What is wrong with Republicans?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Dont they understand what being American means?

A Texas county GOP's faction seeks to remove 'unsuitable' Muslim vice chair

Tarrant county Republicans in Texas will vote Thursday on an effort by a faction to remove their vice chairman, Shahid Shafi, because he's Muslim.

Fort Worth is the largest city in Tarrant county.

The campaign against Shafi, a trauma surgeon and member of the Southlake City Council, was mounted by a small group of Republicans led by Dorrie O'Brien, a precinct chairman from Grand Prairie.

O’Brien writes on Facebook that she “never doubted” her side has the votes to remove Shafi from his post.”

“We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable.

Tarrant county Republicans in Texas will vote Thursday on an effort by a faction to remove their vice chairman, Shahid Shafi, because he's Muslim.

The campaign against Shafi, a trauma surgeon and member of the Southlake City Council, was mounted by a small group of Republicans led by Dorrie O'Brien, a precinct chairman from Grand Prairie.

O’Brien writes on Facebook that she “never doubted” her side has the votes to remove Shafi from his post.”

“We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable.
I'll bet you don't bat an eyelash when the left goes after christians...why stick up for religion now? Because he's muslim???

Love this!

Keep the hate coming Republicans!

I'll bet you don't bat an eyelash when the left goes after christians...why stick up for religion now? Because he's muslim???
Totally clueless

No, they don't. They are almost uniformly unamerican.

Go after them how?

Nobody is good night after christians. That's just bullshit the talking heads are feeding you and I wouldn't eat it if I were you.

Heard about this, Maybe he can go work for the democrats after he sues the fuck out of them for religious discrimination.

Love this!

Keep the hate coming Republicans!

LOL "hate"

The only thing I hate is you making threads to gin up division. It's pretty childish and counterproductive.

You didn’t answer

Do you believe Republicans are right to ban Muslims from their ranks?

No. Now, answer these:

Do you believe it is okay to delineate people based on race, religion or gender? If it's wrong to treat Muslims that way, is it not also wrong to treat any other religion that way?

Is it wrong to sit there and disown people who don't share your particular political ideals? What if she were a Christian? Would this thread exist? Would your outrage exist?

Ha. It's wrong to ban someone from the ranks because of what they believe or who they are.

I've been on this board too long to fall for this kind of garbage.

What's wrong with Republicans? According to you, everything.

So why bother to ask?
So you agree that Republicans should ban Muslims from their ranks?

Where in that post could you infer that I agree with such a thing?

You didn't answer.

Where in that post could you infer that I would ever agree with such behavior?

Or are you too busy assigning beliefs to people that they don't posses?

I don't know, but we know what's wrong with Dimocraps. :desk:

Spoken like a party cheerleader unable to articulate a counter point. What was that one thread of yours....wait, it will come to me...

But for the sake of conversation here. There are idiots on both sides. Did the R's in this case have any performance issues with the person they removed or was it purely an anti-that religion thing?

Forum List

Back