What is your occupation?

Originally posted by dmp
The joke was "I am IN(side) Computers..."

As if you physically were contained in more than one computer :)

:D
I know.....hence the order of my answers. :D

i just cleared it out lol

I feel like a MORON. :rolleyes:

I was confused as to why it said full.....I had cleard out my in box - but guess what I forgot?

around age 30, eh? THats what DK thought.

I think I will let him step in for the rest of your education on this matter lol

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
around age 30, eh? THats what DK thought.

Naw - we are pretty sure it'll work out that way...we've decided to not potty-train her until age 25.

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
DK - just translate it to 'computer geek' so the rest of us can understand.

Thanks!

LOL :p:

translating for the 'geek impaired'.

"content services architect at verizon using cisco 11000 series switches" - this means that I talk with web content service developers to help them design the best way their services are accessible on the internet and then design the load balancing rules that the cisco part of the network will use to make sure that the services are applied evenly and theres no excessive load on any one server.

Old occupation - Hardware technician/Network analyst - worked for 10+ years in the IT field.

Anyone wanna hire me?

Originally posted by jimnyc
Old occupation - Hardware technician/Network analyst - worked for 10+ years in the IT field.

Anyone wanna hire me?

You can HAVE my spot.

Does your company offer a personal leer jet service?

Actually, they can't even afford heat sink compound. -Yet they fly their sales people (who land 1 contract a year) around the freakin country with no limit on the hotels, meals, etc.

We all bet regularly on how the company will fold and when.

Companies never want to spend anything more than they have to on their IT workers - even though they'll tell you about how critical the operations are to the business. My old boss used to tell me all the time about how important my work was to the company, and how certain aspects of my job were some of the companies most important. Somehow he forgot these words when it came time for pay increases though.

I made up for it with software and spare parts. :D

Companies never want to spend anything more than they have to on their IT workers - even though they'll tell you about how critical the operations are to the business. My old boss used to tell me all the time about how important my work was to the company, and how certain aspects of my job were some of the companies most important. Somehow he forgot these words when it came time for pay increases though.

I made up for it with software and spare parts. :D

I saw it coming when I got hired 3 years ago and demanded 25% more than what they were willing to pay.

:)

Now however, all of the "benefits" come out of your check, and the pay doesn't keep up. Right on target with my time frame of exiting the situation.

I figure I have a few months left at most.

Originally posted by dmp
Naw - we are pretty sure it'll work out that way...we've decided to not potty-train her until age 25.

geez, do you have a workout on your hands. I've got a 21 and 14 year old daughter, i'll probably be dead before the first hits 30 because of it all :crutch:

Forum List

Back