What is Obama's definition of small business?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Quantum Windbag, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    I really want to know what Obama means when he says he supports small business, so I want to know what he means when he says small business.

The SBA has this definition.

Does that make Southwest Airlines a small business?

It goes on to "narrow the definition by size.

[/quote]Depending on the industry, size standard eligibility is based on the average number of employees for the preceding twelve months or on sales volume averaged over a three-year period. Examples of SBA general size standards include the following:

• Manufacturing: Maximum number of employees may range from 500 to 1500, depending on the type of product manufactured;
    • Wholesaling: Maximum number of employees may range from 100 to 500 depending on the particular product being provided;
    • Services: Annual receipts may not exceed $2.5 to $21.5 million, depending on the particular service being provided;
    • Retailing: Annual receipts may not exceed $5.0 to $21.0 million, depending on the particular product being provided;
    • General and Heavy Construction: General construction annual receipts may not exceed $13.5 to $17 million, depending on the type of construction;
    • Special Trade Construction: Annual receipts may not exceed $7 million; and
    • Agriculture: Annual receipts may not exceed $0.5 to $9.0 million, depending on the agricultural product.

[/QUOTE]

What is SBA's definition of a small business concern? | SBA.gov

OK, Southwest is probably not a small business, but there is a lot of room for a company to make a lot of money, have a huge number of employees, and still be a small business. In fact, those numbers cover almost 95% of companies in the US. It also leaves a politician a lot of wiggle room when he claims he supports small business.

The real problem is that Obama is also arguing that anyone that makes over $200,000 a year needs to pay more in taxes. Given that that income directly impacts a lot of companies that are defined as small businesses. Is paying more in taxes something Obama actually thinks helps businesses?

Does anyone know what Obama means when he says those words? Is there an official dictionary that helps progressives understand him? Can I get a copy?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    I'd like to know what the rights definition is of Small Business.

3. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223

What sucks is that Leftists feel the need to attack any of our wealth and job producers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Can't read? it's obvious.

5. signelect

signelect BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Small business is where the real job growth will come from. The huge companies make a big splash and hire 50,000 people but small businesses everywhere can hire 2 or 3 and make a bigger impact if the governmnet will stay out of the way. Obama doesn't know what a small business is because he has never started one or even worked at one.. We need business men in politics, not rich politicians and lobbyist.

6. ClosedCaption

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    Whaa? I just asked what the right considered a small business and you hit the floor kicking and screaming about being attacked :confused:

Jeez, that seems to be the usual for you guys. Make up a narrative about what someone else wants the ask them to defend your strawman :eusa_eh:

7. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    I wasn't talking about your comment.

But there must be a reason you knee-jerked.

8. ClosedCaption

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    Uh yeah, you quoted me :eusa_shifty:

9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    The right is a bunch of people, no one can speak for all of them, unlike the left.

10. ClosedCaption

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,254
    Oh gawd, So let me guess, you're saying the left vote in lockstep even tho it is the right who does it? Not only do they vote in lockstep some on the right see it as a virtue. See my signature.