What no looting?

There are a few reasons why the lower ninth ward hasn't bounced back. The Army Corp hasn't been able to certify that the levee is safe...the people that lived there didn't have flood insurance to rebuild...nor the ability to afford to stand by while their homes were rebuilt...or jobs to return to. Face it, affluent neighborhoods come back faster, that is just a fact of life.

Just like people in affluent neighborhoods can afford to leave town when disaster looms.

And even then, people that have been told to evacuate over and over get weary of leaving when it turns out nothing happens. Then there are those that think it is better to stay and protect their homes. And those that have no where to go.

None of this has anything to do with the FACT that there was no widespread looting...even among the poorest of poor.

Fact is, NONE OF THEM WERE THERE.

They don't have a fuckin' clue.

They're monday morning quarterbacks who have fully proven themselves to be, many times up here, the dumbest posters on the board.....Save for Huggy....At least he had class enough to secede a point.

Huggy and I probably can't agree on the time of day.

But he's always struck me as realistic and open to debate.

The others are just posing and playing partisan games to score points with their buddies.

Ravi is a rabid racist, CG is a pompous bitch, and Jake is a moronic bigot.

But Huggy is just an asshole, like me :)
LOL! I'm a rabid racist and yet you see a black man with a beer and believe he is a criminal simply because he is black.

What a fraud you are.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

It really is. Reminds me of Katrina. I went to school in Louisiana and lived there a few years. I got many first-hand reports from friends and acquaintances after Katrina and was amazed at the differences between what actually happened and what you saw on the news. So many Americans have entitlement mentality and believe they should get everything for free. They wouldn't know about hard-work or right and wrong if it bit them in the butt, so they loot. But America continues to pump out these 'victims' everyday. The real criminals in this country are the ones who use these 'victims' for their own political gain in the name of compassion. These people can go to Hell.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

It really is. Reminds me of Katrina. I went to school in Louisiana and lived there a few years. I got many first-hand reports from friends and acquaintances after Katrina and was amazed at the differences between what actually happened and what you saw on the news. So many Americans have entitlement mentality and believe they should get everything for free. They wouldn't know about hard-work or right and wrong if it bit them in the butt, so they loot. But America continues to pump out these 'victims' everyday. The real criminals in this country are the ones who use these 'victims' for their own political gain in the name of compassion. These people can go to Hell.
Oh, my...you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

They're monday morning quarterbacks who have fully proven themselves to be, many times up here, the dumbest posters on the board.....Save for Huggy....At least he had class enough to secede a point.

The others are just posing and playing partisan games to score points with their buddies.

LOL! I'm a rabid racist and yet you see a black man with a beer and believe he is a criminal simply because he is black.

What a fraud you are.

When did I say that?

You've got me confused with someone else Ravi. I didn't post the picture. I only commented on the guy because we were there when he was wading through. The CNN crew tried to interview him, but he said he was in a hurry. He was the one who said "I got here too late! They already got the good shit, but I got the beer!" We all laughed our asses off, and asked him for one. He wouldn't share. I don't blame him. It is probably the most famous photo post-Katrina, and the guy is pretty remarkable.

And pretty funny too. He had people laughing in the middle of all of that. Seems I remember CNN doing a follow-up with him a year later, but I never saw it.

I laugh at these fools.......I started my Culinary career in N'awlins, at Commanders Palace and Emeril's in the the early 90's...Lived in a lil' flat overlooking Bourbon in the FQ....They are clueless as to the lay of the land, and what could have, should have been done.

Fact is, there are two primarily to blame for what went on, the Gov and Mayor......Blaming Bush is laughable. The communication between the Governor and Mayor was ridiculous....Their communication with Washington was tragic.

Bottom line, and my state is the perfect example, because we've got the best disaster response in the country, is that communication and coordination is the key......Louisiana's response was nothing but failures on every level.

Anybody who thinks otherwise, is a fuckin' idiot!

I laugh at these fools.......I started my Culinary career in N'awlins, at Commanders Palace and Emeril's in the the early 90's...Lived in a lil' flat overlooking Bourbon in the FQ....They are clueless as to the lay of the land, and what could have, should have been done.

Fact is, there are two primarily to blame for what went on, the Gov and Mayor......Blaming Bush is laughable. The communication between the Governor and Mayor was ridiculous....Their communication with Washington was tragic.

Bottom line, and my state is the perfect example, because we've got the best disaster response in the country, is that communication and coordination is the key......Louisiana's response was nothing but failures on every level.

Ahh Commander's Palace!

Quite possibly one of the top 5 restaurants in the world. Creme Brulee is to die for!!! And I've NEVER gotten out of there for under $500, but it is worth every penny! If you cut your teeth there, you are undoubtedly doing VERY well today!

My only experience with Emeril's was in Vegas....and it wasn't good :( But I didn't hold that to the true original, especially being in Vegas, but I got violently ill. I broke my cardinal rule, and ordered scallops in a State with no coastline :)

And you're dead-on about Nagin and Blanco. Completely incompetent, borderline fraudulent, and definitely negligent. I don't give Bush a total pass though, the repsonse should have been quicker, and more firm.

Incidentally, that guy with the beer....we saw him on St. Charles, but I think the picture was actually taken on Bourbon, from the Balcony of the Royal Orleans. He told us he was just going to walk around the Quarter until the police picked him up, or the beer was all gone.

We told him to enjoy the beer, because the police weren't coming this week :)

What no looting?

Manifold was right: You are a Master Troller! Some of your best troll work is contained within this thread. From diversionary tactics to projections to inflammatory rhetoric, you've got it all. Hats off to you. :thup:

What a fraud you are.
Jebus! Who lit the fuse on YOUR tampon today?

That's on Canal Street.

They were hitting the Quarter early on, but they quickly realized all they were getting there was liquor, souvenirs, and store fixtures. They kept hitting it until all the liquor was gone....nobody gave a shit about the souvenirs once the t-shirts were gone.

We were in the Quarter about 4 days after landfall. There were 2-300 people wandering the streets, peeking in doors and broken windows. We would turn our cameras off if we were on street level, as they tended to get a little worked up if they thought they could be identified on film.

I walked past a group of guys trying to decide whether or not to bust into one of the last souvenir storefronts that had somehow made it through. They tried to intimidate me by telling me they would "kick a white boy's ass" if I filmed them. I showed them the 1911, then said...."hang on guys.....What are you doing here? Do you really need Quarter souvenirs and beads? You need to be on Canal before its all gone."

They actually thanked me as they headed off towards Canal! :lol:

A year later, we were back in the Quarter shooting some follow up. It was business as usual. I found the souvenir shop (on Dauphine, I think?) and went in to tell the owner the story. He told me he got hit anyway, and lost about 35K in inventory, but his insurance had paid him.

He gave me a free t-shirt :)

See...this is what I'm saying. You, like Miniboy, blame the mayor and the governor and not human nature...and don't even take into account that it was the most successful evacuation ever.

The two of you together would never survive a broken nail, let alone a hurricane.

Manifold was right: You are a Master Troller! Some of your best troll work is contained within this thread. From diversionary tactics to projections to inflammatory rhetoric, you've got it all. Hats off to you. :thup:
You're slipping, little boy. You haven't once in this thread told us how some of your best friends are black, gay, or Jewish.

See...this is what I'm saying. You, like Miniboy, blame the mayor and the governor and not human nature...and don't even take into account that it was the most successful evacuation ever.

The two of you together would never survive a broken nail, let alone a hurricane.

Are you fucking high?

I've been blaming human nature since my first post?!?

So we agree on that, huh?

Wow....

FINALLY!

PS.....My first hurricane was Camille. If you went through her, you know Katrina wasn't shit.

PSS.....you know I'm not white, right?

Last edited:

Are you fucking high?

Wow....

FINALLY!

PS.....My first hurricane was Camille. If you went through her, you know Katrina wasn't shit.

She don't care. Ravi Bunker (Archie's granddaughter it seems) has started drinking for St. Patty's Day a weeeeee bit early.

Are you fucking high?

Wow....

FINALLY!

Not sure what your color has to do with anything? Paranoid much?

Are you going to deny your posts about looters, Nagin and Blanco now?:lol:

You're fuckin' clueless............There was a total breakdown. THAT IS FACT!

Btw, I've survived 2 devastating earthquakes, many damaging quakes, multiple brush fires, and 3 combat tours in the middle east.

Like I said, you're fuckin' clueless, and an idiot to boot.

Fact is, post Katrina, the Gov and Mayor were abject failures.......They were like two blind chickens with their heads cut off.......That is a fact!

Not sure what your color has to do with anything? Paranoid much?

Are you going to deny your posts about looters, Nagin and Blanco now?:lol:

I've made posts about all of those subjects. How do you intend to twist them?

I need to know that before I can answer your question.

You seem to only see what you want to see, and ignore the rest. How else do you explain blaming me for "not blaming human nature" when that has been my argument from the start?

Are you going to ignore my question? (Are you high?)

Forum List

Back