What it's like to meet kasich and cruz

If you want an answer to that question, read the cases cruz won arguing the constitution before the supreme Court. I don't think you get that effective arguing the constitution if you don't believe it

He did his job and won political capital. It doesn't mean he believes in it.

Nice fluff piece; but Kasich is a snake.

I don't think you have the ability to recognize a snake. You're supporting one

What's gotten into you? You seem as if you worship Cruz and see the rest of us as unworthy sinners.

You weren't like this before Trump came along.

Hardly. Cruz could be any constitutionalist. And I'd be passionately supporting him.

I've spend years arguing for the constitution. It's the only way for us to be free. And liberty is the only way we remain great.

It's what we conservatives have been fighting for. And yet so many who said they are fighting for that have run to Trump when he stands against it. We are on the verge of winning this fight. Especially with the Supreme Court. And so many I thought were conservatives are trying to shoot ourselves in the head and destroy the conservative movement, possibly forever, right before we win.

So yeah, I am passionate about this. I don't want to tell my daughter I failed to fight to keep this nation free. I don't want the blood of this nation on my hands.

I'd feel this way about any constitutionalist versus Trump. If say Rand Paul was the one leading ID be all for him right now.

The people don't matter. What is important is the principles

Actually, I've never said I wasn't skeptical of Trump's motives. But Cruz is a two-faced ass hat who sells anyone and everyone out. He renounced his Canadian citizenship just like that when it came out that he had dual citizenship. He's not a Constitutionalist either. He's fine with illegal aliens breaking our laws and being rewarded for it.

Dude's the Al Gore of the GOP. He was all quiet in the early primaries, just giving generic BS til it was his time. He was never calling out Donald til he was a finalist. Dude's a snake.

Cruz has been stronger against immigration than Donald Trump. And in like Trump he has never hired illegals or supported amnesty.

Actually, I've never said I wasn't skeptical of Trump's motives. But Cruz is a two-faced ass hat who sells anyone and everyone out. He renounced his Canadian citizenship just like that when it came out that he had dual citizenship. He's not a Constitutionalist either. He's fine with illegal aliens breaking our laws and being rewarded for it.

Dude's the Al Gore of the GOP. He was all quiet in the early primaries, just giving generic BS til it was his time. He was never calling out Donald til he was a finalist. Dude's a snake.

Cruz has been stronger against immigration than Donald Trump. And in like Trump he has never hired illegals or supported amnesty.
Has he ever hired anybody?

The guy who was going to legally give a get out of jail free card to all illegals has not been "strong" let alone "stronger."

Kasich is a mild mannered, affable RINO. His views are exactly the same as Obama's and Clinton's. He has already flooded Ohio with 45,000 unvetted Somalis, 9 out of 10 on welfare.

If you closed your eyes you wouldn't know if you were meeting Kasich or George Soros...

What's gotten into you? You seem as if you worship Cruz and see the rest of us as unworthy sinners.

You weren't like this before Trump came along.

I postulate she's bought into Glen Beck's postulation that Cruz is to fulfill Mormon prophecy of saving the Constitution. Of course, she and Glenn Beck overlook that the prophecy was about Mormons saving the Constitution and not about some two faced, adulterous, Canadian dough boy lawyer snake saving the day.

And even if she does erroneously believe in that twisted nonsense; I think she's taken an ends justifies the means mentality (which is always cancerous). She is not falling on a higher truth whatsoever.

TemplarKormac

Crickets (and not for the first time on this.) No denial seems to say it all. She's afraid to own it, though.

In normal times, Kasich would be a mainstream Republican, not a 100% purist, just a solid, pragmatic choice for the party and its best hope for beating Hillary.

Today, though, a creepy, unappealing absolutist and an embarrassing, sophomoric reality show host are somehow considered the cream of the crop.

Bad timing on Kasich's part, he just didn't see how quickly and completely the party was splitting into pieces right under his feet.

In normal times, Kasich would be a mainstream Republican, not a 100% purist, just a solid, pragmatic choice for the party and its best hope for beating Hillary.

Today, though, a creepy, unappealing absolutist and an embarrassing, sophomoric reality show host are somehow considered the cream of the crop.

Bad timing on Kasich's part, he just didn't see how quickly and completely the party was splitting into pieces right under his feet.

Yea, these GOP'ers are using GWB's playbook. They don't get that the base is pissed off with hollow promises and talk that leaves the backdoor open to betray them.

‘Cruz’s emphasis was on America. When he resorted to the first person, he phrased it in terms of “we,” not “I.” He was recognizing the conservative activists of Pennsylvania as teammates working together to rescue our Constitution from the abuse to which it has been subjected in recent years.’

Cruz’s emphasis was on ignorance, contempt for the rule of law, and a propensity to lie.

There is no need to ‘rescue’ the Constitution, the Constitution is not subject to ‘abuse,’ these are the same ignorant, ridiculous lies propagated by the right , by Cruz, and by his supporters – lies that render Cruz unfit to be president.

Conservatism is indeed the bane of the American Nation.

‘Cruz’s emphasis was on America. When he resorted to the first person, he phrased it in terms of “we,” not “I.” He was recognizing the conservative activists of Pennsylvania as teammates working together to rescue our Constitution from the abuse to which it has been subjected in recent years.’

Cruz’s emphasis was on ignorance, contempt for the rule of law, and a propensity to lie.

There is no need to ‘rescue’ the Constitution, the Constitution is not subject to ‘abuse,’ these are the same ignorant, ridiculous lies propagated by the right , by Cruz, and by his supporters – lies that render Cruz unfit to be president.

Two words, Clayton. Hillary Clinton. You have no argument.

'Everything's just fine.'

STFU, TBH.

If you want my honest opinion, I hope Kasich finds a way. No joke. Trump and Cruz are virtually indistinguishable from one another.

I have to disagree, dump is rooted in his ego, Cruz is rooted in the Constitution, he's been fighting for it most of his professional life. I seriously doubt dump has ever bothered to read it, I would love to ask him that question.

I'm certain that Trump can quote the Constitution every bit as well as he quotes the Bible. :eusa_whistle:

That's being nice to Johnny Boy.....

CfCUcmAWEAAuWuX.jpg

If you want my honest opinion, I hope Kasich finds a way. No joke. Trump and Cruz are virtually indistinguishable from one another.

I have to disagree, dump is rooted in his ego, Cruz is rooted in the Constitution, he's been fighting for it most of his professional life. I seriously doubt dump has ever bothered to read it, I would love to ask him that question.

I'm certain that Trump can quote the Constitution every bit as well as he quotes the Bible. :eusa_whistle:

But I bet he can't convert into a black dialect when he's in a black church down south!

Are you aware that Cruz said he wants to return the vast majority of federal lands to the States, that jives pretty well with my reading of Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

Great, but like I told Avatar, in order to qualify himself to me as a "Constitutional conservative" he needs to do just that if he becomes president and not before. I've heard too many conservatives call themselves "constitutional conservatives" and do nary a thing constitutional.

Yes he has a mixed record before the Supreme Court, but that doesn't qualify him as a "Constitutional conservative."

Cruz is a smart lawyer, but I think he's a constitutional originalist. More important, I think he will nominate constitutional originalist to the court.

He sounds like he has a lot of judicial prowess. If not president, Chief Supreme Court Justice has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

But I bet he can't convert into a black dialect when he's in a black church down south!

Probably not. I have to caption those freaking phone calls every day, and that dialect practically dislocates my jaw.

For the record, Cruz had 2 wins and 7 losses in his career arguing before the Supreme Court. The caveat is that a majority of those losses were 5-4 decisions.

The one that stuck out to me was his 2006 case over Texas' redistricting laws, League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry. They didn't rule the entire map unconstitutional, but they ruled Districts 23 violated the Voting Rights Act. The Court ruled 5-4 against him. Democrats were pleased he had to redraw the map, and Cruz took solace that the map itself wasn't ruled an unconstitutional political gerrymander.

Now, as I recall, the Supreme Court handed down an 8-0 ruling a week or so ago allowing for illegal immigrants and other non citizens to be counted when the district lines were drawn in Texas.

Precedent perhaps?

Just a question.

When Cruz says he's a "constitutional conservative", does that actually mean he reads the constitution? Or does that mean he acts in accordance to his interpretation of it?

Naturally I would also ask the same about Trump, or any other president in the past 60 years or so.

I voted for Trump, now I'm regretting it. Genuinely. I would have regretted voting for Cruz or Kasich.

When I read the news about the GOP race, I shake my head. This isn't the Republican party I joined almost a decade ago. I jumped ship before it was too late. All I see now is the bow slowly dipping below the water.

Are you aware that Cruz said he wants to return the vast majority of federal lands to the States, that jives pretty well with my reading of Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17. He fought the feds and the UN when they tried to interject themselves into a capital in TX. He successfully defended the cross in the desert, the WWII monument pro-bono. On top all that, he did everything in his power to keep his campaign promises to the State of TX. Cruz is a smart lawyer, but I think he's a constitutional originalist. More important, I think he will nominate constitutional originalist to the court.

:lol:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17:

[The Congress shall have Power:]

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings.

This clause is about the founding of Washington DC.

Tell me how you read that as "returning" the "vast majority" of federal lands to the states they are in?

Forum List

Back