What pays for this place?

She posted, why are you so lazy as to not look before asking?

What are you trying to say, Kathianne? That the owner of this message board posted in this thread? I do not see anyone in this thread introducing themselves as the owner of this board.

What are you trying to say, Kathianne? That the owner of this message board posted in this thread? I do not see anyone in this thread introducing themselves as the owner of this board.

In the forum. Again, get to it.

Why do I picture you with a 'nails on chalkboard' voice?

Her name is Amy. She doesn't post much on boards. Not her thing. Owning them is.

I'll probably lighten up as soon as I know what the big deal is about who pays for the board and who owns it.

Thanks for answering my question. There is no big deal about knowing who pays for the board and who owns it. Just curiosity. No need to get all bent out of shape because a few of us wanted to know.

But this being the internet where contrary to popular belief, no one is truly anonymous, it might be in a person's best interest to know they can feel safe visiting a site they post on regularly. The few other boards I've posted on clearly stated who owned the sites.

Thanks for answering my question. There is no big deal about knowing who pays for the board and who owns it. Just curiosity. No need to get all bent out of shape because a few of us wanted to know.

But this being the internet where contrary to popular belief, no one is truly anonymous, it might be in a person's best interest to know they can feel safe visiting a site they post on regularly.

I'm not bent out of shape. You might think I'm overreacting, but I am just being cautious.

While you might think it is in a person's best interest to know they can feel safe visiting a site they post on regularly ... the person directly responsible for that site finds it in his and the board's best interest to know he can feel safe about those persons posting on the site.

Fair enough?

I'm not bent out of shape. You might think I'm overreacting, but I am just being cautious.

While you might think it is in a person's best interest to know they can feel safe visiting a site they post on regularly ... the person directly responsible for that site finds it in his and the board's best interest to know he can feel safe about those persons posting on the site.

Fair enough?

Sounds reasonable. BTW In the other thread, Amy lists herself as an administrator as well so I guess you aren't the only one after all.

Sounds reasonable. BTW In the other thread, Amy lists herself as an administrator as well so I guess you aren't the only one after all.

Amy is the owner. The owner is an Admin by default.

Of course she does. It's the highest permissions setting on the board. She actually has more permissions than that as the owner though.

You realize this lady is trying to stir crap right? She is in the other thread suggesting the owner "talk" to the old timers about their manners.

You realize this lady is trying to stir crap right? She is in the other thread suggesting the owner "talk" to the old timers about their manners.

LOL! Tattletale! I suppose I will be banned now for speaking up.

Anyone calling way over the top, those speaking are clueless?

LOL! Tattletale! I suppose I will be banned now for speaking up.

No, but you WILL receive return fire in kind. From my POV, there is no difference between an unpleasant person and someone trying to stir up shit thinking this board should cater to their sensitivities. BOTH need babysitting.

Forum List

Back