What pays for this place?

Because "the" administrator (there is only one) on this board has a job?

Why are you trying to make this out to be conspiratorial? Have you been asked for money? No. So who cares? The owner pays for the board. I don't know the specific mechanics to it, and have no desire to.

I'm sure you can link to vbulletin and find out. It isn't a secret as far as I know.

I was just curious to know how it was paid for since there were no ads. I was under the impression that using so much bandwith was expensive but I see that you can get plans with unlimited bandwith for about forty bucks.

No, but you WILL receive return fire in kind. From my POV, there is no difference between an unpleasant person and someone trying to stir up shit thinking this board should cater to their sensitivities. BOTH need babysitting.

Oh please! Talk about sensitive! All I said was that if Amy wants to attract new members, it might be helpful if certain old timers, ie, Kathianne and Shattered would hold off on their spiteful jabs till new members settled in and learned how this place works.

Oh please! Talk about sensitive! All I said was that if Amy wants to attract new members, it might be helpful if certain old timers, ie, Kathianne, would hold off on their spiteful jabs till new members settled in and learned how this place works.

And I think Gunny's point was that if you have an issue with Kathianne, you and she are grown women and can certainly handle it between you unless there's something going on that requires one to reports posts or stalking, etc.

Just to state the obvious, not everyone gets along in real life and not everyone gets along in cyber life.

I'd say that for the most part new folk get a pretty good welcome here. We tend to be very pleased when new people come in and add their own stuff to the mix. You've been treated well. Yes?

And besides, we all have our moments. ;)

Oh please! Talk about sensitive! All I said was that if Amy wants to attract new members, it might be helpful if certain old timers, ie, Kathianne and Shattered would hold off on their spiteful jabs till new members settled in and learned how this place works.

I agree for someone new to the give and take of debate. We always said in my family we were equal opportunity loud mouths, we picked on everyone. If anyone heard us and did not know us they would think holy mackerel what bad people. lol I do find it odd sometimes how mad people get and then resort to name calling and pouting.

And I think Gunny's point was that if you have an issue with Kathianne, you and she are grown women and can certainly handle it between you unless there's something going on that requires one to reports posts or stalking, etc.

Just to state the obvious, not everyone gets along in real life and not everyone gets along in cyber life.

I'd say that for the most part new folk get a pretty good welcome here. We tend to be very pleased when new people come in and add their own stuff to the mix. You've been treated well. Yes?

And besides, we all have our moments. ;)

You've been very welcoming jillian and I appreciate that.

I have no gripes with Kathianne or Shattered. I'm just being mischievous with a couple of posters who've made it clear they don't like me.

I have no gripes with Kathianne or Shattered. I'm just being mischievous with a couple of posters who've made it clear they don't like me.

Fair enough.

And like I said, not everyone's going to get along with everyone else. ;)

Just remember, if you're going to be mischievous, there will always be people willing to give it back double. :eusa_whistle:

And of course, you think you have not given whoever this "couple of posters" is any reason?

I'm by no means being sensitive. I was making a point. Nothing more to it than that.

IMO, most new members ARE left alone by the regulars here until they see where that new member is coming from. Unless that new member chooses to instigate something.

Oh, please.. If you didn't alternate between sheer stupidity, and screeching like a banshee, you might get a more "homey" welcome.

Until then, grow a spine, cause if you think *I'VE* been mean and spiteful, you obviously haven't seen me ticked off. :)

IMO, most new members ARE left alone by the regulars here until they see where that new member is coming from. Unless that new member chooses to instigate something.

Yeah, when I first got here I found this place wanting for a little instigation. And it just so happens...

:D

Forum List

Back