What Really Happens When You Don't Separate Church and State

the first amendment prevents a national church
I don't see how you could arrive at that interpretation by following the rules of construction. However, it's a reasonable construction given the ambiguity of the language involved.

Fortunately, my reasonable interpretation has prevailed.

Last edited:
I've already called him on this. Like the Douchebag he is, he refuses to answer.

It's well established that Newt is an enemy of Separation of Church and State.
still waiting on that PROOF

He's still looking for it.....
head_up_your_ass.jpg

Everything I've ever heard from Newt Gingrich regarding things he supports and doesn't support leads me to conclude that at the very least he's open to blurring the line of separation between government and Christianity.

You're welcome to conclude otherwise and I'm welcome to think you're an idiot, a liar or both accordingly. :thup:

What do you think of this interpretation from the 1830's by a prominent well respected U. S. Judge?

It is declared, that "congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," which seems to prohibit any laws, which shall recognize, found, confirm, or patronize any particular religion, or form of religion, whether permanent or temporary, whether already existing, or to arise in future. In this clause, establishment seems equivalent in meaning to settlement, recognition, or support.​

What do you think of this interpretation from the 1830's by a prominent well respected U. S. Judge?

It is declared, that "congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," which seems to prohibit any laws, which shall recognize, found, confirm, or patronize any particular religion, or form of religion, whether permanent or temporary, whether already existing, or to arise in future. In this clause, establishment seems equivalent in meaning to settlement, recognition, or support.​

I think the fact that people quibble over trivial details such as a nativity scene in the public square or In God We Trust on money proves that the issue is largely settled...

...and thank GOD for that. :lol:

warring-against-god-human-rights-activist-and-journalist tried under sharia law

Iranian authorities are seeking a potential death sentence for a human rights activist and journalist, Shiva Nazar-Ahari, 26, for the crime of “warring against God.” Since the regime views itself as the expression of Allah’s will on Earth, Sharia law allows virtually any opposition to the government to constitute “warring against God” in the twisted logic of the Iranian regime.

She is simply charged with “Moharebeh (warring against God), conspiring and gathering to commit a crime, propaganda against the regime and harming public order.”

Nazar-Ahari was first arrested shortly after Iran’s heavily contested June 2009 presidential election. She was then re-arrested in December while on her way to the religious city of Qom for the funeral of dissident cleric Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri.

Despite efforts in the United States to lower the wall of separation, Iran continues to give the world a continuing lesson in the perils of intermingling faith and government.

Warring Against God: Human Rights Activist and Journalist Tried Under Sharia Law JONATHAN TURLEY

Do you feel the same about separation of church and state in Isreal?

warring-against-god-human-rights-activist-and-journalist tried under sharia law

Iranian authorities are seeking a potential death sentence for a human rights activist and journalist, Shiva Nazar-Ahari, 26, for the crime of “warring against God.” Since the regime views itself as the expression of Allah’s will on Earth, Sharia law allows virtually any opposition to the government to constitute “warring against God” in the twisted logic of the Iranian regime.

She is simply charged with “Moharebeh (warring against God), conspiring and gathering to commit a crime, propaganda against the regime and harming public order.”

Nazar-Ahari was first arrested shortly after Iran’s heavily contested June 2009 presidential election. She was then re-arrested in December while on her way to the religious city of Qom for the funeral of dissident cleric Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri.

Despite efforts in the United States to lower the wall of separation, Iran continues to give the world a continuing lesson in the perils of intermingling faith and government.

Warring Against God: Human Rights Activist and Journalist Tried Under Sharia Law JONATHAN TURLEY

Do you feel the same about separation of church and state in Isreal?

You do realize people are free to worship as they wish In Israel right.

Or do you just assume you have to be Jewish?

Forum List

Back