What Makes a "Bunny Boiler"?

What's weird to me is that in many cases, these people can accept rejection and failure in other ways, and even in other relationships, but it's only CERTAIN ones that send them off the deep end.

I wonder what it is about these "certain" relationships that create this issues in the person with this complex.

It's something we'll probably never know. It's like why did Ted Bundy being dumped by his first girlfriend send him off deep-end into becoming serial killer, even though, the entire time he was stalking, raping and smashing girls heads in, he had a new live-in girlfriend?

I find this stuff fascinating. I think there always has to be a reason. I wish I had time to analyze peoples lives and figure out the common denominators because I know they must be there.....

With regarding to parenting, although I'm sure we're not perfect, if you're going to have children, then show them love and nurturing, why have children if you're going to basically ignore them, emotional abandonment for child most devastating thing, scarring remains.

Before Kid A went to bed, about 10 minutes ago, I read him some from Das Puppendorf, this very famous and much loved kinderbuch for generations. Das Puppendorf means in translation "The Village Dolls", Dr. Hans Hoffmann wrote it in 1906, I have my Great-Grandmother's copy from 1912, handed to my Grand-Mother, then my Mother, then to me.

Here is picture of an original 1906 copy:

01-das-puppendorf-hans-hoffmann-1906_900.jpg

Also book Das Nürnberger ABC from 1912, this to learn small children Alphabet with charming drawings like these:

03-DasNurnbergerABC_Olga_Kopetzky_900.jpg

Kid A also likes Mischka Der Bär:

3013022248_036ffe6948 (1).jpg

What's weird to me is that in many cases, these people can accept rejection and failure in other ways, and even in other relationships, but it's only CERTAIN ones that send them off the deep end.

I wonder what it is about these "certain" relationships that create this issues in the person with this complex.

It's something we'll probably never know. It's like why did Ted Bundy being dumped by his first girlfriend send him off deep-end into becoming serial killer, even though, the entire time he was stalking, raping and smashing girls heads in, he had a new live-in girlfriend?

I find this stuff fascinating. I think there always has to be a reason. I wish I had time to analyze peoples lives and figure out the common denominators because I know they must be there.....

With regarding to parenting, although I'm sure we're not perfect, if you're going to have children, then show them love and nurturing, why have children if you're going to basically ignore them, emotional abandonment for child most devastating thing, scarring remains.

Before Kid A went to bed, about 10 minutes ago, I read him some from Das Puppendorf, this very famous and much loved kinderbuch for generations. Das Puppendorf means in translation "The Village Dolls", Dr. Hans Hoffmann wrote it in 1906, I have my Great-Grandmother's copy from 1912, handed to my Grand-Mother, then my Mother, then to me.

View attachment 62582

Also book Das Nürnberger ABC from 1912, this to learn small children Alphabet with charming drawings like these:

View attachment 62584

View attachment 62585

Of course Aaronland being acknowledged sexual maniac, he obviously would prefer for himself this book of Grimm's Fairy Tales :smoke:

61AJpBUHPFL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_ (1).jpg

Bunny boiler reference was a learning experience for me.

I've heard it referenced here, and on TV (on a crime show) - I have also seen the movie (Fatal Attraction) a few times. Although Glenn Close is a nut job, I feel that the man has some responsibility too.

I think a large problem in many relationships which cause a lot of anger is fear of hurting others feelings.
Sometimes if you just tell them the 100% truth, yeah, it hurts, but it is a lot better than a slow drawn out situation where you could be misleading them by not being 100% brutally honest with them. And, the longer you let them hold out hope (which is in vain) the more volatile or emotional the situation can become. All in the name of sparing someone's feelings....

View attachment 62582

View attachment 62584

View attachment 62585

Of course Aaronland being acknowledged sexual maniac, he obviously would prefer for himself this book of Grimm's Fairy Tales :smoke:

View attachment 62587

He obsesses on guys. I have not been able to get him to flirt with me.
He just starts talking about cum and cock.

View attachment 62582

View attachment 62584

View attachment 62585

View attachment 62587

I think Aaronland is you know....ambidextrous :wink:

View attachment 62582

View attachment 62584

View attachment 62585

View attachment 62587

I think Aaronland is you know....ambidextrous :wink:

I think he leans hard one way.............

Me too. I'm scraping the limits of my imagination trying to figure out how they would come up with a term like that. I got nothin'. :dunno:

in the movie Fatal Attraction, with Glenn Close (the obsessive lover) - she boils the family bunny for the wife to find on the stove out of revenge.

Me too. I'm scraping the limits of my imagination trying to figure out how they would come up with a term like that. I got nothin'. :dunno:

in the movie Fatal Attraction, with Glenn Close (the obsessive lover) - she boils the family bunny for the wife to find on the stove out of revenge.

Thanks.
But I dunno, that's a pretty obscure reference to build an icon on....

Thanks.

I didn't make it up. I have heard people on here refer to it, and people on TV

De Clerambault's syndrome, as in McKewans 'Enduring Love', is interesting, but this normally applies to erotomania over inaccessible people, as opposed to someone one has had a fling with.

Just best not to have affairs, one never knows.
Some people just can't handle rejection.

Some people need a clear cut rejection to back off.

Thanks.

I didn't make it up. I have heard people on here refer to it, and people on TV

We could always take a poll to see how many people have ever heard the expression. That's always fun.

Place yer bets! I'm going 20 percent, tops.

Forum List

Back