What is scary or offensive to you about Islam?

Why do you hate it or fear it or object to it?

What bothers me most about Islam is the compulsory nature of it.

It intends to gain control over all the other religions and governments and laws and I don't want to be told what I must do by Muslims who believe they are better than I because they are Muslim.

I object to Islam and the practice of its dogma and traditions because of the harsh nature of Islam as a whole. The punishment for leaving Islam is death, in fact the punishment for many so called "crimes" is death under Sharia Law. Women are not given an equal standing in Muslim society and the teachings of the Koran have produced a morbid idolization of death. Death in defense of the faith. The mode of thinking that Islam produces is harmful to the growth and progress of a society and we can see its effects quite clearly. Islam is probably the youngest religion on this planet and yet it has already taken the Middle East, the birthplace of the scientific method and a hub of idea exchange and truth seeking, and turned it into an oppressive wasteland of religious dogma and mass murder.

Ok so this faith may be the worst of them all but to a degree the things you hate about this faith I hate about all the other faiths including christianity. Even the concept that god sent his son to be a human sacrifice and sends people who don't believe to hell. They are all sick twisted stories.

The effect it has on rightwing nitwits who see 'jihadists' hiding under every bed.

Nah, we just don't want to have to tolerate any of the typical Islamic baggage that comes with Muslim populations.

Racism against Jews, for example.

Trying to blur the similar dynamics between Ferguson and Gaza.

Honor killings.

All of the Muslim crap needs to stay out of American society.

Why do you hate it or fear it or object to it?

What bothers me most about Islam is the compulsory nature of it.

It intends to gain control over all the other religions and governments and laws and I don't want to be told what I must do by Muslims who believe they are better than I because they are Muslim.

I object to Islam and the practice of its dogma and traditions because of the harsh nature of Islam as a whole. The punishment for leaving Islam is death, in fact the punishment for many so called "crimes" is death under Sharia Law. Women are not given an equal standing in Muslim society and the teachings of the Koran have produced a morbid idolization of death. Death in defense of the faith. The mode of thinking that Islam produces is harmful to the growth and progress of a society and we can see its effects quite clearly. Islam is probably the youngest religion on this planet and yet it has already taken the Middle East, the birthplace of the scientific method and a hub of idea exchange and truth seeking, and turned it into an oppressive wasteland of religious dogma and mass murder.

Ok so this faith may be the worst of them all but to a degree the things you hate about this faith I hate about all the other faiths including christianity. Even the concept that god sent his son to be a human sacrifice and sends people who don't believe to hell. They are all sick twisted stories.

Oh, make no mistake I hate all faiths for the same reasons as well, with the exception of Buddhism and Jainism which I respect as non-violent philosophies along with a few others.

The effect it has on rightwing nitwits who see 'jihadists' hiding under every bed.

Nah, we just don't want to have to tolerate any of the typical Islamic baggage that comes with Muslim populations.

Honor killings.

My brother lives in Dearborn, MI the Muslim capital of America. I see no problem with those people.

Do you see? If you put people in a safe country with religious freedoms the Muslims to to their mosques on Sunday and you go to your church and jews go to their synagogs and everyone leaves everyone else alone.

And although I have seen and heard about American crazies going into synagogs and mosques and terrorizing those people, I haven't seen a lot of Arab Americans bothering any Christian churches. I guess Al Queda may start doing that one day but so far not. And I won't feel unsafe because I don't go to church.

Don't get me wrong I don't like a lot of young muslim American men at all. They hang around in gangs and they are very mean when they go out. At least that is the experience I've had with them here in Metro Detroit. And to be honest, I've had just as much if not more problems with Chaldeans. Those are Iraqi Christians. So I shouldn't put it all on Muslims. Maybe I dislike young arab Americans in general. They need to civilize themselves and assimilate more into our culture. They will in a couple/few generations just like every other foreigner that comes here. Even the Mexicans will assimilate.

Know who I feel bad for? The blacks. A foreigner like my dad can come here and right away he had it better than the blacks just because of the color of his skin. Despite his thick accent he still had it better than blacks. Sure he/we had to deal with hillbilly racists whites but in their eyes we were white enough.

My father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and performed the inland "mop-up" during which they encountered four Banzai charges. There was something about the way he described those suicidal attacks that stuck with me. He would say there is nothing more scary than someone who is ready and willing to die just to kill you. He said if that won't make you piss your pants, nothing will.

The thing that stood out most about the 9/11 attack are the nineteen healthy young shahids who were willing to sacrifice their own lives just to strike at us. That bizarre reality is difficult for the Western mind to comprehend. There is something very mystical about it and I'm not ashamed to say it scares the hell out of me.

That reality is why I am so anxious for the U.S. to get the hell out of the Middle East and draw a red line between us and those fanatical Islamists. We need to leave them alone and let them go on killing each other off as they've done for centuries. Because if we don't there will be more 9/11s. I have no doubt of that and it does worry me.

In the simplest terms, I do not fuck with someone who is ready to die. That is truly scary, because they will do things we are incapable of anticipating.

You and me both. It is that kind of mindset that is so detrimental to the future of mankind and our progress as a society.

Honor killings.

My brother lives in Dearborn, MI the Muslim capital of America. I see no problem with those people.

Do you see? If you put people in a safe country with religious freedoms the Muslims to to their mosques on Sunday and you go to your church and jews go to their synagogs and everyone leaves everyone else alone.

And although I have seen and heard about American crazies going into synagogs and mosques and terrorizing those people, I haven't seen a lot of Arab Americans bothering any Christian churches. I guess Al Queda may start doing that one day but so far not. And I won't feel unsafe because I don't go to church.

The idea many loyal Americans have trouble conceptualizing is the point made to a very enthusiastic audience (the crowd gave her a standing ovation!) by Brigitte Gabriel. She says that moderate Muslims are irrelevant.

They are helping the stealth Jihad movement in America just by being here.

Their combined numbers gives them the right to representation and they can place increased demands on our government and our infrastructure.

And with so many Americans wanting to be fair to them they bend over backwards and allow Muslims privileges and courtesies that NO group should command...especially one which intends to destroy our system of government and make us change our way of life to suit them.

Forget the Five Pillars of Islam. It is the Five Stages of Islam that threaten the fundamental freedoms of Western Democracy. Freedoms which include freedom of thought, expression, and association and the crucial derived right of freedom of the press. We should never forget that "Islam" means submission -- the opposite of self-determination and Enlightenment values.

Six years ago Dr. Peter Hammond published a remarkable book which included a statistical study of the correlation between Muslim to non-Muslim population ratios and the transition from conciliatory Islam to fascist Islam. The stages are the same in 2011 but the demographics have changed to show an alarming progression. Many European nations and the U.S. are on the cusp of moving to a higher bracket. The demographics change but the story is the same. First comes the taqiyya and the kitman; then comes the Sword of Islam. Imam Rauf, the Ground Zero Mosque promoter, is the current master of taqiyya. He has gulled everyone from Bloomberg to Maureen Dowd of the NYT -- who fanaticizes over male Muslims. Expect doppelgangers of Khomeini for stage 5 and Islamic PEACE at last.

Stage 1. Establish a Beachhead

Population density à 2% (US, Australia, Canada).

Muslims are conciliatory, deferential but request harmless special treatment (foot bath facilities, removal/elimination of that which is offensive to delicate Muslim sensibilities - like walking dogs near Mosques).

Stage 2. Establish Outposts

Population density 2% - 5% (UK, Germany, Denmark).

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. A recent example is that of Sheikh Abdullah el-Faisal who is back in Jamaica after being kicked out of the UK. Sound harmless? Read on:

The dispatch, dated February 2010, warns that that Jamaica could be fertile ground for jihadists because of its underground drug economy, marginalized youth, insufficient security and gang networks in U.S. and British prisons.

Stage 3. Establish Sectional Control of Major Cities.

Population density 5% - 10% (France, Sweden, Netherlands).

First comes the demand for halal food in supermarkets, and the blocking of streets for prayers; then comes the demand for self rule (within their ghettos) under Sharia. When Muslims approach 10% of the population the demands turn to lawlessness. In Paris, we are already seeing car-burnings. Any criticism of Islam results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam. In France which may be over the 10% range, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrassas. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death.

Stage 4. Establish Regional Control.

Population density 20% - 50% (Europe 2020?).

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues.

Stage 5. Total Control, Brutal Suppression, and Dhimmitude.

Population density > 50%.

Unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and jizya, the tax placed on infidels. As Muslim population levels increase and all infidels cower in submission there will peace at last. Dar al-Islam is achieved and everyone lives under Sharia and the Koran is the only word.

Our current Western world leaders are suckered by taqiyya and kitman and steering us into stage 3. Allen West seems to get it but I can't see that any of the crop of current GOP contenders really get it. Fear of bigotry at stage 2 is the Islamists' greatest weapon. Crucified on the cross of bigotry -- is that the future of the Western democracies? Bigotry is only bigotry if it is out of touch with reality and it is the suckers who believe the stage 1-2 peace pitch of Islam who are the ones who are out of touch with reality -- not to mention our mesmerized President. The first GOP candidate who announces to Imam Rauf and his supporters, "Fine. A Mosque at ground zero. But how about a cathedral in Mecca first? It is part of our Christian outreach program of bridge building." will be the first to get it and a big boost in the polls.

Articles The Five Stages of Islam

My father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and performed the inland "mop-up" during which they encountered four Banzai charges. There was something about the way he described those suicidal attacks that stuck with me. He would say there is nothing more scary than someone who is ready and willing to die just to kill you. He said if that won't make you piss your pants, nothing will.

The thing that stood out most about the 9/11 attack are the nineteen healthy young shahids who were willing to sacrifice their own lives just to strike at us. That bizarre reality is difficult for the Western mind to comprehend. There is something very mystical about it and I'm not ashamed to say it scares the hell out of me.

That reality is why I am so anxious for the U.S. to get the hell out of the Middle East and draw a red line between us and those fanatical Islamists. We need to leave them alone and let them go on killing each other off as they've done for centuries. Because if we don't there will be more 9/11s. I have no doubt of that and it does worry me.

In the simplest terms, I do not fuck with someone who is ready to die. That is truly scary, because they will do things we are incapable of anticipating.

You and me both. It is that kind of mindset that is so detrimental to the future of mankind and our progress as a society.

People who are desperate will do desperate things. If they grew up with comfortable happy middle class parents, chances are they wouldn't have turned out to be radicals. Also keep in mind it was radical religion that convinced them to do it. This is one of the reasons I say religion is no good for people. Makes them dumb. They do crazy things for an invisible man that doesn't even exist.

Look at the blacks in poor American communities. They walk in to party stores and steal. They talk back to the cops who have guns. They kill each other daily. If they didn't live in the ghetto they wouldn't be like that. So we should hope that the Middle east will go through a civil war and democracy will take over. But we can't force it on them. And with the poor blacks in America, we need to make sure jobs are available and the schools are properly funded.

It isn't going to be a one generation fix. It is going to take GENERATIONS to get us out of our inner city messes and for these arab animals to evolve.

But notice crazy shit doesn't happen in your neighborhood or my neighborhood. Know why? Good communities, good jobs, good schools, safe, cops, fire departments, we pay taxes and we have good social services. In the middle east the masses are very poor, no? And in the ghetto the blacks are very poor no? So fix that!

I agree with your points.

However, how much time do you think we will buy ourselves from being the unquestioned #1 target of Islamist aggression by hiding in our corners of the World, never to set foot in THEIR part of the World...that part of the World you would just cede them?

How long before we have to face the inevitable, in your opinion?

And what about OUR Global interests and reputation in the meantime?
I would think hiding in our corner of the world with a great big hydrogen bomb in our hand is a pretty good position to be in. All Islamists are not suicidal. Only the fanatics are and they are the minority. If the majority of Islamists see us as willing to mind our own business but able to vaporize them all, they will do what is necessary to constrain their fanatical element.

The problem now is they see us as a meddling aggressor and intrusive threat. Eliminate that impression and things will change dramatically. Stop giving them cause to ignore or approve of their fanatical element's response to our aggressive posture.

The United States carries a very big stick but our mistake is not walking softly -- which could be our undoing. We need to calculate our global interests in terms of their effect on our survival potential.

I agree. Many people hold to the misconception that the Muslim world harbors hatred toward America purely because of religious differences but that is not the case. Their animosity towards us is largely the result of our actions in that part of the world after the second Word War to now. Back then we were at best, accessories to imperialism in that region and at worst guilty of it ourselves.

However, how much time do you think we will buy ourselves from being the unquestioned #1 target of Islamist aggression by hiding in our corners of the World, never to set foot in THEIR part of the World...that part of the World you would just cede them?

I would think hiding in our corner of the world with a great big hydrogen bomb in our hand is a pretty good position to be in. All Islamists are not suicidal. Only the fanatics are and they are the minority. If the majority of Islamists see us as willing to mind our own business but able to vaporize them all, they will do what is necessary to constrain their fanatical element.

The problem now is they see us as a meddling aggressor and intrusive threat. Eliminate that impression and things will change dramatically. Stop giving them cause to ignore or approve of their fanatical element's response to our aggressive posture.

The United States carries a very big stick but our mistake is not walking softly -- which could be our undoing. We need to calculate our global interests in terms of their effect on our survival potential.

I agree. Many people hold to the misconception that the Muslim world harbors hatred toward America purely because of religious differences but that is not the case. Their animosity towards us is largely the result of our actions in that part of the world after the second Word War to now. Back then we were at best, accessories to imperialism in that region and at worst guilty of it ourselves.

Ever see Lawrence of Arabia? I agree.

That idea was never really true. Soon the US began to realize having a potent H-Bomb wasn't going to act as a deterrent to any powers but Superpowers who had as much to lose as the USA did.

Smaller threats and bad actors knew we wouldn't and won't use nukes in any but the end of the world scenarios.

Saddam's invasion of Kuwait which G.H.W. Bush 41 reversed using conventional weapons.

Had we only a nuke in our arsenal Saddam would be alive today.

Rogue dictators, jihadist groups and enemies of all types could feel free to do whatever they wanted if all we had was an H-Bomb.

[...]

Neville Chamberlain would be impressed.

Neville Chamberlain didn't have a arsenal of doomsday weapons and the means of delivering them anywhere in the world.

Imagine you are President and you are made aware of an organization of American fanatics who are determined to conduct terrorist attacks on Russia -- a nation which is easily capable of vaporizing us. What would you do?

Depends on our diplomatic relationship at the time.

...People who are desperate will do desperate things. If they grew up with comfortable happy middle class parents, chances are they wouldn't have turned out to be radicals. Also keep in mind it was radical religion that convinced them to do it. This is one of the reasons I say religion is no good for people. Makes them dumb. They do crazy things for an invisible man that doesn't even exist.

...If they grew up with comfortable happy middle class parents, chances are they wouldn't have turned out to be radicals.

MIKEK, when will you stop trying to 'wing it' when it comes to talking about Islam?

You are saying things which tell me you don't know what you are talking about and haven't bothered studying anything about the subject in a great many months, if ever.

The belief you expressed isn't true at all.

Both before and after the 9/11 attacks, numerous studies have looked at the economic and educational backgrounds of Islamic terrorists. One investigation by Princeton-trained economist Claude Berrebi analyzed 335 members of the Palestinian terror groups, Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The terrorists surveyed were mainly shahids, or "martyrs," who had died while waging jihad against Israel between 1987 and 2002. Berrebi discovered that 16 percent of those terrorists could be classified as poor, compared to 31 percent of the male Muslim population (between the ages 18 and 41) in the Palestinian territories as a whole. Conversely, 33 percent of the terrorists could be considered “well off,” compared to only 20 percent of Palestinian adult males in that same age group. And another 10 percent of the terrorists were “very well off” according to the survey, as opposed to virtually 0 percent of Palestinian males overall who fit that same description. The study also indicated that the Palestinian terrorists were generally more highly educated than the typical male in the Palestinian population at large.

Given the evidence, Berrebi concluded: “If there is a link between income level, education and participation in terrorist activities, it is either very weak or in the opposite direction of what one intuitively might have expected.”

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=550

Last edited:
The worst thing about Islam has to be having to wipe your ass with an uneven number of rocks like Mohammed described. It must be hard to flush rocks down the toilet.

Delta4embassy, in reply to your post number 10 ( I don't know how to quote it yet) You refer to the quran sura 2.256, "there shall be no compulsion in religion". But you also need to read the following verse 2.257 which says that unbelievers will burn in eternal hellfire. Do you call that a real choice?

I think the worst thing about Islam is that it makes God out to be a sadistic monster, There are many verses in the Quran about the terrible tortures in hellfire, and that this will be for all eternity. The Quran says people will have their skin burnt off then renewed and burnt off again for all eternity, and that they will have boiling liquids poured on them that will melt their insides as well as their skins. As far as I am concerned this is all the evil lies of Muhammad who made it all up to scare people into following him and fighting his wars for him. Islam is a curse on mankind, and it needs to be seen to be evil lies about God. I do not hate Muslims I pity them, they are slaves to a false God.

This difference between Islam there and right winger's Christianity here is the government is on our side and prevents right winger's Christianity from being as violent as Islam.

does anybody read deuteronomy? much of this evil book says the same tactics as the koran only much more subversive. anybody deny it's the jewish creed of domination? non assimilation? world domination just as muslims want?

does anybody read deuteronomy? much of this evil book says the same tactics as the koran only much more subversive. anybody deny it's the jewish creed of domination? non assimilation? world domination just as muslims want?

In fact, many Muslims read the Bible. Jesus is a prophet to them. I was once told Mary was the only women mentioned by name in the Koran. Islam, along with Judaism and Christianity is considered one of the Arabamic religions. All three see Abraham as instrument in the creation of their religion. No wonder they share so much.

Forum List

Back