What is your most memorable location that you have visited?

Sleeping out in the flatland dessert about midway between San Diego and Tucon AZ.

For a boy from the mountains of PA, seeing the stars from horizon to horizon, North South East and West, and then watching the moon sail the same course from horizon to horizon was fairly memorable.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
The bleachers at
welcome-to-wrigley-field.jpg

I have been going for a weekend every summer the last few years and have had a ball there.

Wow, so many have been to gorgeous places, I've really enjoyed all the pictures. I'm not as well traveled as many of you, though I've been to Indiana, EZ. ;) Nice place to visit, might want to live there.

Natural beauty visits: Canadian waters for canoeing. Gorgeous. LA, sunsets over the hills were just beautiful. Vero Beach for sunrises.

Favorite cities/activities: Washington DC, agree with the Australian on that. So many museums, monuments, I love that. NYC, can't beat it for sheer massiveness of everything. Chicago, much prettier and less crowded than NYC.

I agree there are some great pictures in this thread! I'm like you Annie...I've not traveled all that much. Just usually to places close to home and on the occasion I've actually made it to other states, just visited with family for the most part.

I do really like the Durango area in Colorado though. One lake in particular.
Vallecito Lake a Southwest Colorado Vacation Destination

Very beautiful and peaceful..I have good memories of visiting there. Plus,there is alot to see and do at the lake and in the surrounding area. Hiking,fishing,boating,horseback riding...down the road there are also some neat little restaurants etc. It's also pretty close to Durango,which has fun tourist attractions and shops. I have always liked going there.

Another great place to see is right here in my home state. Carlsbad Caverns.
Carlsbad Caverns National Park

Very beautiful also. Both the drive up to the park and the caves themselves. Just the hike down into the caves takes a few hours (there is alot to see) then the guided tours through the different chambers (very cool). Plus, at certain times of the year you can watch all of the bats fly out of the caves at dusk (hundreds of them).

Wow, so many have been to gorgeous places, I've really enjoyed all the pictures. I'm not as well traveled as many of you, though I've been to Indiana, EZ. ;) Nice place to visit, might want to live there.

Natural beauty visits: Canadian waters for canoeing. Gorgeous. LA, sunsets over the hills were just beautiful. Vero Beach for sunrises.

Favorite cities/activities: Washington DC, agree with the Australian on that. So many museums, monuments, I love that. NYC, can't beat it for sheer massiveness of everything. Chicago, much prettier and less crowded than NYC.
I've lived a lot of places, Annie; and Chicago is my second favorite of them all. You are very fortunate to live in such a great place.

What is your most memorable location that you have visited?

Many years ago, a special friends' libido, often, very often.

My second favorite place would be a vista point overlooking the Homer Spit in Alaska. I usually stay in Soldotna along the Kenai River, but always make a scenic drive to Homer. I did locate the view that I have coming into Homer, Everything is dwarfed by the mountains that surround the area.
I will have to make a thread about catching a 58# Salmon on the Kenai, and on that particuliar day it was too small and had to release it. That was a downer, for sure.

Homer Spit Photo

Just wondering what is your most memorable place that you have visited? One that you will never forget. City, forrest, or where ever.

Mine is one that I've been to on several occasions, the fishing is great for Cutthroat Trout, and tucked away in the Bridger moutain range out of Bozeman Mt. It's called Fairy Lake, and is an extinct volcano. It very shallow around the edges, and becomes very deep towards the center. It's a small lake, and here is a link to it.
On Black: Fairy Lake, Montana by aorr [Large]

Everytime I go back to it, it just reinforces how I feel about this location.

Beautiful picture :)

I met a REALLY Friendly Girl in Savannah.......all I recall about the city was that the headboards in the hotel rooms are too close to the walls.

Did she take you to a VIP room, or were you scared of her?

Can't you remember? :eusa_whistle:

Note: I live in Atlanta, GA. NOT Savannah, GA.

Go to google maps. Get driving directions. You will note Atlanta is several hours INLAND from Savannah. Savannah is on the ATLANTIC COAST of GA.

Atlanta is smackdab in the N/W/Central part of GA. Nowhere close to Savannah.

Hence: It wasn't me. Dingleberry! :cuckoo:

Did she take you to a VIP room, or were you scared of her?

Go to google maps. Get driving directions. You will note Atlanta is several hours INLAND from Savannah. Savannah is on the ATLANTIC COAST of GA.

Have you ever visited, Andersonville?

I totally love Bryce Canyon. Beats the Grand Canyon hands down....

also, I live not too far from Stonehenge in the UK.... amazing place - when you consider the effort it took to build it and the date of its origin...

http://www.stonehenge.co.uk/about.php

Bryce is nice...:)

I would reccomend staying on the trail at Bryce. Back in the late 80's a buddy of mine got a big ticket for climbing the pink beds. lol

As you should! Bryce has always looked like a pretty pile of mud to me, ready to wash away at any time. And the trails were always so dusty. What's up with that?

One of my most favorite places I've visited is San Diego, CA.

Awesome weather just about year round. Great beaches. Beautiful cliffs and scenery. Watercrafts (yachting), the legendary San Diego Zoo and Sea World....and if you drive west of the city you can get to the mountains for snow skiing or a little further and you're in the desert.

Go south, and you enter Baja California, MEX. Beautiful coastal scenery on a long winding road. Mountains on one side, clear, gorgeous ocean views on the other. A neat little fishing village called Ensenada, and if you're really ambitious, you could drive all the way to the tip of the peninsula to Cabo San Lucas, the resort of the stars. :D

I once pondered moving to SD, but quickly discovered I'd need about 10 roomates to afford living there. *sigh*

So....hopeful a trip back will happen some time in the near future.

Have you ever visited, Andersonville?

Andersonville where? :eusa_think:

Don't believe I have.

Forum List

Back