What no looting?

Yes, I think we all realized that somewhere between your 22nd, and 23rd off-topic post in this thread alone........or maybe it was right after the 17th personal insult?

I don't know....

I need a fucking score card.

How interesting that you snip such a short post. Is that because the deleted part was a tad to close to the truth for you to deal with?

Idiot.

No....it was because I had no comment on the part I didn't include. (Official Scorers should now record the "Personal Insult" count at 10, play on).

I think we're all just really thankful the OP got the post in the right forum, so we didn't have to be subjected to another of your 9 post OCD tirades about "What the fuck does this have to do with {insert forumname here}.......little man? mmmmmk?????You moron! You idiot! I SAY WHAT I MEAN!!!! SCAN THE FUCKING FORUMS!!!!" {spittle flies}

I don't do "!!!!!!"s or "??????"s. Nor do I DO CAPITAL LETTERS.

Pity that you are incapable of a simple 'yep, I got that wrong'.... and prefer to deflect from your fuck up by stupid - and baseless - accusations. Moron.

Pity that you are incapable of a simple 'yep, I got that wrong'.... and prefer to deflect from your fuck up by stupid - and baseless - accusations. Moron.

Scorekeepers, do your thing.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

Not if you understand the difference between Japan's social contract and ours, no.

And FWIW, it is a mistake, I think, to assume that a nature disaster is going to lead to looting and anarchy everyplace in the USA, too.
True. Last year when Fargo was flooded out horribly, there was no looting and rioting. No, the whole city was focused on trying to save itself with sand bags and too busy to riot and loot.

This year, which is going to be a Lulu! they started bagging back in January, and storing them on pallets.

So, what does that say about majority black populations in poverty... since we feel the need to whip out the race card, let's kick this pig the right way an see where she runs. New Orleans, Haiti, LA (Rodney King Riots)... Is there a cultural or racial component to this? If so, why?

The residents of ND had something to save and protect. There was no "saving" the flooded parts of NO. Survival is not JUST leaving an area. It may include gathering resources any way possible short of doing physical harm to other people to make that exit.

What no looting?

I am watching the aftermath of the earthquake in Japan, something that has effected the entire country. Reports are coming in that the shops are closed and that people are on the roads looking for food and water.

I am amazed at the how the Japanese are responding... in comparison to how the people involved in the katrina flood responded.

They are not looting businesses or turning into whining animals.

Amazing comparison don't you think?

Indeed.

On a smaller scale, it's like comparing the Tea Parties' cleaning up after themselves with the disgusting defacement of state buildings by Union Thugs in WI.

The residents of ND had something to save and protect. There was no "saving" the flooded parts of NO. Survival is not JUST leaving an area. It may include gathering resources any way possible short of doing physical harm to other people to make that exit.

B'loney.

Despite the loss of property, the residents of NO did not have to lose their dignity and civility. They chose that course of action.

You take a racially homogenous people with a centuries-old civilization and IQ's high enough to produce some of the world's most advanced technology, and that's what you get.

Take a country filled with third-world garbage and blacks with IQ's just above "mentally retarded", and this is what you get:

images

So, before anyone flips out, I humbly ask:

Am I being racist or truthful?
How do you know he's looting...because he's black?

:lmao:

Black men dont like Heineken..... Now if those were Schlitz Malt Liquors...... :eusa_whistle:

:tomato:

(Sorry.... couldnt help myself)

I remember after Katrina, white people who took food and water from stores were "survivors", but black people who took food and water were "looters".

katrina_looting_vs_finding.jpg

Hilarious. I love the right wing. They set the table and place the bar.

They have a very honest culture.

They also have a very honorable culture. You screw up over there and you dishonor your family, your ancestors, your country, and you get disowned.
There are two American movies that can kinda get this idea across that actually have been considered by the Japanese to be quite excellent looks into their culture: Black Rain and Rising Sun.

Not so much the crime/violence aspect. That's hollywood for you. But the between scenes where you get a feeling for the people. I have a lot of respect for their society. They've come a long LONG way in the last 100 years when you consider that it wasn't till Admiral Perry sailed into Tokyo and threatened to shell Kyoto Palace if they didn't open up, plus Emperor Meiji pushing his subjects to modernize. Even Emperor Hirohito and his very pro-America position following WW2... the transformation into a first world power is amazing considering the amount of suffering we heaped on them during the war, and then amazed them with how much we invested in them to make them whole again.

They are, culturally, an outstanding people, regardless of their foibles.

Oh, and Lost in Translation is a very curious but revealing movie too. I know, these are filtered through western perceptions, but it gives a minor sense of who they are. Otherwise, go watch their cinema! It's pretty darn good too.

A couple of things I noticed watching the news about Japan. It was the behavior of the children. They were very quiet and stayed with their parents, very calm. No running around in shelters and following directions while being scanned for radiation.

The parents were engaged with the children while sitting in the shelters with hand games. The do seem to be very civil people, and I believe they wouldn't be the kind to run off looting.

No...I just didn't see any evidence of widespread looting. Certainly people that stole televisions were scummy opportunists. But those exist in all cultures.

But keep fooling yourself that Americans have more lowlifes than other countries do...

Ah, yes, the "all cultures are equal" argument.

Except, they're not.

And it's not just "America".

Look at the flooding disasters that happened in North Dakota. Any looting there? Nope. Why not?

At some point, you're just blinding yourself to reality. Races behave in predictable ways. Asians are calmer and more organized, blacks are wilder and less organized. That's just the truth. What do you get out of denying that? It just makes you feel good?

B'loney.

Despite the loss of property, the residents of NO did not have to lose their dignity and civility. They chose that course of action.

Thousands of people did not die in Fargo. The local government response was immediate there. Those people were left to fend for themselves or perish. A handful of NO residents acted selfishly. The vast majority of those people did not "choose" to strip themselves of civility. It was done to them.

Yes, the local government response in Fargo was quick and effective.

Unlike the appalling lack of response by Ray Nagin who left fleets of busses idle instead of evacuating people in an orderly fashion.

And yet, the lefties have to blame BOOOOSSSSHHHHH.

I just find it astonishing how many people would charge a drowning person with attempted manslaughter if in a panic they acted uncivilly and got their rescuer almost drowned before they were pulled from the water.

PS...It's a metaphor.

B'loney. Despite the loss of property, the residents of NO did not have to lose their dignity and civility. They chose that course of action.

You are more than your usual bullshit quotient. You have no idea of what you are talking about, far more than usual for you. Horseshit.

Yes, the local government response in Fargo was quick and effective.

Unlike the appalling lack of response by Ray Nagin who left fleets of busses idle instead of evacuating people in an orderly fashion. And yet, the lefties have to blame BOOOOSSSSHHHHH.

No equitable comparisons exist between Fargo and New Orleans. The city's ability to react was gone, because no infrastructure or supplies were left.

You, based on everything I have read from you on the Board, would have been the first to loot in NO.

Last edited:

Scorekeepers, do your thing.

Yep, no backbone. You got it wrong, you deflect by making it about me. How pathetic. You were wrong. How hard is it to say that? Spineless coward. Anyone who reads through the thread can see you fucked up. And now, they can see you are a coward. How embarrassing for you.

I remember after Katrina, white people who took food and water from stores were "survivors", but black people who took food and water were "looters".

katrina_looting_vs_finding.jpg

Hilarious. I love the right wing. They set the table and place the bar.

I guess that black dude had alot more kids to feed??? I mean come on.... look at the difference in the size of the "booty" (bag of goodies)

Seriously though... I have family from "Nawlins". Yes both races were "looting"... the ones I took exception with was the folks walking down the street with big screen TV's and shit... thats not surving... thats just plain stealing.

They also have a very honorable culture. You screw up over there and you dishonor your family, your ancestors, your country, and you get disowned.
There are two American movies that can kinda get this idea across that actually have been considered by the Japanese to be quite excellent looks into their culture: Black Rain and Rising Sun.

Not so much the crime/violence aspect. That's hollywood for you. But the between scenes where you get a feeling for the people. I have a lot of respect for their society. They've come a long LONG way in the last 100 years when you consider that it wasn't till Admiral Perry sailed into Tokyo and threatened to shell Kyoto Palace if they didn't open up, plus Emperor Meiji pushing his subjects to modernize. Even Emperor Hirohito and his very pro-America position following WW2... the transformation into a first world power is amazing considering the amount of suffering we heaped on them during the war, and then amazed them with how much we invested in them to make them whole again.

They are, culturally, an outstanding people, regardless of their foibles.

Oh, and Lost in Translation is a very curious but revealing movie too. I know, these are filtered through western perceptions, but it gives a minor sense of who they are. Otherwise, go watch their cinema! It's pretty darn good too.

A couple of things I noticed watching the news about Japan. It was the behavior of the children. They were very quiet and stayed with their parents, very calm. No running around in shelters and following directions while being scanned for radiation.

The parents were engaged with the children while sitting in the shelters with hand games. The do seem to be very civil people, and I believe they wouldn't be the kind to run off looting.

They are showing long lines for food, water, and gasoline. All orderly lines of people calmly waiting.

This is the third day and there is still no mass breakdown of order. How long did it take to break down in NO, less then a day?

They are showing long lines for food, water, and gasoline. All orderly lines of people calmly waiting.

This is the third day and there is still no mass breakdown of order. How long did it take to break down in NO, less then a day?

Hell.... they are still whining in the Big Easy!

Forum List

Back