What is Obama's definition of small business?

Oh gawd, So let me guess, you're saying the left vote in lockstep even tho it is the right who does it? Not only do they vote in lockstep some on the right see it as a virtue. See my signature.

what you said...and what you say in your signature makes it quite clear that you do not understand the conservative viewpoint.

I personally have found that the left "lobby" for what is convenient at the time. The left is constantly evolving (for good or bad) based on the times. I am not criticizing it. I respect it. Many on the left jump ahead of others and want a "change" others on the left do not realize is needed...so it can sometimes be a convoluited message.

The right...conservatives in particular...are deemed conservatives for a reason. They wish to conserve an exact ideology...again...for good or bad.

We can debate what is good and what is bad....butg an ideology is an ideology.

Conservatism does not sway much (it does a little).

Liberalism/progressivism evolves continually.

Jeez bro.....look at the definitions of conservative and progressive.

It really is not so hard to understand.

Look, I know all of that. Thats why I'm confused when cons project their voting records onto dems like its a bad thing. Then when they find out it's the Cons that do it, they change and say it's a good thing

Umm, I do not have a voting record, you are the one that is projecting here.

The health care bill defines a small business as one with 50 employees or less.

I'd say that's a good place to start for a definition.

what you said...and what you say in your signature makes it quite clear that you do not understand the conservative viewpoint.

I personally have found that the left "lobby" for what is convenient at the time. The left is constantly evolving (for good or bad) based on the times. I am not criticizing it. I respect it. Many on the left jump ahead of others and want a "change" others on the left do not realize is needed...so it can sometimes be a convoluited message.

The right...conservatives in particular...are deemed conservatives for a reason. They wish to conserve an exact ideology...again...for good or bad.

Look, I know all of that. Thats why I'm confused when cons project their voting records onto dems like its a bad thing. Then when they find out it's the Cons that do it, they change and say it's a good thing

it IS a good thing...for conservatives.

What confuses me with progressives is they will be against something...but then "see no problem" when Obama does it.

Many of us rallied AGAINST Bush when he started to push amnesty.

But Obama? WHere is code pink regarding his military actions...where are the "close GITMO" folks.....where are the Valerie Plame protesters in regard to military secrets leaks?

No..instead all I hear is..."he is the best president in our history"

You're saying that the left supports Gitmo and his military actions? I'd say you havent been listening. I dont support his ramp up of military actions or keeping Gitmo open...I dont know where you get that Plame stuff from. But those things are things the left doesnt support and the right supports it, but they pretend its a bad thing when Obama does it. He's doing everything you guys supported and now it's bad

Let's see. Today I went to the cleaners to pick up my khakis. Then I went over to the local Toro dealer for a part for my snow blower, hit the car wash, a quick hop to the farmer's market, looped over to the bakery for the bride, and filled the car up with gas. Later we're dining at a local landmark place a friend owns. Every stop was a small business. There are smaller small businesses and larger small businesses too. They're everywhere.

Any business that supports his campaign.

For instance, GE is a small business under Obama's definition.

While leaders aren’t whipping Members on some major votes — amendments to this week’s stopgap spending measure, for example — they have strongly tried to minimize defections on procedural matters and made it clear that unity is a priority.

“They wanted me to change my vote, but I told them I couldn’t do it,” said Rep. Walter Jones Jr., who noted that GOP leaders approached him on the House floor Jan. 26 after he voted in favor of a Democratic motion to recommit and tried to persuade him to change his mind.

The North Carolina Republican, who regularly breaks with his leadership, held his ground and became the first in his party to support a Democratic motion to recommit this year. So far, he and another frequent Republican defector, Rep. Ron Paul (Texas), are the only GOP lawmakers who have backed Democratic motions to recommit.
Republicans Face Pressure to Vote in Lock Step : Roll Call News

That took all of 30 seconds to find...but but...it doesnt happen.

And that never happens on the other side, does it. Except, of course, when it does. Anyone remember Obamacare?

So now it does happen?

I didnt say it never happened on the dem side..it happens most often and is applauded on the right. I've showed that. Instead of acknowledging this you instead now claim that one lockstep vote is the same as all the lockstep votes on the Republican side.

Having one example is not proof of it being the norm.

Did you think I was talking about you personally when I said voting in Lockstep? :lol:

so is he talking about the business' income, or personal income...........no question mark.

here is for jarhead: code pink still protests the wars - just fyi

I heard some guy call into Rush the other day, yapping about how his BUSINESS makes over $250k a year, and most of the time he doesn't even take a salary..........etc. so he's kind of personally broke, and wondering how he'd afford the new tax.....

Rush of course didn't correct him.

It's not any BUSINESS that makes over 200, it's personal income. The guy's not going to see an increase. Big difference. And it could make a difference in the personal life of a business owner if he does net that salary, by a few percent, but technically shouldn't do much to the Business itself.

Last edited:
The health care bill defines a small business as one with 50 employees or less.

No, it does not. It exempts businesses with 50 employees or less from the employer mandate, but it defines a small business in Section 1313 to be "as defined under section 3 of the Small Business Act (15 U.S.C. 632)".

And that act defines a small business as:

For the purposes of this chapter, a small-business concern, including but not limited to enterprises that are engaged in the business of production of food and fiber, ranching and raising of livestock, agriculture, and all other farming and agricultural related industries, shall be deemed to be one which is independently owned and operated and which is not dominant in its field of operation: Provided, That notwithstanding any other provision of law, an agricultural enterprise shall be deemed to be a small business concern if it (including its affiliates) has annual receipts not in excess of $750,000.

15 USC § 632 - Small-business concern | LII / Legal Information Institute

I'd say that's a good place to start for a definition.

I'd say a business which is independently owned and operated and which is not dominant in its field of operation is a great place to start for a definition.

Last edited:
I heard some guy call into Rush the other day, yapping about how his BUSINESS makes over $250k a year, and most of the time he doesn't even take a salary..........etc. so he's kind of personally broke, and wondering how he'd afford the new tax.....

It's not any BUSINESS that makes over 200, it's personal income. The guy's not going to see an increase. Big difference. And it could make a difference in the personal life of a business owner if he does net that salary, by a few percent, but technically shouldn't do much to the Business itself.

Good to see you GT.

Actually, as it pertains to an LLP and an s-corp...he is 100% correct.

If you own a small business..and your after payroll profit is 250K.....you are in that category.

With that 250K you must pay rent, and other operating expenses...and depending in your business...that can be all or most of it.

He was not wrong.

And hey....even I dont listen to that windbag rush....you do?

so is he talking about the business' income, or personal income...........no question mark.

The media just doesnt want us to know about it I guess.

Good to see you GT.

Actually, as it pertains to an LLP and an s-corp...he is 100% correct.

If you own a small business..and your after payroll profit is 250K.....you are in that category.

With that 250K you must pay rent, and other operating expenses...and depending in your business...that can be all or most of it.

He was not wrong.

And hey....even I dont listen to that windbag rush....you do?

Link it.

Obama, everytime I've heard him mention it, was talking about Personal income taxes, not Business.

The media just doesnt want us to know about it I guess.

I dont believe in media conspiracies.

Fox used to report on code pink also, and doesn't any more either. They're not new, or fresh so they're not newsworthy. You coulda done a 3 second search if you really wanted to be factually correct before you made the statement you did, but your statement was wrong. They still protest the wars.

Republicans Face Pressure to Vote in Lock Step : Roll Call News

That took all of 30 seconds to find...but but...it doesnt happen.

And that never happens on the other side, does it. Except, of course, when it does. Anyone remember Obamacare?

So now it does happen?

I didnt say it never happened on the dem side..it happens most often and is applauded on the right. I've showed that. Instead of acknowledging this you instead now claim that one lockstep vote is the same as all the lockstep votes on the Republican side.

Having one example is not proof of it being the norm.

Pressure to vote in lock step? Yes, that happens. Sometimes voting in lock step even happens. That has nothing to do with what I said in my reply to you though, does it?

Did you think I was talking about you personally when I said voting in Lockstep? :lol:

You were talking about cons, which apparently includes me.

Forum List

Back