What is the main issue driving your decision???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bonnie, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    on who you will vote for vote? Is it Home security, the economy, the war, character?????????

2. ChrisH

ChrisH Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Some of all of those.
    I think Bush has handled our national security well. No attacks since 9/11, and he has gone after the terrorists, showing them they cannot and will not mess with us.

He has gotten our economy out of a recession, and considering all things; 9/11, war and a recession not long ago, our economy is doing very, very well!

The war may be viewed by liberals as wrong, but I believe it has been handled well. We removed an evil dictator. We replaced a regime. We have liberated two contries, at that. Less have died in this war than have died to this point in any war of the past. Less have died in this war than have died in the city of Detroit this year. We are fighting the terrorists in Iraq, not the Iraqis, the actual Iraqis are glad we are there. Considering 9/11, and the intelligence not only from the U.S., but other countries, I believe Pres. Bush saw a threat, and had to act!

Bush has 10 times the character than Kerry. I would like to see Kerry actually answer a question without immediately attacking Bush. Kerry has been about one attack and one lie after another in his campaign. Kerry has not taken a stance on an issue, that he has stuck with, that I personally have seen. The democrats can say Kerry does not flip-flopp or change views, but he clearly does, he is on tape after tape doing so. Bush is a Christian who stands by his faith and beliefs, when he makes a decision he sticks with it. Kerry has not shown me that he is a man of character. And, with the Cheney's daughter comment, he ruined ever having me gain much respect with him. He and Edwards are obviously playing dirty politics, say anything to get elected game. It also disturbs me that he is now blaming Bush for the flu shot shortage. :mad:

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Don't believe I have a single issue. National security, immigration reform, less government growth, a sound economy, controlling income tax rates, energy, environment, military strength are just some of the issue which concern me.

If I had to distill this particular election down to just one single issue, I would say that it boils down to character. I trust George Bush, I neither trust nor respect John Kerry or the Democratic party.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Merlin, that is exactly how I feel.........none of it means a thing without someone who has character in office. :beer:

5. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    I am seeking to limit spending in the Federal Goverment as much as possible. While Bush spends too much, Kerry promises to spend far more. I also do not believe that Federal Health Care at any level should be a goal of ours, I believe that there would be issues after cost increases fueled by the fact that the plan hasn't enough cost decreases. If one part is federalized at some point I believe all of it would be as well, this would stifle new discoveries and create problems with access to new and beneficial research.

The Government should be the least intrusive possible to allow the most freedoms, not a nanny or caregiver.

I also believe that we would be left alone in Iraq after Kerry's inane drivel about bribed and coerced allies as proven by the fact that Poland spoke out against that kind of thinking and warned about the vote in January to see if they would continue with the coalition.

While I believe that we should not be in Iraq, it would be a worse mistake to leave or to attempt to go it alone. Kerry's direct insults to our allies more than worries me.

6. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I've never been a one issue voter, but there are some obvious things that move to the front this election year. The war on terror, national security, and the economy/personal tax. Plus, simple trust. I trust George W. Bush, I don't trust John Kerry.

More and more we hear talk about our allies from John Kerry. Problem is the "allies" he's talking about have proved themselves not to be allies at all. Meanwhile, he insults and polarizes the allies that have stood by us. That's not a leader, and that's not what I want from a Commander-in-Chief.

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    I respect everyone's right to his own opinion on this, but I vote a straight Republican ticket. It's real easy. In the crunch, they're all going to adhere to their respective party lines anyway. I don't have a problem with this; it makes them very easy to understand. The fundamental principles of the Republican Party are pretty much in line with my own - not perfectly, of course - but close enough that I don't wake up screaming in the night at the thought of their being in power.

Even if none of this were true, though, President Bush has earned my vote solely on the strength of his character. When he talks, I believe him. You can't buy that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My main concerns are National Security and the economy.

I feel Iraq will play out as it is supposed to. The major conflict is over and now its insurgents to deal with, and they will be dealt with. Im not too worried about that..

However I am worried about my health care prices (for myself and my girl), Im worried about all these "terror alerts" and the scale moving as officials please ... orange..yellow..orange...red...orange..yellow.. constantly making me nervous (btw, i LOATHE the terror scale). if there's such an issue in security, THEN LETS BEEF THAT SHIT UP. im tired of president bush telling me im not secure here. this in NO WAY means im voting Kerry on that issue.. because I dont even think he has a plan for that. To me, this is all bullshit. if we are so insecure here, that should be our main goal. It always seems like the entire world is so much more important than our own country.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,207
    Im not sure there is a main issue. im not a one issue person. but number one responsibility of the President is national security. and We cant have a strong national security without a man with a strong character in the Presidency. So i figure those two would tops.

10. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    it's easy...GWB kicks ass... :) when he's not spending billions on medicare, or allowing illegals to have 'rights'. :(