What is the solution? Or at least what action should be taken?

Since you are rejecting regulating guns, then apparently the solution is to defeat your party.

hes a libertarian,,,

Mostly, you are correct. But if you think calling out political parties is going to do anything to help this problem, you are an idiot.

first step to solve any problem is to first admit it,,,

and at least I can do that,,,so far its more than you have,,,

This thread is about asking for actual solutions. If there is no problem, why would I ask for solutions?

You are avoiding the topic.

I offered a solution,,,

Banning political parties? Do you think Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell would be any different if they were part of a single group instead of a political party?

And what part of the US Constitution being enforced would provide a solution?

In 1964 God was kicked out of schools and children were no longer told they were made in the image of God.

Now we enjoy the fruits of that decision.

View attachment 272695

God was not banned. School led prayer was banned.

Do you think God would have intervened if he were "still allowed in school"? BTW, as long as there are exams there are prayers in schools.

So what are the answer(s)?
I know this is not the kind of response you're looking for, but I think the question is moot. Sadly.

This is a terribly complicated issue, as are many we face. And we simply no longer have either the willingness nor the capacity to communicate, collaborate and innovate our way out of this.

What I'm not sure of is whether this condition is temporary or permanent.

Do you think the general hostility in the political arena is part of the problem? I don't mean hostile politicians, but the way the population has become both polarized and mean concerning politics.

hes a libertarian,,,

Mostly, you are correct. But if you think calling out political parties is going to do anything to help this problem, you are an idiot.

This thread is about asking for actual solutions. If there is no problem, why would I ask for solutions?

I offered a solution,,,

Banning political parties? Do you think Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell would be any different if they were part of a single group instead of a political party?

well in this case the borders being secured,,,that was the guys main malfunction

I know this is not the kind of response you're looking for, but I think the question is moot. Sadly.

This is a terribly complicated issue, as are many we face. And we simply no longer have either the willingness nor the capacity to communicate, collaborate and innovate our way out of this.

Do you think the general hostility in the political arena is part of the problem? I don't mean hostile politicians, but the way the population has become both polarized and mean concerning politics.
Oh, absolutely. This has gone beyond being just political to being cultural. And when something becomes cultural, it becomes damn near impossible to eradicate.

The answers to this are very simple...

1. Reinstate the ability for people to be institutionalized without consent when necessary

2. Keep dangerous, violent criminals in jail or execute them.

3. Create an expectation for Security at ALL public places.

4. Private citizens need to step up and start being the first responders in these incidents. Carry your gun to protect yourself and others.

5. A Federal firearms license incorporated into the drivers license system that disqualifies individuals who shouldn’t have access rather than asserting positive licensing.

6. A NICS system that can be accessed by everyone and takes no longer than 90 seconds to respond.

Thst would be a good start.

Surprisingly, you have provided solid answers and a start to the actual discussion.

I offered a solution,,,

well in this case the borders being secured,,,that was the guys main malfunction

Anyone willing to drive 9 hours to open fire in a Walmart has far more malfunctions than a dislike of illegal immigrants. But at least it is a proactive suggestion.

1. Reinstate the ability for people to be institutionalized without consent when necessary

4. Private citizens need to step up and start being the first responders in these incidents. Carry your gun to protect yourself and others.

5. A Federal firearms license incorporated into the drivers license system that disqualifies individuals who shouldn’t have access rather than asserting positive licensing.

6. A NICS system that can be accessed by everyone and takes no longer than 90 seconds to respond.

Surprisingly, you have provided solid answers and a start to the actual discussion.

I offered a solution,,,

Anyone willing to drive 9 hours to open fire in a Walmart has far more malfunctions than a dislike of illegal immigrants. But at least it is a proactive suggestion.

we only have his words to go by,,,

That absolutely is part of the problem but I don't see any reason to let politicians off the hook for it. They're supposed to know better yet they continuously antagonize especially along racial lines but also gender. Literally tearing apart the very foundations of human society. Dems complain about Trump not having diplomatic skills when it comes for foreign nations, but how about they try a little diplomacy at home?

I offered a solution,,,

we only have his words to go by,,,

No, we also have his actions to go by.

Are all the victims illegal immigrants? He opened fire in a Walmart when people were doing their back to school shopping. He has serious issues and more than just his problem with illegal immigrants.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

The notion that a fearful population “will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety” fails as a slippery slope fallacy, nothing but baseless demagoguery.

And ‘liberals’ don’t advocate for ‘banning’ guns, ‘kneejerk’ or otherwise.

Otherwise, there needs to be an acknowledgement and understanding of the fact that measures can be taken having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms.

We must also understand that this is a complex problem, that there is no ‘one solution,’ that no one measure or policy will be a ‘panacea’ for all gun crime and violence, and that because a given measure may not stop all gun crime and violence doesn’t mean that measure is ‘wrong’ or ‘bad’ or should be opposed.

Moreover, we must accept the difficult truth that American society is uniquely violent, where violence is perceived as a legitimate means of conflict resolution, violence intricately woven into the fabric of American culture; this is why comparing the United States to other Western democracies is pointless, and why firearm laws and measures in those countries won’t work in the United States.

I wish I had a solution to the problem, but I don’t; but I don’t agree that we’re helpless to do nothing.

Although I don’t have a solution to the problem, I do know what will not work, and that which I oppose:

Banning firearms designated as assault weapons will not work.

Restricting magazine capacity will not work.

Registration requirements will not work.

Training and licensing requirements other than the carrying of concealed weapons won’t work.

I will oppose the above accordingly.

I am not looking for "We needs armed good guys!" or "Ban all privately owned guns!".

I am looking for actual, workable things that can be done to prevent the kinds of tragedies we have seen in the last week.

For conservatives, the time for Thoughts & Prayers is over. If you won't come up with solutions, someone else will. If the population is afraid, they will surrender their freedoms for a sense of safety. You have to do something.

For liberals, the knee-jerk reaction of banning guns is not a viable answer. Fuck party lines. This is about a balance of safety and individual freedom (especially the freedom to defend ourselves).

Licensing including mental health testing and regular renewals along with required liability insurance.

Reopen institutes where people who have mental illness can be put safely away so they can be studied for signs of violence. Every failed FBI investigated individual who went off the deep end and start shooting up innocents all had the same signs.
What Was Adam Lanza Actually Like?
Nikolas Cruz, Florida Shooting Suspect, Described as a ‘Troubled Kid’
El Paso Walmart shooter Patrick Crusius, 21, was ‘weird, nerdy boy’ who ‘would pick his nose and eat scabs’, says ex-classmate

Now I cant say other than Muslims hate the rest of US, which is why over the long years of Obama, it was "work place violence" against those who didnt want to hear the words of Allah. But can something be done about this. You bet, start putting the crazy people who want to hurt themselves or others in a place that keeps them safely away.

first thing to do is ban both the democrat and republican parties and reinstall the constitution to its rightful place as the rule of law,,,

So you want to ban freedom of association.

Good to hear...

Since you are rejecting regulating guns, then apparently the solution is to defeat your party.
The solution is arrest people for sedition.
The only thing stopping this is the simple fact that nobody wants to open that can of worms.
You've just lost your right to attempt to call anyone else fascist or Nazi ever again.

In business you do what is called benchmarking. You find out who is successful and do your best to copy their processes.

Other developed nations don’t have weekly massacres.

Again…
A guy in Paris, France gets pissed…he gets over it eventually since a mini arsenal isn’t available to him.
A guy in Paris, Texas gets pissed….he gets a gun and kills people since a mini arsenal is available.

And please shelve the argument that they are somehow different….

They watch the same movies
They read the same books
They have the same internet
They have the same socioeconomic pressures

What they don’t have is a 2nd Amendment that allows the arsenal to be purchased.

It’s that simple.

first thing to do is ban both the democrat and republican parties and reinstall the constitution to its rightful place as the rule of law,,,

So you want to ban freedom of association.

Good to hear...
Is ANTIFA showing a freedom of expression, or attacking people who exercise their freedom of expression? You assholes twist words all the time then when shown who the violent types are, you run and use the liberal playbook. Please oh please, send some of those ANTIFA in my direction, I will mistake them as ISIS members.

In business you do what is called benchmarking. You find out who is successful and do your best to copy their processes.

Other developed nations don’t have weekly massacres.

Again…
A guy in Paris, France gets pissed…he gets over it eventually since a mini arsenal isn’t available to him.
A guy in Paris, Texas gets pissed….he gets a gun and kills people since a mini arsenal is available.

And please shelve the argument that they are somehow different….

They watch the same movies
They read the same books
They have the same internet
They have the same socioeconomic pressures

What they don’t have is a 2nd Amendment that allows the arsenal to be purchased.

It’s that simple.
You do realize that in France, since they didnt have a gun, they used a box truck to kill many people. Are you saying they need to ban box trucks?

hes a libertarian,,,

No you can't call out political parties but you can condemn certain individuals in each party. There are many unstable people in this world and when you repeatedly tell your followers that Mexicans are subhuman "rapist" and "murderers," don't be surprised when one of them grabs their gun and walks into a Walmart near the Mexican border to commit an atrocity on your behalf.

I do not see an easy way to get there from here. As a society we have turned away from God, and we have turned away from His standards of decency, morality, and ethics, and even common sense. As long as we continue in that direction, as long as we do not turn back from it, we will continue increasingly to reap the consequences.

God? How many people have died or killed in the name of God? Billions.

Forum List

Back