What is the purpose of government.

Choose as many as you like:

• Total voters

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
If I left anything out, let me know - I'll add it (if it's reasonable).

All of the above at different times, except #three unless amended to remove racism, i.e. aren't there some white people we'd want to keep out?

Their job is to coddle us and give us free housing, phones, school, cars, clothes, a lot of free money, free furniture, carpet, big screen TVs so we don't trample each other at Wal Mart the day after thanksgiving, 5 hour work weeks and such.

All of the above at different times, except #three unless amended to remove racism, i.e. aren't there some white people we'd want to keep out?
The enumerated powers outlined in the constitution mention none of those.
Maybe you were talking about state gov?

I view government as an entity that provides for the common good. Conservatives keep these "goods" to a narrow list of items such as the military, roads and freeways, and sport stadiums for billionaires. The liberals' list is ever expanding. We independents are open minded to a certain limited extent we feel comfortable with.

I view government as an entity that provides for the common good. Conservatives keep these "goods" to a narrow list of items such as the military, roads and freeways, and sport stadiums for billionaires. The liberals' list is ever expanding. We independents are open minded to a certain limited extent we feel comfortable with.

"Common good" is pretty subjective. It sounds like, in your view, the purpose of government depends on who is in office.

If I left anything out, let me know - I'll add it (if it's reasonable).

What is the purpose of government.
You Leftycrats tell us the U.S. Government exists to make life easier for Mexico’s filth, to force our taxpayers to pay wetbacks to ruin our nation, displace our citizens, rape, murder and pillage our people.

BUT, in short, the real purpose of government is to keep this nation on the pathway and trajectory set forth by great framers.
TA-DA! What do I win?

"Common good" is pretty subjective. It sounds like, in your view, the purpose of government depends on who is in office.

Exactly, that's why political parties write platforms and we have elections to choose the candidate whose view of that common good most aligns with our own.

So none of you give a shit about the limits put on the gov?
And then whine when the abuse is something you don't agree with.

Forum List

Back