What it's like to meet kasich and cruz

Hardly. Cruz could be any constitutionalist. And I'd be passionately supporting him.
That's your problem. You get so self absorbed into Cruz, so preoccupied by your passion, you forget your passion for God. This is why I hate politics. People worship their favorite politician more than they do God himself.

So yeah, I am passionate about this. I don't want to tell my daughter I failed to fight to keep this nation free. I don't want the blood of this nation on my hands.

Spare me the self righteousness.

There's a big difference between being passionate and being a dick.

Perhaps your "passion" shouldn't compel you to resort to behavior you scolded your daughter for in kindergarten, and are chastising Trump for. Plus, I doubt you'd like it if I called the man you supported a "snake." So, the man I voted for is a snake, and therefore I take it that you are implying that he, and I, are snakes.

If this is how you want to win the fight for our country, leave me out. We don't win our war for principles with childish name calling. Cruz left his principles behind the moment he decided to engage Trump in mudslinging and wife bashing (I don't care who started that one). Principles involve taking the high road, not jumping into the fray.

This whole election has driven you to look down on your fellow Americans for who they support. If you want to blow the brains out of your party, just isolate those who don't support your man, tell them they're supporting a snake. You'll wish you hadn't.

The people don't matter. What is important is the principles
What you said here is why people are angry with the GOP. The people don't matter, only your so called principles do. As evidenced in Colorado, you nailed it.

And so many I thought were conservatives are trying to shoot ourselves in the head and destroy the conservative movement, possibly forever, right before we win.
But you're willing to destroy a party in order to keep one man from winning. Not very conservative, is it?

Last edited:
And it's bemusing to me that some of you are so willing to stick to your principles that you will ensure the election of someone who will take them away from you, namely Hillary Clinton. Well, years down the road, when this country has been rendered a pale shadow of its former self by President [Hillary] Clinton, please make sure to tell your children you stuck to your principles.

If you want to be selfish, that's your right. Vote third party, or don't vote at all. I'm not telling you how to vote. But you will risk leaving a far bleaker future for your children than your parents left for you, for the sake of preserving your own principles. What good are your principles if you aren't allowed to have them?

Last edited:
All politicians who can make it as far as this are either people you wouldn't trust with anyone, or doing the bidding of such people which isn't much better.

That's politics.

If you want my honest opinion, I hope Kasich finds a way. No joke. Trump and Cruz are virtually indistinguishable from one another.

I have to disagree, dump is rooted in his ego, Cruz is rooted in the Constitution, he's been fighting for it most of his professional life. I seriously doubt dump has ever bothered to read it, I would love to ask him that question.

Just a question.

When Cruz says he's a "constitutional conservative", does that actually mean he reads the constitution? Or does that mean he acts in accordance to his interpretation of it?

Naturally I would also ask the same about Trump, or any other president in the past 60 years or so.

I voted for Trump, now I'm regretting it. Genuinely. I would have regretted voting for Cruz or Kasich.

When I read the news about the GOP race, I shake my head. This isn't the Republican party I joined almost a decade ago. I jumped ship before it was too late. All I see now is the bow slowly dipping below the water.

You became a republican 10 years ago? Are you sure about that?

If you want my honest opinion, I hope Kasich finds a way. No joke. Trump and Cruz are virtually indistinguishable from one another.

I have to disagree, dump is rooted in his ego, Cruz is rooted in the Constitution, he's been fighting for it most of his professional life. I seriously doubt dump has ever bothered to read it, I would love to ask him that question.

Just a question.

When Cruz says he's a "constitutional conservative", does that actually mean he reads the constitution? Or does that mean he acts in accordance to his interpretation of it?

Naturally I would also ask the same about Trump, or any other president in the past 60 years or so.

I voted for Trump, now I'm regretting it. Genuinely. I would have regretted voting for Cruz or Kasich.

When I read the news about the GOP race, I shake my head. This isn't the Republican party I joined almost a decade ago. I jumped ship before it was too late. All I see now is the bow slowly dipping below the water.

One wonders, how long did it take for you to become the obtuse creature that you are now?

Just a question.

One wonders, how long did it take for you to become the obtuse creature that you are now?

If I answered that question now.....and then next year gave you a completely different answer....would you be intrigued?

Are you aware that Cruz said he wants to return the vast majority of federal lands to the States, that jives pretty well with my reading of Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

Great, but like I told Avatar, in order to qualify himself to me as a "Constitutional conservative" he needs to do just that if he becomes president and not before. I've heard too many conservatives call themselves "constitutional conservatives" and do nary a thing constitutional.

Yes he has a mixed record before the Supreme Court, but that doesn't qualify him as a "Constitutional conservative."

Cruz is a smart lawyer, but I think he's a constitutional originalist. More important, I think he will nominate constitutional originalist to the court.

He sounds like he has a lot of judicial prowess. If not president, Chief Supreme Court Justice has a nice ring to it.

Or attorney general.

Cruz is the only constitutionalist in this race. And the fact that you have to lie about him having affairs while you support a man who brags about having affairs while pro using to remove constitutional protections, doesn't speak much about you
He supported Kim Davis. He is NOT a "constitutionalist".

For the record, Cruz had 2 wins and 7 losses in his career arguing before the Supreme Court. The caveat is that a majority of those losses were 5-4 decisions.

The one that stuck out to me was his 2006 case over Texas' redistricting laws, League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry. They didn't rule the entire map unconstitutional, but they ruled Districts 23 violated the Voting Rights Act. The Court ruled 5-4 against him. Democrats were pleased he had to redraw the map, and Cruz took solace that the map itself wasn't ruled an unconstitutional political gerrymander.

Now, as I recall, the Supreme Court handed down an 8-0 ruling a week or so ago allowing for illegal immigrants and other non citizens to be counted when the district lines were drawn in Texas.

Precedent perhaps?

Yep, that "precedent" went against the 14th Amendment which requires the numbers be reduced by the number of adults not eligible to vote. But hey, what the hell does the Constitution have to do with it.

Are you aware that Cruz said he wants to return the vast majority of federal lands to the States, that jives pretty well with my reading of Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

Great, but like I told Avatar, in order to qualify himself to me as a "Constitutional conservative" he needs to do just that if he becomes president and not before. I've heard too many conservatives call themselves "constitutional conservatives" and do nary a thing constitutional.

Yes he has a mixed record before the Supreme Court, but that doesn't qualify him as a "Constitutional conservative."

Cruz is a smart lawyer, but I think he's a constitutional originalist. More important, I think he will nominate constitutional originalist to the court.

He sounds like he has a lot of judicial prowess. If not president, Chief Supreme Court Justice has a nice ring to it.

Or attorney general.
Yall are nutz... How about he serves in the Senate for more than 1 term and proves that he can work with that body to get things done instead of simply being a talking point obstructionist. He is no where close to ready or qualified for President or any other of these positions.

Or attorney general.
Yall are nutz... How about he serves in the Senate for more than 1 term and proves that he can work with that body to get things done instead of simply being a talking point obstructionist. He is no where close to ready or qualified for President or any other of these positions.
Is he an American citizen? Has he lived here for a while? If yes, then he is "qualified"

Just a question.

Are you aware that Cruz said he wants to return the vast majority of federal lands to the States, that jives pretty well with my reading of Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17. He fought the feds and the UN when they tried to interject themselves into a capital in TX. He successfully defended the cross in the desert, the WWII monument pro-bono. On top all that, he did everything in his power to keep his campaign promises to the State of TX. Cruz is a smart lawyer, but I think he's a constitutional originalist. More important, I think he will nominate constitutional originalist to the court.

:lol:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17:

[The Congress shall have Power:]

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings.

This clause is about the founding of Washington DC.

Tell me how you read that as "returning" the "vast majority" of federal lands to the states they are in?

Only the firs half is about DC. The rest dictates for what purposes the feds may own land within a State.

"and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings."

This says the land Shall BE (as in not an option) for necessary federal functions, not parks, wilderness areas, bird sanctuaries, national forest and the like.

Or attorney general.

Funny, the last bill he introduced was passed unanimously in both houses and signed by your dear leader, is that getting things done?

I'm not for Cruz. I'll say the experience factor is lame. If anything, politicians only get more corrupt with time. It's about the direction a person wants to take the country. Bush and Obama were knuckleheads. No amount of experience was gonna change that.

Or attorney general.

Funny, the last bill he introduced was passed unanimously in both houses and signed by your dear leader, is that getting things done?
Good for him, this is the stuff that I can respect... I hope he keeps it up and in the process can evolve the way he speaks and communicates. Right now he does not present a presidential character and I have zero confidence in his abilities to lead.

I'm not for Cruz. I'll say the experience factor is lame. If anything, politicians only get more corrupt with time. It's about the direction a person wants to take the country. Bush and Obama were knuckleheads. No amount of experience was gonna change that.
I agree the experience factor isn't the best reasoning, its just part of many things that I don't like about Cruz. To me it is very obvious that he has a ton of growing to do before he proves to me that he can lead this country.

Forum List

Back