What is scary or offensive to you about Islam?

The effect it has on rightwing nitwits who see 'jihadists' hiding under every bed.

No, the ones that effect me are the ones we see flying planes into buildings, blowing people's legs off in Boston, beheading innocents, kidnapping schools of little girls, killing our soldiers, burning people alive, burying people alive, crucifying people,and trying to wipe nations off the face of the earth, while we fund them.....
I find that really offensive.

yes, but christianity is alone in its peace and love even to thy enemies. that is why it shall out last these war based religions. because after this last one, they will all bow to love and peace. and the prince of peace shall reign. at least that's my hope, faith and dreams.

Fishing, isn't this? Please. Hamas blows up American 241 marines in Beirut. Later, they rocket Israel. Al Qaeda attacks America on 9/11, kills over 3 thousand innocent people, are you kidding me? OK, what has ISLAM done that is positive for the world? It's always negative harmful stuff. They blow up a thousand year old Buddhist shrines and Christian churches and schools, WHAT GOOD DOES ISLAM DO? WHAT?

What do you complain about? This are needle stitches.
Europeans know the real thing. Spain was almost completely invaded for over 500 years and brutally supressed before the Reconquista, The turks were two times at the gates of vienna, the residues of their invasions are the still troubling muslims in Bosnia, Kosovo and Albania.
And today we are, thanks to the alliance policy of the USA and our own spineless politicians and PC idiots, suffering from the infiltration of millions of turks, arabs and african muslims, their leaders officially proclaiming the djihad of the wombs.

All this will end pretty ugly.

Gee, I hope no one tells them that we have opened our borders to absolutely anyone, and will provide them with free stuff so they don't have to rush into whatever plot they've chosen, in which ever city they've picked, by which ever means of mass destruction they excel in............

The worst part of islam has to be those big bushy itchy scratchy beards. I can handle the beheadings and hand chopping but THOSE BEARDS!!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!

Why do you hate it or fear it or object to it?

What bothers me most about Islam is the compulsory nature of it.

It intends to gain control over all the other religions and governments and laws and I don't want to be told what I must do by Muslims who believe they are better than I because they are Muslim.

It isn't Islam that concerns me but rather the oppressive, sexist, stuck-in-the-7th-Century culture it has spawned. If only 1% subscribe to Islamism or Jihadism then there are 1.3 MILLION Muslim radicals just itching for a fight.
On 9/11 we saw what just a handful of these peeps will do.

Why do you hate it or fear it or object to it?

What bothers me most about Islam is the compulsory nature of it.

It intends to gain control over all the other religions and governments and laws and I don't want to be told what I must do by Muslims who believe they are better than I because they are Muslim.
"What is scary or offensive to you about Islam?"

The scariest part about Islam, to me, is the POTUS promotes it:

I have come here to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles – principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings. Barack Hussein Obama [2009 speech in Cairo]

Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, militarily, suicide attacks make a lot of sense. If rushing in guns blazing is gonna get you killed anyway, sneak in and detonate an explosive. You're gonna die either way, but one's a lot more certain of success.
I suppose that makes sense. But do you agree it's easier said than done.

I agree with your points.

However, how much time do you think we will buy ourselves from being the unquestioned #1 target of Islamist aggression by hiding in our corners of the World, never to set foot in THEIR part of the World...that part of the World you would just cede them?

How long before we have to face the inevitable, in your opinion?

And what about OUR Global interests and reputation in the meantime?
If our global interests are going to provoke such things as 9/11 and the madness we've been involved in since then, it's time we reconsidered those interests.

In May, 1998, Frontline's John Miller interviewed Usama bin Laden before the world ever heard that man's name. This interview took place in a cave in Afghanistan, during which bin Laden expressed his resentment of U.S. support of Israel's expansion into Gaza and the presence of the U.S. military (the Bin Sultan Airbase) in the holy land of of Saudi Arabia. He further promised that if the U.S. did not correct these affronts we would have cause to regret it. And that was not an idle threat.

Almost immediately after the 9/11 attack, George W. Bush pressured Israel Sharon to remove the settlements from Gaza, which was done, and he removed the Bin Sultan Airbase from Saudi Arabia. If either he or Clinton had the good sense to do those things when bin Laden lodged his complaint the World Trade Center would not have been attacked, we would not have invaded Iraq, and we would not be in Afghanistan today.

Who Is Bin Laden - Greetings America. My Name Is Osama Bin Laden Hunting Bin Laden FRONTLINE PBS

Some might ask who bin Laden was to make such demands on the mighty U.S. and what happened on September 11, 2001, is the answer to that question.

Again, we need to mind our own business in the Middle East and leave those people alone. That isn't "hiding" so long as we make it clear that if they move against us we will respond with "maximum aggression" (nuclear weapons).

If we don't bother them they won't bother us. They will just go on fighting among themselves as they have done for centuries.
Leave them alone!

There is nothing scary or offensive about Islam.

some Muslims on the other hand...

most I get along with fine .

twelvers are a bit nuts for example

My father's Army unit was one of those that relieved the Marines on Guadalcanal and performed the inland "mop-up" during which they encountered four Banzai charges. There was something about the way he described those suicidal attacks that stuck with me. He would say there is nothing more scary than someone who is ready and willing to die just to kill you. He said if that won't make you piss your pants, nothing will.

The thing that stood out most about the 9/11 attack are the nineteen healthy young shahids who were willing to sacrifice their own lives just to strike at us. That bizarre reality is difficult for the Western mind to comprehend. There is something very mystical about it and I'm not ashamed to say it scares the hell out of me.

That reality is why I am so anxious for the U.S. to get the hell out of the Middle East and draw a red line between us and those fanatical Islamists. We need to leave them alone and let them go on killing each other off as they've done for centuries. Because if we don't there will be more 9/11s. I have no doubt of that and it does worry me.

In the simplest terms, I do not fuck with someone who is ready to die. That is truly scary, because they will do things we are incapable of anticipating.

Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, militarily, suicide attacks make a lot of sense. If rushing in guns blazing is gonna get you killed anyway, sneak in and detonate an explosive. You're gonna die either way, but one's a lot more certain of success.

Us Christians have been marching into battle for centuries knowing that a large percent of our pawns will be killed. Those pawns even know it. Not much difference than suicide for the ones who die. And you are right. If you go to battle with 100 men against 100 men, who knows if any of you will survive. But if you go do a suicide bomb around 12 of your enemies you are assured to take out 12 for every 1 of you. Scary shit. Luckily or hopefully we know who the sleeper cells are and we pounce before they get their chance. A few lone wolves might slip through but most of them we sort of know who they are. I don't know why we just don't swoop in sooner and deport them.

Do you know that if a Palistinian does a suicide bomb on the Jews, the Jews go flatten their families home. And the Jews claim it does stop them from doing it. We need a similar policy. If you suicide bomb us, even if you are an American born citizen, we deport your entire family. Your immigrant parents that came here and became citizens have to move back to Yemen, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia. Know that your entire family will be fucked if you pull such a move. Even your little brother who was born here has to go. Or he can stay, in an orphanage. Your choice.

I can't believe those guys in France. They have a much better life in France. I always thought terrorists were people who had nothing to lose but those French terrorists and those Boston bombers had it good in our countries. Go the fuck back home if you don't like us.

There is nothing scary or offensive about Islam.

some Muslims on the other hand...

most I get along with fine .

twelvers are a bit nuts for example

There is something scary and offensive about religions in general.

Scary because it is scary to see how dumb people are believing in a fairy tale. I rented Greek Gods last night and they're telling the story about Zeus, Hera, Hercules, Hadies. 400 years before the Old Testament was written, they invented the Greek Gods. Very creative and imaginative. They too believed that the world would turn to shit if people weren't afraid of being punished by Zeus for being bad.

How did the Greeks switch from Zeus to Jesus? The whole Salvation thing. Through Christianity there was a way to go to heaven. To basically become a god yourself. Sorry, Hercules already did that.

And Hadies made me realize, "hey wait a minute, we do have more than one god. The Devil and hell are real and forever, right? So the Devil is another Character. I know he's an angel but so was Zeus and his brothers and sisters. They were born from the Titans. Cronus is Zeus's father.

Anyways, Christianity and Islam are no more believable or real than the Greek mythology. And if the Greeks made their religion up, maybe the Jews, Muslims & Christians religions are made up too? I believe one day we as a society will realize this is the truth.

Offensive because you insist you are right and non believers are going to hell or whatever.

Forum List

Back