What no looting?

...and don't even take into account that it was the most successful evacuation ever.

Nuh-uh. No way, no how.

I lived through hurricanes on the Gulf Coast. Opal and Ivan had better and more orderly evacuations (even if there were snafus on those too).

Heck, I think Andrew had better evacuation procedures, although I am not as familiar with that disaster.
82% of residents of Orleans Parish evacuated. Surrounding parishes evacuated at close to that rate or more...that is a very good rate considering the levees were supposed to protect them.

Not too many people, except those along the beach, evacuated during Andrew...and it turned out they didn't need to evacuate as there was no tidal surge. Most damage was inland...where no evacuation was ordered.

You take a racially homogenous people with a centuries-old civilization and IQ's high enough to produce some of the world's most advanced technology, and that's what you get.

Take a country filled with third-world garbage and blacks with IQ's just above "mentally retarded", and this is what you get:

images

So, before anyone flips out, I humbly ask:

Am I being racist or truthful?
How do you know he's looting...because he's black?

Looks to me like he's just moving his stash to a safer place....:doubt:

And nobody talks about Lafourche.

Guess what?

They rebuilt, and moved on too.

I wonder why L-9 is still dead?

Huggy, Jake, CG, and Ravi.....they're still rebuilding in L-9 (in fact, they're really just getting started), and they could sure use your help.

Or you can continue to sit on your asses and keep throwing barbs at me, white folk, and Bush.

That will help them a lot too, I'm sure!

Read the following carefully:

I have not made any comments about NO. I throw barbs at you because you're an ass. You keep misrepresenting me and I'll keep slapping you.... because you don't have the backbone to say you got it wrong.

Loser.

You take a racially homogenous people with a centuries-old civilization and IQ's high enough to produce some of the world's most advanced technology, and that's what you get.

Take a country filled with third-world garbage and blacks with IQ's just above "mentally retarded", and this is what you get:

images

So, before anyone flips out, I humbly ask:

Am I being racist or truthful?

White people find, black people loot

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

The Japanese have always been an orderly society.

Guess what?

Huggy, Jake, CG, and Ravi.....they're still rebuilding in L-9 (in fact, they're really just getting started), and they could sure use your help.

Or you can continue to sit on your asses and keep throwing barbs at me, white folk, and Bush.

I have not made any comments about NO. I throw barbs at you because you're an ass. You keep misrepresenting me and I'll keep slapping you.... because you don't have the backbone to say you got it wrong.

Loser.

The people of New Orleans thank you for your kind, and heartfelt contribution. Your display of arrogance and pomposity will go far in helping to rebuild this still-ravaged community. It is at times like this, when we see one so freely and willingly giving of her holier-than-thou narcissism, that we are reminded of what it is that makes America "The Land of the Free." The compassion, the brotherhood, the perspective, the sacrifice....God Bless the USA.

On behalf of the People of New Orleans, and particularly those of the Lower Ninth Ward, I wish you "Bon Chance," CG and thank you for your wonderful generosity.

May the gris-gris forever fly from your cold, still, arrogant heart!

White people find, black people loot

I didn't say that white people don't loot. If my family was going hungry you're damn right I would steal food to feed them. Would I steal beer, a flat screen, the latest fashion? NO

People keep claiming that there were just a "few" looters and the media exaggerated it. However, Wal-Mart is a huge store...To wipe out these stores of merchandise require more than a "few" looters.

"The looting is out of control. The French Quarter has been attacked," City Councilwoman Jackie Clarkson said. "We're using exhausted, scarce police to control looting when they should be used for search and rescue while we still have people on rooftops."

The NO police would not have been given an order to shoot looters had it just been a few people stealing food for their families.

Guess what?

Loser.

The people of New Orleans thank you for your kind, and heartfelt contribution. Your display of arrogance and pomposity will go far in helping to rebuild this still-ravaged community. It is at times like this, when we see one so freely and willingly giving of her holier-than-thou narcissism, that we are reminded of what it is that makes America "The Land of the Free." The compassion, the brotherhood, the perspective, the sacrifice....God Bless the USA.

On behalf of the People of New Orleans, and particularly those of the Lower Ninth Ward, I wish you "Bon Chance," CG and thank you for your wonderful generosity.

May the gris-gris forever fly from your cold, still, arrogant heart!

So, pointing out that you fucked up by accusing me of saying something I did not say is a 'display of arrogance and pomposity'? How odd. It seems to me like you just don't have the backbone to say you fucked up and apologize. And you call me arrogant? If I fuck up, I say sorry. You don't. Which one of us is arrogant? Stupid boy.

So, pointing out that you fucked up by accusing me of saying something I did not say is a 'display of arrogance and pomposity'? How odd. It seems to me like you just don't have the backbone to say you fucked up and apologize. And you call me arrogant? If I fuck up, I say sorry. You don't. Which one of us is arrogant? Stupid boy.

Don't let up CG. "Being right" in an Internet war will do more for them than any $10 bill.

You're an inspiration to us all!

A testament to human decency, compassion and reason.

Truly, we are not worthy.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

The Japanese have always been an orderly society.
Using the military to keep order and having armed guards in front of grocery stores probably also helps.

Don't let up CG. "Being right" in an Internet war will do more for them than any $10 bill.

You're an inspiration to us all!

A testament to human decency, compassion and reason.

Truly, we are not worthy.

It's not about me being 'right', little man. It is about you not having the backbone to say you got it wrong. Two entirely different things.

Idiot.

Using the military to keep order and having armed guards in front of grocery stores probably also helps.

Don't discount the lack of white folk, Ravi.

We all know that is the biggest reason.

It's not about me being 'right', little man.

Yes, I think we all realized that somewhere between your 22nd, and 23rd off-topic post in this thread alone........or maybe it was right after the 17th personal insult?

I don't know....

I need a fucking score card.

Yes, I think we all realized that somewhere between your 22nd, and 23rd off-topic post in this thread alone........or maybe it was right after the 17th personal insult?

I don't know....

How interesting that you snip such a short post. Is that because the deleted part was a tad to close to the truth for you to deal with?

Idiot.

I don't know....

How interesting that you snip such a short post. Is that because the deleted part was a tad to close to the truth for you to deal with?

Idiot.

No....it was because I had no comment on the part I didn't include. (Official Scorers should now record the "Personal Insult" count at 10, play on).

I think we're all just really thankful the OP got the post in the right forum, so we didn't have to be subjected to another of your 9 post OCD tirades about "What the fuck does this have to do with {insert forumname here}.......little man? mmmmmk?????You moron! You idiot! I SAY WHAT I MEAN!!!! SCAN THE FUCKING FORUMS!!!!" {spittle flies}

What no looting?

Not if you understand the difference between Japan's social contract and ours, no.

And FWIW, it is a mistake, I think, to assume that a nature disaster is going to lead to looting and anarchy everyplace in the USA, too.
True. Last year when Fargo was flooded out horribly, there was no looting and rioting. No, the whole city was focused on trying to save itself with sand bags and too busy to riot and loot.

This year, which is going to be a Lulu! they started bagging back in January, and storing them on pallets.

So, what does that say about majority black populations in poverty... since we feel the need to whip out the race card, let's kick this pig the right way an see where she runs. New Orleans, Haiti, LA (Rodney King Riots)... Is there a cultural or racial component to this? If so, why?

My observation is not about the government. Its about the people.

They have a very honest culture.

They also have a very honorable culture. You screw up over there and you dishonor your family, your ancestors, your country, and you get disowned.
There are two American movies that can kinda get this idea across that actually have been considered by the Japanese to be quite excellent looks into their culture: Black Rain and Rising Sun.

Not so much the crime/violence aspect. That's hollywood for you. But the between scenes where you get a feeling for the people. I have a lot of respect for their society. They've come a long LONG way in the last 100 years when you consider that it wasn't till Admiral Perry sailed into Tokyo and threatened to shell Kyoto Palace if they didn't open up, plus Emperor Meiji pushing his subjects to modernize. Even Emperor Hirohito and his very pro-America position following WW2... the transformation into a first world power is amazing considering the amount of suffering we heaped on them during the war, and then amazed them with how much we invested in them to make them whole again.

They are, culturally, an outstanding people, regardless of their foibles.

Oh, and Lost in Translation is a very curious but revealing movie too. I know, these are filtered through western perceptions, but it gives a minor sense of who they are. Otherwise, go watch their cinema! It's pretty darn good too.

Forum List

Back