What most of us think Benghazi is about...political expediency...an election 8 weeks later?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
To me and a lot of other people the biggest issue is why was there a jump to conclusions by Obama's administration that it wasn't a terrorist attack but a video that caused the 4 American deaths.

Benghazi Timeline
9/11/2012
About 10:00 p.m.: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issues a statement confirming that one State official was killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Her statement, which MSNBC posted at 10:32 p.m., made reference to the anti-Muslim video.

Clinton: Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.

Sept. 13: ‘Clearly Planned’ or ‘Spontaneous’ Attack?
Clinton:Unfortunately, however, over the last 24 hours, we have also seen violence spread elsewhere. Some seek to justify this behavior as a response to inflammatory, despicable material posted on the Internet. As I said earlier today, the United States rejects both the content and the message of that video.

Sept 14:
“I think it was a planned, premeditated attack,” Senate Armed Services Chairman Carl Levin (D-Mich.) said. He added he did not know the specific group responsible for the assault on the complex.

Sept. 15-16: Susan Rice Contradicts Libyan President

Sept. 15: Obama discusses the Benghazi attack in his weekly address. He makes no mention of terror, terrorists or extremists. He does talk about the anti-Muslim film and “every angry mob” that it inspired in pockets of the Middle East

But Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, tells CBS News’ Bob Schieffer: “We do not have information at present that leads us to conclude that this was premeditated or preplanned.” She says it began “spontaneously … as a reaction to what had transpired some hours earlier in Cairo,” and “extremist elements” joined in the protest.

[NOTE: Factcheck did NOT mention Rice appeared on 5 Sunday 9/16/12 network news shows to claim it was a video that caused Benghazi attack.

NOTE: No where in Factcheck.org's biased presentation was there any mention that 8 weeks later
an election was being held and that one of the major accomplishments Obama's campaign was hanging their hat on was "Terrorism is over"... i.e. "Osama is dead;GM is alive" bumper sticker.

For example this web page asks the question:

Obama Has Touted Al Qaeda’s Demise 32 Times since Benghazi Attack
By Fred Lucas | November 1, 2012 | 4:16 PM EDT

One day after the Benghazi attack that occurred on the 11th anniversary of 9/11, Obama spoke at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Sept. 12.

“A day after 9/11, we are reminded that a new tower rises above the New York skyline, but al Qaeda is on the path to defeat and bin Laden is dead,” Obama said in Las Vegas.

On Sept. 13 in Golden, Colo., Obama said, “Four years ago, I promised to end the war in Iraq -- and we did. I said we’d wind down the war in Afghanistan -- and we are. And while a new tower rises above the New York skyline, al Qaeda is on the path to defeat, and Osama bin Laden is dead.” He repeated that line again on Sept. 17 in Cincinnati and again that day in Columbus, Ohio.

The next day at a fundraising event at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York, Obama brought up the first 9/11 and used “decimated,” indicating past tense.
Obama Has Touted Al Qaeda’s Demise 32 Times since Benghazi Attack

So to me and others it was a classic illustration of Obama's making decisions based on politics rather then what was best for the country.
Obama could NOT admit 8 weeks before the election that the War on Terror was not over and he could NOT let a planned "terrorist" attack be the cause of Benghazi but that the position of Obama as touted by Rice on 5 network shows, by Hillary that it wasn't a failure of Obama but caused by
" a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet."

Yup that's all its about to me, they blamed it on a stupid video and Rice went on news show after news show to say it was all about a Gawd damn video...

Right before an election, then during the 3rd debate the moderator lied and helped obama right in front of a national audience.

What can be done if 4 American deaths were caused because of "campaign rhetoric" didn't allow 8 weeks before an election that "terrorists" caused Benghazi?
How many people would have NOT voted for Obama if they had a different perception of Obama's efforts to protect Americans?

Hillary and Obama LIED about Bengazzi trying to blame it on some video that was the first big red flag that went up. That our ambassador had requested more security and didn't get it is another red flag, I want to know why? Now we see in email Hillary and Obama had an opportunity early on to avoid the violence altogether and intentionally ignored it, why?

These two idiots neither of them with any foreign policy experience made a mess out of things and our people got killed, there should be some accountability or at least an analysis so that we avoid making the same mistakes again.

That's Bengazzi.

Hillary and Obama LIED about Bengazzi trying to blame it on some video that was the first big red flag that went up. That our ambassador had requested more security and didn't get it is another red flag, I want to know why? Now we see in email Hillary and Obama had an opportunity early on to avoid the violence altogether and intentionally ignored it, why?

These two idiots neither of them with any foreign policy experience made a mess out of things and our people got killed, there should be some accountability or at least an analysis so that we avoid making the same mistakes again.

That's Bengazzi.

No question incompetency at play here! What is also so foul is political agenda trumped American lives!

That's Bengazzi.

No question incompetency at play here! What is also so foul is political agenda trumped American lives!

I agree. HIllbats State Department was grossly negligent.

They should have pulled our people out of Libya like the Brits and the Red Cross.

Ah, the master of incomplete and inaccurate quotes is at it again.

The attack in Benghazi was an American Tragedy.

Most Americans understand that the Republican ongoing witch hunt is simply to hurt Mrs. Clinton politically. That too is an American tragedy.

Ah, the master of incomplete and inaccurate quotes is at it again.

The attack in Benghazi was an American Tragedy.

Most Americans understand that the Republican ongoing witch hunt is simply to hurt Mrs. Clinton politically. That too is an American tragedy.

Move along nothing to see here.......

Forum List

Back