What is your religion?

What is you religion?

• Total voters
Not exactly. You're saying that all Christian churches descend from Catholicism.

It's not true.

I love how they all claim to be the ONE TRUE church.. Watch this...

So, whose Christian Denomination most closely follows the teaching of Jesus Christ?

Er..I'd say the one church that most closely follows the NT?

Let's get this straight...you want to argue, with a straight face, that a church doesn't have to follow the teachings of Christ to most closely follow the teachings of Christ?

You're high, aren't you?

Yes it is.

Good grief, no, it's not. New TEstament Christians existed BEFORE there was a pope, before there was an Orthodox church, and before the Catholic church came into being.

I have no problem with sharing information, but I honestly wish people wouldn't pretend to be knowledgeable when they're as ignorant as a stick about what they're talking about. And that's for you, mani, for your ignorant poll, and your refusal to recognize that it's wrong to classify all Christians as either Protestant or Catholic. I don't know if you're being intentionally irritating, or if you really believe it.

From wiki:

"Christianity began in 1st century AD Jerusalem. It ultimately became the state religion of Armenia in either 301 or 314, the state religion of Ethiopia in 325, the state religion of Georgia in 337, and then the state religion of the Roman Empire in 380. During the Age of Exploration (15th to 17th cent.), Christianity expanded throughout the world, becoming the world's largest religion.[3]"

Gosh, I don't see any reference to the Catholic Church there.

The Catholics and Protestants are the largest BRANCHES of the church:

"The largest branches of Christianity are the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the Protestant churches."

You know what a branch is? It grows off the main tree?

"The sources for the beliefs of the apostolic community include the Gospels and New Testament Epistles. The very earliest accounts are contained in these texts, such as early Christian creeds and hymns, as well as accounts of the Passion, the empty tomb, and Resurrection appearances; often these are dated to within a decade or so of the crucifixion of Jesus, originating within the Jerusalem Church.[19]"

"The earliest Christian creeds and hymns express belief in the risen Jesus, e.g., that preserved in 1Corinthians 15:3–4 quoted by Paul: "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."[20] The antiquity of the creed has been located by many scholars to less than a decade after Jesus' death, originating from the Jerusalem apostolic community,[21] and no scholar dates it later than the 40s."

Do you see? NT Churches, which include amongst their numbers certain Baptist churches, have absolutely no connection, and never have had a connection, to Catholic OR Protestant branches of the religion. They are local, independent churches which have existed SINCE THE TIME OF CHRIST.

Good grief, no, it's not. New TEstament Christians existed BEFORE there was a pope, before there was an Orthodox church, and before the Catholic church came into being.

I have no problem with sharing information, but I honestly wish people wouldn't pretend to be knowledgeable when they're as ignorant as a stick about what they're talking about. And that's for you, mani, for your ignorant poll, and your refusal to recognize that it's wrong to classify all Christians as either Protestant or Catholic. I don't know if you're being intentionally irritating, or if you really believe it.

From wiki:

"Christianity began in 1st century AD Jerusalem. It ultimately became the state religion of Armenia in either 301 or 314, the state religion of Ethiopia in 325, the state religion of Georgia in 337, and then the state religion of the Roman Empire in 380. During the Age of Exploration (15th to 17th cent.), Christianity expanded throughout the world, becoming the world's largest religion.[3]"

Gosh, I don't see any reference to the Catholic Church there.

The Catholics and Protestants are the largest BRANCHES of the church:

"The largest branches of Christianity are the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, and the Protestant churches."

You know what a branch is? It grows off the main tree?

"The sources for the beliefs of the apostolic community include the Gospels and New Testament Epistles. The very earliest accounts are contained in these texts, such as early Christian creeds and hymns, as well as accounts of the Passion, the empty tomb, and Resurrection appearances; often these are dated to within a decade or so of the crucifixion of Jesus, originating within the Jerusalem Church.[19]"

"The earliest Christian creeds and hymns express belief in the risen Jesus, e.g., that preserved in 1Corinthians 15:3–4 quoted by Paul: "For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures."[20] The antiquity of the creed has been located by many scholars to less than a decade after Jesus' death, originating from the Jerusalem apostolic community,[21] and no scholar dates it later than the 40s."

Do you see? NT Churches, which include amongst their numbers certain Baptist churches, have absolutely no connection, and never have had a connection, to Catholic OR Protestant branches of the religion. They are local, independent churches which have existed SINCE THE TIME OF CHRIST.

Oh I don't know about that. I recently heard that most of what gets posted on wikipedia is just a bunch of bullshit fiction. I don't remember where I heard it, but I know it was a reliable source. :lol:

Oh I don't know about that. I recently heard that most of what gets posted on wikipedia is just a bunch of bullshit fiction. I don't remember where I heard it, but I know it was a reliable source. :lol:

I would pos rep you for that if I hadn't already given you one, so instead, a public :clap2:

How could the apostles be Catholics when the Catholic church didn't come into existence for, oh, roughly 500 years? Ravi, are you being deliberately stupid, too? With Mani, it's a given...but with you, one never knows when it's the real thing....

Wiki's not the tool of choice when dealing with educated and intelligent people, but when dealing with drooling imbeciles, it can usually provide a general idea.

I wouldn't expect it to be completely accurate about politicians who are currently running, for example.

But I think as far as the "History of Christianity" which is pretty much out there, it can be a useful tool to convey the basics, for tards who think that there are only Protestant and Catholic Christians, and who believe the Apostles were CATHOLICS.

I was born and raised Catholic, but I don't like how people separate Christianity into all these different sects. They all believe pretty much the same thing; give or take a few small details. The Christian religion is about unity and brotherhood not division amongst fellow Christians. I voted Catholic, but I never go to church. I guess I would be a non-denominational Christian. About Wiki-pedia any site made by the public is going to be inaccurate.

Let's get this straight...you want to argue, with a straight face, that a church doesn't have to follow the teachings of Christ to most closely follow the teachings of Christ?

You're high, aren't you?

not at all.. IN fact, Im not the one who will be foaming at the mouth insisting that MY particular flavor of jebus is the ONE TRUE doctrine..

so, again.. name names.. which christian denomination is the ONE TRUE path to salvation that follows the closest teaching of jesus H. Christ.

Forum List

Back