation of church and state in Isreal?

if you knew anything, you'd know that israel has a secular government and, unlike the muslims you love so much, everyone there worships as they see fit.

nice try but can't you curb your insane hatred for even thirty seconds?

Just when I thought you couldn't get more clueless and ignorant, you do.

In fact the rabbinate in israel has a tremendous say over daily life. Want to marry a non-Jew? Nope. You're a kohein and want to marry a divorcee? Not gonna happen. Were married before and didn't get a valid rabbinic divorce? Out of luck.
And the system works just fine, btw.
So you've shown yourself (for the umpteenth time) ignorant and stupid. Ignorant because you don't know what goes on in Israel. Stupid because you maintain the mixing religion and state will invariably result in excesses like Iran.
L;shana tova.:cuckoo:

God Banned From House of Representatives

The House proceeded to consider the report of the committee, of the sixteenth instant, to whom was referred a letter addressed to the Speaker from the Doorkeeper of this House, which lay on the table; and the resolution submitted by the committee in the said report, being twice read and amended at the Clerk's table, was, on the question put thereon, agreed to by the House, as followeth:

Resolved, that no person shall be permitted to perform divine service in the chamber occupied by the House of Representatives.

--Journal of the House of Representatives of the United States, 1804-1807; MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 1804.

if you knew anything, you'd know that israel has a secular government and, unlike the muslims you love so much, everyone there worships as they see fit.

Holy crap me and Jil are agreeing on something. The planets must be aligned.

The level of Ignorance about Israel is appalling. Most people who bash them, honestly think Israel is ruled by a Jewish Theocracy. I remember a post about how many Muslims and Christians had served in their parliament, and many many Haters claiming it was NONE.

lol

Good post Jil

No person shall be permitted to perform divine service in the chamber occupied by the House of Representatives.

--Journal of the House of Representatives of the United States, March 4, 1869 to April 9, 1869
STANDING RULES AND ORDERS FOR CONDUCTING BUSINESS IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES At the close of the 1st session of the 41st Congress.

So in essence sharia law could be applied against anybody not of the muslim faith because as "infidels" we can all be seen as warring against god. The human rights violations against the women of that faith are deal breakers as far as I'm concerned. Anytime people can rape women and make it her fault, can stone women, can shoot women, or cut off their noses and ears all in the name of a faith without there being a punishment for such crimes means there is no seperation of church from state. That is a sick oppressed society.

in a theocracy like iran, it can be used against anyone.

do you think that if the line between church and state were destroyed in this country that the 'g-d hates fags' or 'let's burn korans' crowd would be any different? you know, like when we had witch hunts here.

The only ones demanding the church and state become one, here, are the muslim activists. They are supported by the leftist 'activists', that are so caught up in political correctness, they can't see the forest for the trees. Only by repeating the facts and searching for the truth will this be settled.

So in essence sharia law could be applied against anybody not of the muslim faith because as "infidels" we can all be seen as warring against god. The human rights violations against the women of that faith are deal breakers as far as I'm concerned. Anytime people can rape women and make it her fault, can stone women, can shoot women, or cut off their noses and ears all in the name of a faith without there being a punishment for such crimes means there is no seperation of church from state. That is a sick oppressed society.

do you think that if the line between church and state were destroyed in this country that the 'g-d hates fags' or 'let's burn korans' crowd would be any different? you know, like when we had witch hunts here.

The only ones demanding the church and state become one, here, are the muslim activists. They are supported by the leftist 'activists', that are so caught up in political correctness, they can't see the forest for the trees. Only by repeating the facts and searching for the truth will this be settled.

Yep despite liberal claims they can not name a single right winger who is talking about setting up some kind of Christian Theocracy in America. However you do not have to look far to find Muslims wanting Sharia in America. Which is by definition a Religious State.

Are you really comparing a wild and wholly unlikely hypothetical with an absolute hard reality in some assbackwards attempt to make your op not JUST about Islam in the middle east?

I think you get the point i made... societies are much healthier when church and state are separate

I get it and I agree.

And how many modern examples of unhealthy co-mingling of the two can you come up with that do not involve Islam?

No need to answer, since I'm pretty sure you get MY point. :thup:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mr. Van Dyke offered the following resolution:

Resolved, That a committee of two members be appointed by the Clerk to invite the different clergymen of the city of Washington to open the sessions of this House with prayer.

Mr. Jones moved that the resolution be laid upon the table;

And the question being taken on agreeing thereto,

It was decided in the negative.

--Journal of the House of Representatives of the United States, 1849-1850; FRIDAY, December 11, 1849.

Mr. Van Dyke offered the following resolution:

Resolved, That a committee of two members be appointed by the Clerk to invite the different clergymen of the city of Washington to open the sessions of this House with prayer.

Mr. Jones moved that the resolution be laid upon the table;

And the question being taken on agreeing thereto,

It was decided in the negative.

--Journal of the House of Representatives of the United States, 1849-1850; FRIDAY, December 11, 1849.

How is even having sessions opened with prayer establishing a religion or infringing on anyone's right to free exercise?

Holy crap me and Jil are agreeing on something. The planets must be aligned.

The level of Ignorance about Israel is appalling. Most people who bash them, honestly think Israel is ruled by a Jewish Theocracy. I remember a post about how many Muslims and Christians had served in their parliament, and many many Haters claiming it was NONE.

lol

Good post Jil

Nope. See my post 101.

Many "Conservatives" see no distinction between God's authority over religion and Government's authority over it. They believe government derives it's authority from god, not from the people. This brand of "Conservative" practices "Counterfeit Christianity."

Could you please cite one legitimate "conservative" who believes this.

Newt Gingrich.

IMHO, he is a "power grabber", not a conservative.

As long as Congress never passes a law establishing a state religion, and People can worship as they wish. The occasion cross on state land is NOT going to lead to a Christian Theocracy in America.
Congress established religion when it passed the evil wicked law that put "In God We Trust" on the nation's coins.

Will you name the religion and give a link?

Yep despite liberal claims they can not name a single right winger who is talking about setting up some kind of Christian Theocracy in America. However you do not have to look far to find Muslims wanting Sharia in America. Which is by definition a Religious State.

Rep. Michele Bachmann Tied To Christian Band That Calls For Gays To Be Executed --->>> GOP-linked punk rock ministry says executing gays is ‘moral’ Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. ------->>> http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_yo...ide-her-re-election-time-eyebrow-raisers.html

Last edited:
How far do people on this board go in their occult and mystical beliefs?

Only up to spirits, angels and demons or do they include "Ouija boards and astrology"?

What about superstitions? Are those included?

Portents?

Signs?

Tea leaves?

I've always wondered why some are believable and others aren't?

Are there laws against any of those? just sayin'

There is a curious irony to all religions that no one ever seems to recognize, at some point along their trajectory, their followers realize and live lives that are separate from the fundamentalism inherent in all religion. How many religious in an advanced society live according to the 'dictates,' I can think of lots of examples. Are there some who still live an orthodox faith, yes, but given other elements of society they eventually separate the two naturally.

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." Anais Nin

Islam has not undergone a reformation - nor is there any significant evidence that it is on a natural path to do so. If anything, the extremist factions that dream of a Global Caliphate are the thought leaders - which does not bode well for the world in general.

Which is why, sooner or later, we will have to declare war on Islam if we want to survive. I would like to do that sooner rather than later, because the problem is only going to get worse as time progresses.

If the leaders of islam would seperate the spirtual from the governmental, I think we could co-exist. If they will not, I fear, you are right.

Rep. Michele Bachmann Tied To Christian Band That Calls For Gays To Be Executed --->>> GOP-linked punk rock ministry says executing gays is ‘moral’ Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. ------->>> She can run but she can't hide (her re-election time eyebrow raisers) - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor

How does him saying that equate to an attempt to set up a Christian theocracy?

Rep. Michele Bachmann Tied To Christian Band That Calls For Gays To Be Executed --->>> GOP-linked punk rock ministry says executing gays is ‘moral’ Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media. ------->>> She can run but she can't hide (her re-election time eyebrow raisers) - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor
that's still not Newt Gingrich
if you want me to agree that Bachman is an extremist nutcase, i do

Forum List

Back