What Is The Problem With Kids Working Late Nights??

Nothinburger. Drop it and wait for the next crisis your leaders make up.
So, when there is a story that actually has 10 yr olds working til 2 am.....it's not really something major enough to become a crisis because it's really just an isolated thing or something that was misconstrued...

But if we can make up stories about unnamed schools across the nation forcing toddlers to be transgender -- then it is a major crisis that needs immediate legislation? Cool...

All those words and emotional paragraphs when you could have just said "I'm full of shit for political reasons" and saved us and yourself some time....

I'm simply pointing out this is not anything new. Kids when I was young had jobs (and yes, some that had risks) when they were around that age. And again, I seriously doubt McDonald's has an application by these 10 year olds and an employee ID number. They were simply helping Dad which children often enjoy doing. I know I did when I was that age.

But the media knows how people like you will never question the source or the reporting. You saps just believe anything they print. That's why they do it.

I'm simply pointing out this is not anything new. Kids when I was young had jobs (and yes, some that had risks) when they were around that age. And again, I seriously doubt McDonald's has an application by these 10 year olds and an employee ID number. They were simply helping Dad which children often enjoy doing. I know I did when I was that age.

But the media knows how people like you will never question the source or the reporting. You saps just believe anything they print. That's why they do it.

Kids on family farms grow up working and develop a good work ethic.

If 13 yr olds are allowed to work, why can't 10 year olds? They are about the same physically, especially those darkies....they are basically big black bucks.....so why can't those kind of 10 year olds work?

You have a good point.
By 12 they should be shoveling coal and eating hay.

I'm just sick of this charade by the left always claiming "it's for the children!!!" Everything is for the children. Addressing climate change (as if man had any ability to control it) is for the children. Banning natural gas stoves is for the children. Mooochele making school cafeteria menus with food kids wouldn't dream of putting in their mouths is for the children. Disarming law abiding citizens is for the children. And now keeping child labor laws we have is for the children.

The truth of the matter is Democrats could give a shit less about the children unless they can use them for political props.

Now as to the OP, it's very vague at best. I would like to see the documentation that these 10 year olds were actual employees of the McDonald's. Kids being with their parents who are trying to keep then busy is not what I would consider a McDonald's employee. And it sounds like the franchise owners knew nothing about it.

But back to child labor laws: When I was a kid I joined the work/study program. I was about 12 at the time. They gave me a job at another city school. My routine job was to clean the pits. The pits were window wells in the ground about 5 feet deep. They were protected by rails so nobody accidentally fell in there. I would have to jump those rails, lower myself into the pits, and clean them out so if it rained, the sewer wasn't plugged and water going into the classrooms.

There were times I couldn't get out of the pits, especially if it was drizzling or snowing and I couldn't get a strong enough grip on the rail to pull myself out of them. It's not like they gave me a ladder or anything. But after a lot of struggle, I made it out.

from there I would collect the waste baskets out of the classrooms, take what I collected to the basement chute, and dump the trash down the chute. When I was finished, I had to go into the basement to the furnace, start a fire, and burn the garbage. I didn't mind that job because I was down there all alone next to the boilers and was able to catch a cigarette or two while in front of the flames.

Back in those days nobody had problems with children working. It was the best thing for us. I remember how proud I was to get my first check in my name on it by the school.
In College, a Student Lives Like a Child. So He Graduates With the Mind of a Child.

Tiger parents don't want their kids working because it would make the fact that college is work-without-pay insufferable. To get enough college graduates to serve them, the ruling class needs to make sure that the younger generation never grows up.

I was afraid of not growing up, so I dropped out of college and volunteered for combat in Vietnam. With my blood money from that I bought a car and used it during my brief stay at the University of Chicago. When I mentioned it in a group of students, one girl was astonished. "You have a car?" she said in a tone that would only be used by a normal girl her age if I had said I had my own private airplane. No normal girl over the age of 15 would have used that student's expression.

Employers are paying double the minimum wage without any force from the government proving the minimum wage is just another tool for the leftists to get votes.
Sure they are.
So, why are republicans against raising the minimum wage, when employers are paying twice that anyway?

14 year olds are not old enough to be working for an employer on a regular schedule. Summers mowing lawns etc is fine. We DONT need them in the workforce at this time. They aren't needed.

15 and under should not be working....ever. 16 for part time only none during school years except weekends
That depends on the teenager. Some are mature enough to work a job. Of course, they're usually found in rural areas where they've been exposed to real life and had chores to do since they were little, but they're there.

Children often had to work under very dangerous conditions. They lost limbs or fingers working on high powered machinery with little training. They worked in mines with bad ventilation and developed lung diseases. Sometimes they worked around dangerous chemicals where they became sick from the fumes.

Child Labor - Industrial Revolution - Ducksters​

child_labor_breaker_boys.jpg

Iowa Republicans voted just before 5 a.m. to roll back child ...​

1683294777577.png
Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News

Apr 18, 2023 — The Iowa Senate voted just before 5 a.m. to pass a bill that would roll back child labor laws. · The bill, if passed by the House, would allow ...

Darn, time for kids to clock out and get ready for their 8am class.

Sure they are.
So, why are republicans against raising the minimum wage, when employers are paying twice that anyway?

Because it won't last forever. In case you haven't noticed, higher wages means more inflation. If we ever get back to the point where jobs are more in demand than labor, companies won't be paying twice minimum wage.

Children often had to work under very dangerous conditions. They lost limbs or fingers working on high powered machinery with little training. They worked in mines with bad ventilation and developed lung diseases. Sometimes they worked around dangerous chemicals where they became sick from the fumes.

Child Labor - Industrial Revolution - Ducksters

child_labor_breaker_boys.jpg

Iowa Republicans voted just before 5 a.m. to roll back child ...

View attachment 782390
Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News
Apr 18, 2023 — The Iowa Senate voted just before 5 a.m. to pass a bill that would roll back child labor laws. · The bill, if passed by the House, would allow ...

Darn, time for kids to clock out and get ready for their 8am class.
From your link:

"The bill would allow sixteen and seventeen-year-olds to work until 9:00 p.m. during the school year and until 11:00 p.m. over the summer."

GASP! The horra, the horra of 16 and 17 year olds who want to work being able to work. It would seem that your hysterical bloviating is just that, bloviating. Tell me where this bill will bring back this that you wrote:

"Children often had to work under very dangerous conditions. They lost limbs or fingers working on high powered machinery with little training. They worked in mines with bad ventilation and developed lung diseases. Sometimes they worked around dangerous chemicals where they became sick from the fumes."

And those poor children in that picture, just horrible. Tell me, how will this bill bring back children that young looking like that after a shift in a coal mine? Be specific.

Forum List

Back