What Really Happens When You Don't Separate Church and State

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jillian, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Warring Against God: Human Rights Activist and Journalist Tried Under Sharia Law JONATHAN TURLEY

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    If a 'right wing' member of the forum had posted this, truthmatters would be asking us why we hate Islam and telling us we're encouraging Muslim fundamentalists to attack us, that we want a 'war with Islam'. Funny old world.

3. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    you know, i actually think this is a topic worth exploring. TM doesn't much interest me on any level. ;)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I agree with you. There are hard questions that need to be asked and answered about the compatibility between Islam and the western culture. I've had that discussion many times with Muslim friends.... and I've never been called a bigot by them. Only by left wing idiots. No surprise.

Personally, I am happy we have a separation of Church and State. I also think it is about time that we recognized the role of religion in our society - or the lack of it, and treat each with equal respect.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    So in essence sharia law could be applied against anybody not of the muslim faith because as "infidels" we can all be seen as warring against god. The human rights violations against the women of that faith are deal breakers as far as I'm concerned. Anytime people can rape women and make it her fault, can stone women, can shoot women, or cut off their noses and ears all in the name of a faith without there being a punishment for such crimes means there is no seperation of church from state. That is a sick oppressed society.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    in a theocracy like iran, it can be used against anyone.

do you think that if the line between church and state were destroyed in this country that the 'g-d hates fags' or 'let's burn korans' crowd would be any different? you know, like when we had witch hunts here.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Depends on which religion destroyed the lines. Not that I have any desire for any faith to have any influence over the US. But.... I think that Sharia is somewhat 'dark ages' compared to faiths such as yours or mine. What I can say, without fear, is that I'll take up arms rather than allow the destruction of the separation of Church and state. I do, however, wish that those of no faith would understand the difference between freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion. The first is how we live, the second is not.

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    I see Islam using the Koran as their Constitution of sorts on one end of the political spectrum. I see Liberals wanting to ban all religious activity on the other end.

9. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    There is no constitutional separation.

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Jillian the lefty again plays the scare card.
    fwiw, this country had no separation of church and state for many years. Yes, the federal gov't could not impose tests. But states could. And did.
    It isn't the mere act of religion informing the state that makes for horrors. It is the particular religion, the particular state, and the culture of the people involved.
    For what happens when the state is devoid of religion, look at the Soviet Union, Albania, China, etc etc.