What is our purpose in life?

"[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all! "[/FONT]

The Nine Satanic Statements

"...[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid."

The Nine Satanic Sins

Sounds just like the garbage the anti-christers spew all over this forum.

So we've found you a church now. Make it formal, so you don't drive everybody nuts with your irrelevant and out of place blatherings.
[/FONT]

That's one of those questions that will have as many correct answers as there are souls dwelling in flesh at any given moment.

Satisfaction.

Satisfaction, another word for fulfillment. And yes, there are an infinite number of paths to follow in the moral pursuit of Truth (knowledge, justice, love and beauty). Hell, Honky Tonk Women could easily be, and probably have been, one such path to satisfaction. "She blew my nose and then she blew my mind" :redface:

Just imagine the number when you add in some of the more popular immoral pursuits.
:eek:

SatanWantsYou.jpg

Church of Satan History

Just trying to keep the threads relevant there, Joe. See, this is a "religion & ethics" forum. That means, at least on the surface, the threads should deal with....religion. Or ethics. Since nobody in this particular thread seems interested in discussing real religion, and the majority seem committed to declaring there is no God and using a false premise to goad those who do believe in God, I thought I would give you a little boost, so you look a little less like a clueless idiot.

I seriously would pitch in for a night class or something for you, to help you improve your moderating (and comprehension) skills. I see you struggle, and my heart goes out to you. How sad to be you, living in that fog of incomprehension.

Humans didn't evolve from apes.

Humans evolved along side apes from a common ancestor. There's a difference between the two concepts.

From our point of view what's the difference if we evolved from one ape or another. We ultimately evolved from protozoa/bacteria/viruses/whatever. All evolution says is that we didn't pop up out of the muck fully formed, and that flies in the face of a literal interpretation of Genesis.

Humans evolved along side apes from a common ancestor. There's a difference between the two concepts.

From our point of view what's the difference if we evolved from one ape or another. We ultimately evolved from protozoa/bacteria/viruses/whatever. All evolution says is that we didn't pop up out of the muck fully formed, and that flies in the face of a literal interpretation of Genesis.

I want you to write a computer program that writes a more complex computer program that keeps replicating itself and becomes more advanced and meaningful. To my knowledge, no one has been able to do it. The idea that a lizard rubbed its face on a rock or a tree and an eye popped out is rediculous because life and dna requires information. If I mixed up a dna sequence in some soup, who would arrange it? You? Design in dna requires a designer.

If our only reason for being is to strive for everlasting life in heaven, how can we derive meaning and purpose out of this life?

We derive meaning while we are here, by doing good.

Where did you get the notion that our everlasting lives would be lived out in Heaven? That's not a Biblical teaching.
Pace, do you think maybe you wouldn't be so skeptical of Christianity if you had a better grasp of it? :eusa_angel:

The entire thread is built upon a false premise. It's ridiculous. A monument to stupidity.

And yet eyes have been extremely complex and fully formed from the beginning. How do you explain that?

Last edited:

I want you to write a computer program that writes a more complex computer program that keeps replicating itself and becomes more advanced and meaningful. To my knowledge, no one has been able to do it. The idea that a lizard rubbed its face on a rock or a tree and an eye popped out is rediculous because life and dna requires information. If I mixed up a dna sequence in some soup, who would arrange it? You? Design in dna requires a designer.

:clap:

Evolution requires mutation. For every one mutation in the + column, or right direction, there would have been millions in the - column or wrong evolutionary direction. Where are all the fossil rejects?

Actually, evolution doesn't say that...but whatever.

What does it say?

A distinction without a relevant difference.

I want you to write a computer program that writes a more complex computer program that keeps replicating itself and becomes more advanced and meaningful. To my knowledge, no one has been able to do it.

Well, we've only had computers for 50 years. I'm betting before another hundred go by (maybe 200) we'll have sentient computers.

The idea that a lizard rubbed its face on a rock or a tree and an eye popped out is rediculous because life and dna requires information. If I mixed up a dna sequence in some soup, who would arrange it? You? Design in dna requires a designer.

I don't disagree with the possibility of a designer, only that what we see is the natural result of a design built into it at its creation.

The entire thread is built upon a false premise. It's ridiculous. A monument to stupidity.

It's stupid to contemplate our purpose in life?

And yet eyes have been extremely complex and fully formed from the beginning. How do you explain that?

I don't because they weren't fully formed from the beginning.

Evolution requires mutation. For every one mutation in the + column, or right direction, there would have been millions in the - column or wrong evolutionary direction. Where are all the fossil rejects?

For one thing it isn't one to a million, closer to the other way around. How many normal babies are there for every mutant one. And the simpler the organism, the more likely a mutant is to be viable and/or an improvement. And as for the fossil record, essentially all extinct life forms were rejects.

Yet evolution does not explain the origin of life.

Actually, evolution doesn't say that...but whatever.

What does it say?

A distinction without a relevant difference.

Well, we've only had computers for 50 years. I'm betting before another hundred go by (maybe 200) we'll have sentient computers.

I don't disagree with the possibility of a designer, only that what we see is the natural result of a design built into it at its creation.

It's stupid to contemplate our purpose in life?

I don't because they weren't fully formed from the beginning.

For one thing it isn't one to a million, closer to the other way around. How many normal babies are there for every mutant one. And the simpler the organism, the more likely a mutant is to be viable and/or an improvement. And as for the fossil record, essentially all extinct life forms were rejects.

I didn't say it was stupid to contemplate the meaning of life. I said contemplating the meaning of life is not, in this case, a religious discussion. I also said that the thread is based upon a false premise, i.e., that the life of the unspecified religious is about earning entrance into an afterlife.

Read more carefully before you start yammering. You'll look less foolish.

All evolution says is that we didn't pop up out of the muck fully formed and that flies in the face of a literal interpretation of Genesis - Design in dna requires a designer.

the two are not exclusive to a revisionist Genesis that already gives the purpose for the Spirit to survive its physiological presence ... as coincidentally I have considered myself pursuing as a DNA Engineer a possible endeavor in the Everlasting - with a purely selfless motivation. . :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back