What is the Meaning of Friendship on USMB?

She should send me the request. But she won't she claims I call her retarded, when the truth is I question her skill as a Lawyer based on some of the stupidest things I would expect to hear from someone that went through Law School.

She is a Lawyer and when asked to provide evidence Bush broke any laws? Her answer was she didn't have to cause, well, everyone just knows it.

She openly supported the Texas Child Welfare grab of over 400 children, 30 plus that were not even children. She argued that a State does not have to recognize another States Birth Certificate. She argued that because 3 to 6 girls might have been in danger that gave the State the right to seized almost 450 children ( again 36 were actually female adults) most of whom were male and almost all of whom were under the age of 10.

The claim was 14 to 16 year old females were forced into marriage. Yet the State seized boys, girls under the age of 12 and women. one of whom was 27, claiming they were teenagers. The State refused to honor Utah Birth Records and the presiding Judge denied them a day in court by having a mass court appearance with all the children's lawyers, almost none of whom could even talk to the Judge because they were in another room with TV connection.

By the way the Higher Courts in Texas all threw out the seizure as illegal and unwarranted and ordered the State to return the children and release the adults. Texas law was clear, only an imminient danger justified the seizure of children and there was no evidence that indicated any such danger.

IN that case I wouldn't hold my breath :lol:

I don't really see an advantage to having friends, but I would never turn one down. On some message boards, having someone as a friend allows you to more easily see their posts and responses. You can also have access to their blog and personal areas of their profile. I don't believe that's the case here.

Would I be friends in real life with these people? Probably. There are very few wackjobs here that I would have to think twice about choosing them as friends in real life. I like people with strong opinions, although I usually end up making fun of them if there is a critical error in their logic.

So you laugh at yourself often? How sweet. I'll have to be your friend. I like funny people. :cool:

Well, my handle is xsited1, under my name is "Yes, I'm just kidding" and my avatar is a cartoon character. Yes, I laugh at myself often.

I first read you name as existed, not excited. and I thought the avatar was a photo of your first born. I thought you meant you were kidding as in baby sitting.

go figure

I don't really see an advantage to having friends, but I would never turn one down. On some message boards, having someone as a friend allows you to more easily see their posts and responses. You can also have access to their blog and personal areas of their profile. I don't believe that's the case here.

Would I be friends in real life with these people? Probably. There are very few wackjobs here that I would have to think twice about choosing them as friends in real life. I like people with strong opinions, although I usually end up making fun of them if there is a critical error in their logic.

I could think of at least a handful of people whose request I would refuse without hesitation. :eusa_whistle:

I don't need to agree 100% with someone to be their friend. I have several rl friends that I disagree almost 100% politically so we just don't talk about politics. But even when something does slip out, no one gets mad or hits anyone with a bat. I think it's ok to have all kinds of friends, it broadens your horizons.

On here I've sent friend requests to people that were nice to me. Maybe it doesn't mean much, but I was just trying to be friendly.

I don't need to agree 100% with someone to be their friend. I have several rl friends that I disagree almost 100% politically so we just don't talk about politics. But even when something does slip out, no one gets mad or hits anyone with a bat. I think it's ok to have all kinds of friends, it broadens your horizons.

On here I've sent friend requests to people that were nice to me. Maybe it doesn't mean much, but I was just trying to be friendly.

You make an interesting point. If I didn't talk about politics, I would be friends with a lot people on this board. Yes, making friends does broaden your horizons.

I've been pretty successful in the past of transitioning some virtual friendships into real friendships. But some people are very suspicious toward friendly people. They think that everybody is out to do them harm.

Amanda, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just curious. Why would a young, attractive, intelligent girl would want to spend time on a message board when you are free to do as you please? I'm sure you have friends and you must get hit on a lot with your pretty looks.

Last edited:
You make an interesting point. If I didn't talk about politics, I would be friends with a lot people on this board. Yes, making friends does broaden your horizons.

I've been pretty successful in the past of transitioning some virtual friendships into real friendships. But some people are very suspicious toward friendly people. They think that everybody is out to do them harm.

Amanda, please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just curious. Why would a young, attractive, intelligent girl would want to spend time on a message board when you are free to do as you please? I'm sure you have friends and you must get hit on a lot with your pretty looks.

I mostly post from work and when I'm waiting for my bf to come get me at home. When I'm at work I have people screaming at me in my headset as I type here, it's pretty funny to think about. The madder they get the less I listen. At home I don't watch TV or anything, so I listen to music and post here.

Some nights I'm still at work, like right now, and it's even easier to post because our phones go really quiet but we still run a 24/7 call center. But I'm outta here in about 20 minutes and you won't here another peep out of me until tomorrow.

I never really thought about how much time I spend on here. If I wasn't doing this I'd just be updating a Facebook or MySpace page all day. I also spend a lot of time at church, so you won't see me much on Saturdays or Sundays or some week nights if we have an activity that I'm involved in.

I mostly post from work and when I'm waiting for my bf to come get me at home. When I'm at work I have people screaming at me in my headset as I type here, it's pretty funny to think about. The madder they get the less I listen. At home I don't watch TV or anything, so I listen to music and post here.

Some nights I'm still at work, like right now, and it's even easier to post because our phones go really quiet but we still run a 24/7 call center. But I'm outta here in about 20 minutes and you won't here another peep out of me until tomorrow.

I never really thought about how much time I spend on here. If I wasn't doing this I'd just be updating a Facebook or MySpace page all day. I also spend a lot of time at church, so you won't see me much on Saturdays or Sundays or some week nights if we have an activity that I'm involved in.

I suspect a lot of people post from work to pass the time.

Me, I'm homebound a lot of the time, and this is the best way to meet interesting people while avoiding the weirdos (well sometimes).

See you later. I have a bad headache and I'm going to bed. :)

Forum List

Back