What is scary or offensive to you about Islam?

Delta, Muhammad's early teachings were about peace and in his early period, he did cite that there should be no compulsion in religion, however, Muslims who consider the Quran to be the true word of god, also believe that Muhammad's latter teachings supercede his earlier teachings and so, hatred, bigotry, violence and murder were his latter teachings to his followers.

My father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and performed the inland "mop-up" during which they encountered four Banzai charges. There was something about the way he described those suicidal attacks that stuck with me. He would say there is nothing more scary than someone who is ready and willing to die just to kill you. He said if that won't make you piss your pants, nothing will.

The thing that stood out most about the 9/11 attack are the nineteen healthy young shahids who were willing to sacrifice their own lives just to strike at us. That bizarre reality is difficult for the Western mind to comprehend. There is something very mystical about it and I'm not ashamed to say it scares the hell out of me.

That reality is why I am so anxious for the U.S. to get the hell out of the Middle East and draw a red line between us and those fanatical Islamists. We need to leave them alone and let them go on killing each other off as they've done for centuries. Because if we don't there will be more 9/11s. I have no doubt of that and it does worry me.

In the simplest terms, I do not fuck with someone who is ready to die. That is truly scary, because they will do things we are incapable of anticipating.

I worked counter terrorism during the Baader-Meinhof era. Ideological terrorists are quite a different breed of animal than terrorists motivated by their gods. You can negotiate with one group. The other group knows they are sanctioned by a "higher power" and will be rewarded for their sacrifice. Yeah, they scare the hell out of me, too.

Why do you hate it or fear it or object to it?

What bothers me most about Islam is the compulsory nature of it.

It intends to gain control over all the other religions and governments and laws and I don't want to be told what I must do by Muslims who believe they are better than I because they are Muslim.

Muslims have culled out a Christian town in the mountains of Iraq and have given the town 2 choices. Come down off the mountain and be murdered, or stay on the mountain and we'll starve you to death. They would give the same options to Estes Park, Co. if there were enough of them to enforce it.
I find that offensive.

My father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and performed the inland "mop-up" during which they encountered four Banzai charges. There was something about the way he described those suicidal attacks that stuck with me. He would say there is nothing more scary than someone who is ready and willing to die just to kill you. He said if that won't make you piss your pants, nothing will.

The thing that stood out most about the 9/11 attack are the nineteen healthy young shahids who were willing to sacrifice their own lives just to strike at us. That bizarre reality is difficult for the Western mind to comprehend. There is something very mystical about it and I'm not ashamed to say it scares the hell out of me.

That reality is why I am so anxious for the U.S. to get the hell out of the Middle East and draw a red line between us and those fanatical Islamists. We need to leave them alone and let them go on killing each other off as they've done for centuries. Because if we don't there will be more 9/11s. I have no doubt of that and it does worry me.

In the simplest terms, I do not fuck with someone who is ready to die. That is truly scary, because they will do things we are incapable of anticipating.

I agree with your points.

However, how much time do you think we will buy ourselves from being the unquestioned #1 target of Islamist aggression by hiding in our corners of the World, never to set foot in THEIR part of the World...that part of the World you would just cede them?

How long before we have to face the inevitable, in your opinion?

And what about OUR Global interests and reputation in the meantime?
I would think hiding in our corner of the world with a great big hydrogen bomb in our hand is a pretty good position to be in. All Islamists are not suicidal. Only the fanatics are and they are the minority. If the majority of Islamists see us as willing to mind our own business but able to vaporize them all, they will do what is necessary to constrain their fanatical element.

The problem now is they see us as a meddling aggressor and intrusive threat. Eliminate that impression and things will change dramatically. Stop giving them cause to ignore or approve of their fanatical element's response to our aggressive posture.

The United States carries a very big stick but our mistake is not walking softly -- which could be our undoing. We need to calculate our global interests in terms of their effect on our survival potential.

I agree with your points.

However, how much time do you think we will buy ourselves from being the unquestioned #1 target of Islamist aggression by hiding in our corners of the World, never to set foot in THEIR part of the World...that part of the World you would just cede them?

How long before we have to face the inevitable, in your opinion?

And what about OUR Global interests and reputation in the meantime?
I would think hiding in our corner of the world with a great big hydrogen bomb in our hand is a pretty good position to be in. All Islamists are not suicidal. Only the fanatics are and they are the minority. If the majority of Islamists see us as willing to mind our own business but able to vaporize them all, they will do what is necessary to constrain their fanatical element.

The problem now is they see us as a meddling aggressor and intrusive threat. Eliminate that impression and things will change dramatically. Stop giving them cause to ignore or approve of their fanatical element's response to our aggressive posture.

The United States carries a very big stick but our mistake is not walking softly -- which could be our undoing. We need to calculate our global interests in terms of their effect on our survival potential.

Neville Chamberlain would be impressed.

ISLAM OR DEATH!!! IS demon inspired idea sweeping the mid-east and they would love to bring that false religion to take over the USA!!

Well, that's due in part that not every human being, including Muslims, have the heart to kill people.

That's one of the tasks Jihad addresses. It calls upon each follower to strive to do more, faster, higher, farther...better, so that Islam might be progressed toward the ultimate goal of global domination.

If you can't bring yourself to become a suicide bomber, strive for that goal by, first, learning how to build suicide bombs and helping fit them on others who are more capable, Jihad-wise.

Oh, and Islam inspires in many (most? ALL???) of it's followers this nasty, niggling, character flaw.

Anti-Semitism.

Too many of them are blood-thirsty racist bigots.

It intends to gain control over all the other religions and governments and laws and I don't want to be told what I must do by Muslims who believe they are better than I because they are Muslim.

Muslims have culled out a Christian town in the mountains of Iraq and have given the town 2 choices. Come down off the mountain and be murdered, or stay on the mountain and we'll starve you to death. They would give the same options to Estes Park, Co. if there were enough of them to enforce it.
I find that offensive.

Yup.

4. Islam commands its followers to create a government that supports it. This may be one of the most ingenious ideas in the whole collection. Islam is the only religion that uses it. Other groups of religious people have had political aspirations, but no other major religious group orders its followers — as a religious duty — to create a government that follows its own system of law.

Islam has a system of law, called Sharia, and all Muslims are obligated to continually strive to make their government — wherever they are — follow it. Because of some of the other ideas added to Islam, you will see that this political addition to the idea-collection has significant consequences.

Not only is this perhaps Islam's most brilliant innovation, it is also the most terrifying to non-Muslims.

Read more about the political nature of the core doctrines of Islam.

Citizen Warrior: The Terrifying Brilliance of Islam

The scariest part of Islam is a tie between their women and having to wipe your ass with an uneven number of rocks like Mohammed ordered.

[...]

Neville Chamberlain would be impressed.

Neville Chamberlain didn't have a arsenal of doomsday weapons and the means of delivering them anywhere in the world.

Imagine you are President and you are made aware of an organization of American fanatics who are determined to conduct terrorist attacks on Russia -- a nation which is easily capable of vaporizing us. What would you do?

The scariest thing they teach to the kids in grade school is that Islam teaches non believers either convert or die.
How much sicker are we that we say if you don't buy into the Jesus story you burn in hell forever?

The scariest part of Islam is a tie between their women and having to wipe your ass with an uneven number of rocks like Mohammed ordered.

It is funny when I see a woman wearing the full burka head scarf thing I want/desire them even more. Now I'm obsessed with what she might look like underneath all that. I have to admit the burka turns me on. The exact opposite of what it is intended to do.

My advice? Move. :D

I don't have to. They come into Lifetime fitness swimming in that ridiculous outfit. You know how they say "leave a little to the imagination"? Well they leave a lot to the imagination. If they have a pretty face and nice shape that is. Usually they don't and I think, "lady, don't worry becaus no one is looking at your ugly ass".

I bet a lot of fat ugly muslim women love covering up. And their husband too who's embarrassed how fat she got after the kids. lol

Certainly when a religion tries to subvert civil law, that is always evil.

I object to Islam and the practice of its dogma and traditions because of the harsh nature of Islam as a whole. The punishment for leaving Islam is death, in fact the punishment for many so called "crimes" is death under Sharia Law. Women are not given an equal standing in Muslim society and the teachings of the Koran have produced a morbid idolization of death. Death in defense of the faith. The mode of thinking that Islam produces is harmful to the growth and progress of a society and we can see its effects quite clearly. Islam is probably the youngest religion on this planet and yet it has already taken the Middle East, the birthplace of the scientific method and a hub of idea exchange and truth seeking, and turned it into an oppressive wasteland of religious dogma and mass murder.

Well, that's due in part that not every human being, including Muslims, have the heart to kill people.

And that, in part, explains the need for Jihad, I'd bet.

Jihad is loosely described as an internal struggle.

In this example it might be the struggle to overcome one's own inhibitions to go as low as is needed to execute the campaign of armed conquest against the non-believers.

'You may not have the heart to do it today, Mustapha, but maybe your internal struggles will make it possible for you to behead the NEXT infidel.'

And that, in part, explains the need for Jihad, I'd bet.

Jihad is loosely described as an internal struggle.

In this example it might be the struggle to overcome one's own inhibitions to go as low as is needed to execute the campaign of armed conquest against the non-believers.

'You may not have the heart to do it today, Mustapha, but maybe your internal struggles will make it possible for you to behead the NEXT infidel.'

Look at all the ignorant shit our old testament said. One day Muslims are going to have to figure out another translation for where it says all non believers need to convert or be put to death. Us christians have redacted and edited our good book so can they. Or maybe they will just accept or explain that those were different times back then. Christians were doing the same thing. Convert or die. Jews were doing it too. I saw a whole show on the Jewish vs. Christian faiths both competing for territory and members back in the early days.

My muslim friend said to me and my brother once, "too bad you guys are going to hell one day". He said it laughing but I think he actually meant/believed it.

Forum List

Back