What is your occupation?

admirable! And also the world's most important and valuable occupation. Hats off to you, Hannitized!:clap:

:)

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Actually it's not too bad. I enjoy the numbers part, I don't enjoy the customer service part.

On the side, though, I do a lot of work with single mothers... you know, helping them get their start. :D

Whatever it is you do exactly, it sounds very rewarding.

Originally posted by winston churchi
I know what you are talking about.....but for example, I am a right handed person and right brained.
Right brained is basically someone who is creative and a daydreamer.
Left brained is more of an analyzer...someone who enjoys figures and analyzing and organization would be more left brained.

Right brained people are more sucessfull in the financial dept (also more dangerous) because they take chances on things that a left brained person wouldn't. While a right brained would daydream about how to make it work - a left brained would analyze the chances of it working and probibly wouldn't gamble.

As for your astrological sign - I don't follow that at all. I am a Capricorn but none of it seems to fit my personality.

So I gather since you are not empathetic, artistic and creative you are probibly someone who works in an office where little creativity is needed.
For me? That would drive me crazy!! But everyone is different - isn't that what makes the world go around?
I work in a business, yes, but I'm never in the office. I'm always at client sites or the like. I rarely sit down. My job involves marketing, financial analysis and sales- oh, and yes, babysitting the newbies in my department.

I don't make anything, I don't fix anything, I make no one healthier...but hey, it's a living.

What is it you do?

I work with animals. A far cry from what I used to do.
I did a 180.
Before I worked in airports - a few here in the states as well as England.
I traveled around - I would like to say the world but couldn't.
I never lived in the same place for more than two years.
Now?
I am trying to settle in one place - the thought doesn't scare me anymore.

Originally posted by Moi
I work in a business, yes, but I'm never in the office. I'm always at client sites or the like. I rarely sit down. My job involves marketing, financial analysis and sales- oh, and yes, babysitting the newbies in my department.

I don't make anything, I don't fix anything, I make no one healthier...but hey, it's a living.

What is it you do?

Never underestimate yourself! - Of course never overestimate yourself either.
Maybe you have made someone healthier if you are dealing with finances - of course you have probibly made a few more sick.
Fixing things? Marketing is fixing things to make the business better...and of course when you babysit you are fixing things.
You make nothing? Sales don't count?

I knew a man who was a runner (I am not sure if that is the correct name for this job) in Wall street. All he did was run something from one spot to another and that was it. A small low paying job. He would tell everyone he worked on Wall Street which was true and he was suddenly transformed into this holy man who was brilliant and so on. Since few people knew enough of Wall Street he never had to go into detail about his job - so to the world he was this high class business man.

Me? My job was always outside (in the airport). I checked the underbelly of the craft - the cargo hold - other things - so my job was defiinetly not glorious!

I work with animals. A far cry from what I used to do.
I did a 180.
Before I worked in airports - a few here in the states as well as England.
I traveled around - I would like to say the world but couldn't.
I never lived in the same place for more than two years.
Now?
I am trying to settle in one place - the thought doesn't scare me anymore.
I would love to work with animals. Always wanted to be a vet but I couldn't hack euthanasia.

I hope you work on a happier side of animals.

Originally posted by Moi
I would love to work with animals. Always wanted to be a vet but I couldn't hack euthanasia.

I hope you work on a happier side of animals.

That part was quite disturbing. I had worked in one vets office that euthanised pets often at the owners request. Most of these pets were not sick or elderly but their reasons were selfish. They were usually moving out of the country or to a place where pets were not welcome and they did not want to turn the pet over to the shelter - or take the pet with them - but felt killing the better choice. One pet I remember was only two years old and running around the office and the owners were moving to Germany for a year - though they could have taken the dog with them, they chose not too and told the receptionist that they could just get another dog when they return.

The world is full of sick selfish people.

That part was quite disturbing. I had worked in one vets office that euthanised pets often at the owners request. Most of these pets were not sick or elderly but their reasons were selfish. They were usually moving out of the country or to a place where pets were not welcome and they did not want to turn the pet over to the shelter - or take the pet with them - but felt killing the better choice. One pet I remember was only two years old and running around the office and the owners were moving to Germany for a year - though they could have taken the dog with them, they chose not too and told the receptionist that they could just get another dog when they return.

The world is full of sick selfish people.
Why, on this green earth, would some vet agree to that? I can't believe the people but I'm more appalled that someone charged with helping animals would do such a thing!

Originally posted by Moi
Why, on this green earth, would some vet agree to that? I can't believe the people but I'm more appalled that someone charged with helping animals would do such a thing!

Like a lot of things - in the end its all about the money.

I knew a vet that would only take care of your dog (if it was an emergency, you were not her customer and you didn't have the money to fund) only if you signed over papers to her - if you had a purebred Rottie for example, her favourite, she would have you sign the dog and his papers to her - otherwise she would not help you. Once you did, she owned the dog and would sell it. Sound sleezy as hell? This was in the foothills of Virginia - and although she was reported she continues to practice.

NightTrain said:
Telecom. Outside & inside computer / telephone network installation & maintenance.
Hey, that's what my husband used to do, actually getting ready to do again. Woohoo, LOL!

HGROKIT said:
ahhhh, you work in the commisary!

I used to do that part time when my twins were born to help make ends meet.

very cool.

Haha, its funny to see my mom upset that I make more per hour than she does, lol. I love it.

I work on the night crew at a grocery store for minimum wage, while I save for university in the fall of 2005. In the mean time I'm taking some distance education courses to prepare. My goals are to graduate with dual major in political science and economics, with a minor in french.

I teach social studies to 6-8 grades. Applying for high schools now. Working on master's.

Had a craft business for 10 years until an auto accident put the screws to that. Started with mail order (stay at home w/kids) and also had a retail store, which I didn't like as much as I tho't I would. May do it again when I'm older since it's so confining.

Voluntarily taught ART for 11 years while raising a family & helping my (ex) husband of 21 years run his carpenter/contractor business.

Currently, I bartend. Also licensed by the state to solemnize marriages. That's solemnize NOT sodomize!

Forum List

Back