Zone1 What "progressive" policies have turned out well in the past 50 years?

I wonder if you would be so kind as to name and define all of the damages the policies enacted by only democrats without any across the aisle assistance give or take have actually done to the majority of US citizens in America verses the good, they have done. Please be specific and detailed and fact based because I truly would like to know the facts on those numbers.
This is what Dems do: send their opponent off with a big homework assignment. If you doubt that Dem policies of late have caused a big decline in this country, and need examples, there’s no hope for you.

C’mon, Trump!

This is what Dems do: send their opponent off with a big homework assignment. If you doubt that Dem policies of late have caused a big decline in this country, and need examples, there’s no hope for you.

C’mon, Trump!
What big decline lisa?

Lies by a president I will give you.

On August 14, 1935, the United States introduced Social Security, a program funded by deductions from Americans' paychecks on a weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly basis. This initiative quickly became crucial to the country's economic stability. Over the years, the reliance on the revenue generated by Social Security has grown to such an extent that its absence would result in significant and disastrous economic repercussions. Despite its substantial payouts, Social Security is a key income source that supports the nation's financial health regularly. Although it may be a subject of contention between Republicans and Democrats, with intense debates and disagreements, the reality is that Social Security is indispensable. Eliminating it would not only be economically unfeasible but also irrational, as it would sever a vital financial artery for the U.S. government and potentially create a collapsed nation.
You are confused about this. Social Security is and has always been a dumb idea.

Imagine somebody being so damn sorry that they would like for a stupid corrupt government bureaucrat to managing their retirement fund. Not only that but the stupid program won't even give your heirs any of the money that the filthy ass government made you contribute if you die before getting it back.

In places like Galveston Texas where county workers were allowed to opt out their retirement was more than twice than that of what they would have got with SS.

The fucking corrupt government doesn't even have a SS Trust Fund anymore. It all goes into the general fund where it is used to provide welfare for Illegals, fund stupid Environmental Wackos projects like EV subsidies and given to foreign countries like Israel and Ukraine. Hell, some of that money is even used to subsidize transsexual sex change operations.

We need to phase the program out. The government fucks up everything it touches and SS is no except. If you are too damn sorry as to provide for your own retirement then you are just too damn sorry.

except SS is a failure and only exist because they steal money from other programs to keep it afloat,,
I wrote a report on this very thing. It goes like this:

Impact of the Disappearance of Social Security Funds on the U.S. Government and Economy

Executive Summary

The sudden disappearance of Social Security funds poses a grave threat to the U.S. economic structure and government's fiscal stability. This report examines the potential impacts of such an event across various sectors, including the economy, social welfare, defense, healthcare, and international commitments.

Background
Social Security is a fundamental component of the United States' social safety net, funded primarily through payroll taxes. It provides financial assistance to retirees, disabled individuals, and survivors of deceased workers. In 2022, the program collected approximately $1.3 trillion in total income, primarily from payroll taxes, and paid out about $1.2 trillion in benefits.

Potential Impacts

Economic and Fiscal Stability

Revenue Loss: The immediate loss of payroll tax revenue would create a significant shortfall in the federal budget, requiring increased borrowing, higher taxes, or spending cuts elsewhere.
Increased Demand on Other Social Programs: The absence of Social Security benefits would lead to increased demand for other welfare programs, straining both federal and state budgets.
Consumer Spending: A decrease in consumer spending due to the loss of income for millions would negatively impact the economy, potentially leading to a recession.

Sector-Specific Impacts

Military and Defense: Potential reallocation of funds could affect military readiness and international obligations.
Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid): Increased pressure on healthcare programs due to the loss of integrated Social Security benefits, potentially leading to budgetary constraints.
Space Programs: Non-essential programs like space exploration could face budget cuts.
Immigration Services: Reduced funding could affect processing times and border security.
Foreign Affairs and NATO: The U.S.'s ability to meet international commitments, including NATO defense spending and foreign aid, could be compromised.
Climate Change Initiatives: Funding for efforts to combat climate change could be reduced.
UN Assistance: Financial contributions to the United Nations for peacekeeping and humanitarian aid could decrease.
Long-Term Challenges
Public Confidence: The disappearance of Social Security could undermine public confidence in the government's ability to provide financial security, leading to social unrest.
Policy Response and Reform: Addressing the void left by Social Security would require substantial policy innovation and potentially significant changes to the social safety net.

Conclusion
The sudden disappearance of Social Security funds would not only create immediate financial hardship for millions of Americans but also challenge the overall structural integrity of the entire U.S. economy and the government's fiscal system. The ripple effects would extend across all sectors of government activity, from defense and healthcare to environmental and foreign aid commitments. Addressing such a scenario would require a concerted effort from all levels of government, significant policy reform, and likely a reevaluation of the social contract in the United States and even then, there would be no guarantee the US would come out of it in one piece.

You are confused about this. Social Security is and has always been a dumb idea.

Imagine somebody being so damn sorry that they would like for a stupid corrupt government bureaucrat to managing their retirement fund. Not only that but the stupid program won't even give your heirs any of the money that the filthy ass government made you contribute if you die before getting it back.

In places like Galveston Texas where county workers were allowed to opt out their retirement was more than twice than that of what they would have got with SS.

The fucking corrupt government doesn't even have a SS Trust Fund anymore. It all goes into the general fund where it is used to provide welfare for Illegals, fund stupid Environmental Wackos projects like EV subsidies and given to foreign countries like Israel and Ukraine. Hell, some of that money is even used to subsidize transsexual sex change operations.

We need to phase the program out. The government fucks up everything it touches and SS is no except. If you are too damn sorry as to provide for your own retirement then you are just too damn sorry.
Go right ahead and run on that fuckup.

BTW SS wasn't supposed to be an investment plan, but a social safety net.

I wrote a report on this very thing. It goes like this:

Impact of the Disappearance of Social Security Funds on the U.S. Government and Economy

Executive Summary

The sudden disappearance of Social Security funds poses a grave threat to the U.S. economic structure and government's fiscal stability. This report examines the potential impacts of such an event across various sectors, including the economy, social welfare, defense, healthcare, and international commitments.

Background
Social Security is a fundamental component of the United States' social safety net, funded primarily through payroll taxes. It provides financial assistance to retirees, disabled individuals, and survivors of deceased workers. In 2022, the program collected approximately $1.3 trillion in total income, primarily from payroll taxes, and paid out about $1.2 trillion in benefits.

Potential Impacts

Economic and Fiscal Stability

Revenue Loss: The immediate loss of payroll tax revenue would create a significant shortfall in the federal budget, requiring increased borrowing, higher taxes, or spending cuts elsewhere.
Increased Demand on Other Social Programs: The absence of Social Security benefits would lead to increased demand for other welfare programs, straining both federal and state budgets.
Consumer Spending: A decrease in consumer spending due to the loss of income for millions would negatively impact the economy, potentially leading to a recession.

Sector-Specific Impacts

Military and Defense: Potential reallocation of funds could affect military readiness and international obligations.
Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid): Increased pressure on healthcare programs due to the loss of integrated Social Security benefits, potentially leading to budgetary constraints.
Space Programs: Non-essential programs like space exploration could face budget cuts.
Immigration Services: Reduced funding could affect processing times and border security.
Foreign Affairs and NATO: The U.S.'s ability to meet international commitments, including NATO defense spending and foreign aid, could be compromised.
Climate Change Initiatives: Funding for efforts to combat climate change could be reduced.
UN Assistance: Financial contributions to the United Nations for peacekeeping and humanitarian aid could decrease.
Long-Term Challenges
Public Confidence: The disappearance of Social Security could undermine public confidence in the government's ability to provide financial security, leading to social unrest.
Policy Response and Reform: Addressing the void left by Social Security would require substantial policy innovation and potentially significant changes to the social safety net.

Conclusion
The sudden disappearance of Social Security funds would not only create immediate financial hardship for millions of Americans but also challenge the overall structural integrity of the entire U.S. economy and the government's fiscal system. The ripple effects would extend across all sectors of government activity, from defense and healthcare to environmental and foreign aid commitments. Addressing such a scenario would require a concerted effort from all levels of government, significant policy reform, and likely a reevaluation of the social contract in the United States and even then, there would be no guarantee the US would come out of it in one piece.
and who exactly are you that I should care about a report you wrote??

It is not a matter of who writes a report but does what it displays to the reader ring true and factual and if so then it is useful as information for education. The author and the writer are insignificant. Only the information is paramount.
it goes to the credibility and competency of whether its a waste of time to read it,,

I am privy to the progressive tactic of explaining things to the point people just surrender and say OK as long as you promise not to explain it anymore,,

yu have your opinion I have mine,,,

would you consider not making it mandatory and allowing people to opt out??

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010, or Obamacare is one, which expanded Medicaid and introduced protections for people with preexisting conditions, significantly lowering the uninsured rate in the U.S. The ACA highlights the country's dedication to health as a basic right and has grown exponentially since being placed into law.

In environmental policy, the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990 have made considerable strides by addressing acid rain, urban air pollution, and toxic emissions, thereby improving air quality nationwide. This legislation emphasizes the importance of environmental health to public wellbeing.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 also marks a move towards inclusivity, improving access and rights for disabled Americans and recognizing disability rights as civil rights, contributing to a more inclusive society.
Have you compared the real costs of these programs against their hypothetical benefits?

it goes to the credibility and competency of whether its a waste of time to read it,,
I value information immensely and whether it comes from the Associated Press the President of the United States or Einstein I am going to research it and investigate it. Never take what a report or anyone tells you for fact or as truth until you have tested it. I don't expect you or anyone to trust what I say but I do expect you to look into it before criticizing it and if I am without fault and what I say is true then fine and if not, I appreciate it if you would tell me of my inaccuracies. So, bottom line look it up. But don't tell me it is all wrong and a waste of time until you have crossed your T's and dotted your I's and know for a fact it is a waste of time.

I value information immensely and whether it comes from the Associated Press the President of the United States or Einstein I am going to research it and investigate it. Never take what a report or anyone tells you for fact or as truth until you have tested it. I don't expect you or anyone to trust what I say but I do expect you to look into it before criticizing it and if I am without fault and what I say is true then fine and if not, I appreciate it if you would tell me of my inaccuracies. So, bottom line look it up. But don't tell me it is all wrong and a waste of time until you have crossed your T's and dotted your I's and know for a fact it is a waste of time.
would you consider making it by choice and allowing people to opt out??

Social Security has worked out better than expected but has its downside and is unsustainable long term as it is. Medicare has its upsides but more downside that upside in my opinion. I don't have a huge problem with Bush 41's mandate to accommodate the handicapped. Public schools as opposed to those established via social contract worked pretty well for many decades but progressivism has now made that a questionable experience for children.

Pretty much everything that was once the purview of the private sector as the Founders intended, but that the government has meddled in--education, healthcare, etc.--has become less efficient, less effective, far more expensive and too often entitlement. And that has pretty much been entirely due to progressivism.
very well said

Whenever right wingers all get together and pay back the Feds for all the bailouts their banks and companies have received almost from the Founding to the present I'll take their sniveling seriously, same for advocating doing away with their limited liability freebies and bankruptcy protections for their bad business decisions and stock purchases and futures gambling and the like. Until then we know they're full of shit re 'free markets' and 'taking personal responsibility n stuff'.

Re Social Security it's always noteworthy how the govt. always finds money for corporate welfare freebies, welfare freebies for illegal aliens, etc. but suddenly it's 'Social Security is failing n stuff'.

Rubbish.

Last edited:
I was trying to think of a "progressive" policy that has worked out well during the past 50 years, but I couldn't come up with any. Can you?

Applicably speaking, progressivism has historically ben regressive.

In my view anyway...

Forum List

Back