What is the Meaning of Friendship on USMB?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think I'm taking this Friendship Requests way too seriously, but please humor me for a moment.

If you're "friends" with someone, does that mean that you would be that person's friend in real life?

What if you get a request from someone that you agree with only half the time?

I wasn't too discriminating before, but I'm beginning to think maybe I should be.

What are your thoughts? Are you thinking I'm spending way too much time on USMB?

I think I'm taking this Friendship Requests way too seriously, but please humor me for a moment.

If you're "friends" with someone, does that mean that you would be that person's friend in real life?

I wasn't too discriminating before, but I'm beginning to think maybe I should be.

What are your thoughts? Are you thinking I'm spending way too much time on USMB?

I haven't figured out the "friend" thing either. Maybe it's like a My Space popularity contest.

Sometimes, I would be friends in real life, sometimes I befriended them in a rush of good feelings or a smaller collection of values.

I don't know what the "friends" thing is for. It's "friends" enough just being here and responding to various participants on the board.

I trust with anyone who would accept my invitation to be my Valentine--er I mean friend. :lol:

I still find it funny that you think friendship has to do with "agreement".

I still find it funny that you think friendship has to do with "agreement".

You gotta admit--it's tough to be buddies with someone doesn't share a lot of you values and viewpoints. I mean after all---why do you get pissed at me ? :lol:

You gotta admit--it's tough to be buddies with someone doesn't share a lot of you values and viewpoints. I mean after all---why do you get pissed at me ? :lol:

I got "pissed" at you, if you can call it that, because of what I perceived as a need to make constant anti-jewish comments. Didn't really rise to the level of pissed, though. Just couldn't be bothered. And that's different from not agreeing politically.

I got "pissed" at you, if you can call it that, because of what I perceived as a need to make constant anti-jewish comments. Didn't really rise to the level of pissed, though. Just couldn't be bothered. And that's different from not agreeing politically.

So why aren't we friends? I mean I absolutely agree with you on everything Jewish and Israeli.

She didn't say "politically" but I appreciate you accepting the fact that my comments on Israel and Jews are only what you perceive to be anti-Jewish.
I think anything and anyone is deserving of some scrutiny.

She didn't say "politically" but I appreciate you accepting the fact that my comments on Israel and Jews are only what you perceive to be anti-Jewish.
I think anything and anyone is deserving of some scrutiny.

except conspiracy theories about a ZOG are dangerous and silly.... I haven't forgotten all of the "noahide" garbage.

I don't really see an advantage to having friends, but I would never turn one down. On some message boards, having someone as a friend allows you to more easily see their posts and responses. You can also have access to their blog and personal areas of their profile. I don't believe that's the case here.

Would I be friends in real life with these people? Probably. There are very few wackjobs here that I would have to think twice about choosing them as friends in real life. I like people with strong opinions, although I usually end up making fun of them if there is a critical error in their logic.

Online ... friendship means little ... at least for a few years. After a few years if you still can call each other friends then perhaps. Real life is real friendship.

Send in your request, dude. I bet she'll add you too her list

She should send me the request. But she won't she claims I call her retarded, when the truth is I question her skill as a Lawyer based on some of the stupidest things I would expect to hear from someone that went through Law School.

She is a Lawyer and when asked to provide evidence Bush broke any laws? Her answer was she didn't have to cause, well, everyone just knows it.

She openly supported the Texas Child Welfare grab of over 400 children, 30 plus that were not even children. She argued that a State does not have to recognize another States Birth Certificate. She argued that because 3 to 6 girls might have been in danger that gave the State the right to seized almost 450 children ( again 36 were actually female adults) most of whom were male and almost all of whom were under the age of 10.

The claim was 14 to 16 year old females were forced into marriage. Yet the State seized boys, girls under the age of 12 and women. one of whom was 27, claiming they were teenagers. The State refused to honor Utah Birth Records and the presiding Judge denied them a day in court by having a mass court appearance with all the children's lawyers, almost none of whom could even talk to the Judge because they were in another room with TV connection.

By the way the Higher Courts in Texas all threw out the seizure as illegal and unwarranted and ordered the State to return the children and release the adults. Texas law was clear, only an imminient danger justified the seizure of children and there was no evidence that indicated any such danger.

Forum List

Back