What Is The Best Way To Deal With Street Protesters That Hold Up Traffic?

How would you deal with a street protest that was keeping you from getting to work?

• Stop and wait for the cops

• Drive over them

• Tackle and body-slam them and take their pants off

• Roll over them with a steam roller

• Break out my softball bat and go to town

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

What Is The Best Way To Deal With Street Protesters That Hold Up Traffic?​

It's the only way to be sure ...

640px-DavyCrockettBomb.jpg

How would you deal with a street protest that was keeping you from getting to work?

Just put the car in gear and let it slowly pull forward. They wont be able to stop it but it wont go fast enough to harm them.

Of course if the scratch or ding my car then the baseball bat option becomes necessary

The issue is that most people don't think like that.

And ironically those same people. Use double standards Based on who's doing the protesting.

The democrats who. Support these protesters would be angered if it were republican protesters blocking streets. And the same Republican posters on this very site. Who? Are outright? Calling for people to run them over in the street would be completely supportive of any republican protesters who were doing the same thing.

Republicans and democrats are really the same. They're all stupid pieces of s***.
Well I know Republicans and even some Democrats who are capable of thinking critically, don't engage in group think, and are not anything close to pieces of s***. And they would likely not completely agree on how to handle those kinds of protests. Everyone is probably guilty of a bit of hyperbole now and then.

I think all should not be judged by opinions of a few on a message board.

The only reason you would fear for your life is because this is America, where the protestors are protected by police.
But in Peru some schmuck pulled something like this and they literally tore him limb from limb.
That's the way America used to be.
I remember when if you pulled a stunt like this, the only thing beating you to the hospital would be the headlights of the ambulance that takes you there. We'd beat the crap out of you. But the left has the police protecting these degenerates.
Well if they handle things like that in that way in Peru, I can't condone that. :)

And yes there used to be some serious altercations between opposing groups in America but those were usually labor disputes, strike breakers and such. But from the Watts riots and onward, usually the violence has been pretty one sided with the protesters committing most of it.

The few demonstrations I have joined though were organized and managed by people who did not provoke violence, did not allow hateful signs or behavior. We were careful not to interfere with pedestrian or vehicle traffic, did not block entrances to businesses, were pleasant and courteous and not threatening in any way. I will defend that anytime, anywhere.

But I don't care which side is doing it. Those who harm, endanger, threaten or interfere with innocent bystanders going about their lives are wrong and should be subject to penalty of law.

Take a different route to work. It's not that hard, or hard to figure out.

If you came upon a wreck of 12 vehicles you would find another way around it, knowing that otherwise emergency vehicles would have you sitting there for 45 minutes. This is no different, other than your impotent rage.

You dumb OX. In commute traffic by the time you are near it you are boxed in. Get off the boards you dope.

Look for a job in a different city because the current system is on the side of the protesters and you will find yourself behind bars if you defend yourself.

I have actually encountered that twice in my lifetime. I recommend people turn around and find a route around the demonstration. If the demonstrators/protesters become militant and aggressive, that could save you from bodily harm or even being murdered.

I also find little justification for unlawfully blocking traffic, disrupting normal commerce, or otherwise making innocent people's lives harder, more complicated, miserable and those doing it should be subject to arrest or substantial fines.

Ain't no way to turn around in CA traffic. Instant gridlock. If you're near the front prepare to have your car damaged. Or get out and fight.

Just put the car in gear and let it slowly pull forward. They wont be able to stop it but it wont go fast enough to harm them.

Of course if the scratch or ding my car then the baseball bat option becomes necessary

I've seen them chained together to guardrails across HWY1 in NorCal with thousands behind the chained group.

There was no easy answer.

I've seen them chained together to guardrails across HWY1 in NorCal with thousands behind the chained group.

There was no easy answer.

I admit I have never seen that. Usual it's just idiots with signs sitting or standing around.

Im fairly confident that chaning up and blocking traffic is a felony in mmost states and should be treated as such.

Ain't no way to turn around in CA traffic. Instant gridlock. If you're near the front prepare to have your car damaged. Or get out and fight.
I suppose that could be true a lot of places and I'm sure that's how many innocent people become victims in these demonstrations of sociopathic stupidity. But if I'm near the front I don't have to keep driving toward the mob. If necessary I abandon my car and retreat with my life and that of any passengers intact. I may have been extra lucky in seeing the situation in time to turn away from it.

But then again, there is no way I am going to sit there passively and have me and/or my passengers attacked. So if they're approaching with ball bats or worse and there is no other option to me, I will drive through them and take my chances of injuring somebody.

The really pathetic thing is that in our current judicial system, if I do that, it is far more likely that I will be charged with assault or murder than will be those threatening me.

Last edited:
I admit I have never seen that. Usual it's just idiots with signs sitting or standing around.

Im fairly confident that chaning up and blocking traffic is a felony in mmost states and should be treated as such.
I agree. Until we start jailing or fining these idiots, they have no incentive to stop doing it.

I suppose that could be true a lot of places and I'm sure that's how many innocent people become victims in these demonstrations of sociopathic stupidity. But if I'm near the front I don't have to keep driving toward the mob. If necessary I abandon my car and retreat with my life and that of any passengers intact. I may have been extra lucky in seeing the situation in time to turn away from it.

If they dont pick a good spot you can get around, or as you say pull off the road and walk away. But what if you were on an important trip? Or sick kid to hospital?

If they dont pick a good spot you can get around, or as you say pull off the road and walk away. But what if you were on an important trip? Or sick kid to hospital?
I wouldn't do it any differently. But again, if there is no choice to avoid the conflict and I am in fear of my life, I drive through them and take my chances on injuring or killing somebody. I fully support and defend any law abiding citizen's right to defend himself or herself and his/her passengers.

Forum List

Back