What Makes a "Bunny Boiler"?

right, so the question is, what is the personality "defect" that makes someone stalk or otherwise obsess on someone that doesn't not want them....

Maybe I should ask Mr. Lucy? He just say point one could be Erotomania Complex.

Hey Bonzi, you sure you want to carry on with this question?

Is he a psychiatrist/psychologist?

right, so the question is, what is the personality "defect" that makes someone stalk or otherwise obsess on someone that doesn't not want them....

Hey Bonzi, you sure you want to carry on with this question? :eek-52:

Sure. Why not? I like to understand people.
What would drive them to the point of craziness over one other person. has to be an answer.

Hey Bonzi, you sure you want to carry on with this question? :eek-52:

Sure. Why not? I like to understand people.
What would drive them to the point of craziness over one other person. has to be an answer.

Okay, he's telling me, but too long to explain, so I'll just post links and then we'll read about this and see what we all think.

Mr. Lucy says Erotomania Complex is what many stalkers have, they have other Psychological Complexes also, but let's just deal with one at a time:

Erotomania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay, I read a quick article on that... sounds right.
I still wonder why - is it something you are born with, or, due to past experiences......

In cases like the movie Fatal Attraction and the Dateline special I watched, the women did have SEXUAL relations with the men. It wasn't a delusion. The emotional feelings/bond might be misconstrued. But that is different from being delusional.

I still wonder why - is it something you are born with, or, due to past experiences......

I'll ask him, he's bathing Kid A aged 3 years, it's okay I often ask him complicated questions whilst he's doing stuff.

okay no biggie. To me it seems like these men (specifically the one I saw on Dateline) led the person on but were not willing to break it off, even in spite of the "obsessive" signs.....

Mr. Lucy says nobody is born with Complexes, they are created by Society and/or Environment. Stalkers also often suffer from Inferiority Complex, this caused in early childhood by most times parental belittling of child ie. always criticising, or making fun or putting down child etc. In early adulthood develop into full-blown Complex of Inferiority....stalkers many have this Complex as well:

Inferiority complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mr. Lucy says nobody is born with Complexes, they are created by Society and/or Environment. Stalkers also often suffer from Inferiority Complex, this caused in early childhood by most times parental belittling of child ie. always criticising, or making fun or putting down child etc. In early adulthood develop into full-blown Complex of Inferiority....stalkers many have this Complex as well:

Or perhaps parental abandonment?

Yes and/or abuse in house, either physical, sexual or parent has substance abuse problem drugs, alcohol etc.

Kid A aged 3, he has given his verdict, he says quote: "People okay if watch Peppa Pig!!"

This is "Peppa Pig", it's on the television for age under 5 years. So if you don't want to grow up into being a crazy Stalker, watch "Peppa Pig" :wink:

peppa-pig.jpg

What's weird to me is that in many cases, these people can accept rejection and failure in other ways, and even in other relationships, but it's only CERTAIN ones that send them off the deep end.

I wonder what it is about these "certain" relationships that create this issues in the person with this complex.

Mr. Lucy says many stalkers have Axis II Personality Disorders:

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Common Axis II disorders include personality disorders: paranoid personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, histrionic personality disorder, avoidant personality disorder, dependent personality disorder, obsessive-compulsive personality disorder; and intellectual disabilities."

Most stalkers are also former partners of victim, less common are complete strangers stalking you, this happens obviously, but it's not as common as the rejected partner turning stalker.

What's weird to me is that in many cases, these people can accept rejection and failure in other ways, and even in other relationships, but it's only CERTAIN ones that send them off the deep end.

I wonder what it is about these "certain" relationships that create this issues in the person with this complex.

It's something we'll probably never know. It's like why did Ted Bundy being dumped by his first girlfriend send him off deep-end into becoming serial killer, even though, the entire time he was stalking, raping and smashing girls heads in, he had a new live-in girlfriend?

It's something we'll probably never know. It's like why did Ted Bundy being dumped by his first girlfriend send him off deep-end into becoming serial killer, even though, the entire time he was stalking, raping and smashing girls heads in, he had a new live-in girlfriend?

I find this stuff fascinating. I think there always has to be a reason. I wish I had time to analyze peoples lives and figure out the common denominators because I know they must be there.....

I feel like I need a metal detector at the door to this thread or a large couch.

I find this stuff fascinating. I think there always has to be a reason. I wish I had time to analyze peoples lives and figure out the common denominators because I know they must be there.....

It is all fascinating, because the human psyche itself is fascinating and also often enigma.

Forum List

Back