What is accomplished by prayer?

Why do you hate science? Circumcision helps prevent people from dying a horrible death. That's why the practice was started by God 3,000 years ago.

See what I mean? There is something wrong with your brain. I think it is idiotic to claim the sky wizard suggested circumcision because he knew the health benefits is an absurd idea, therefore I hate science? You sound like a goddamn moron.
Why wouldn't the creator of the universe who holds every atom together by his word not know circumcision prevents disease? You think someone 3,000 years ago thought the practice would be fun for adult males and mere coincidence it saves lives too?

You obviously cannot think for yourself.

Because that sky wizard you just made up does not exist. Duh. While gods may exist, I think we can be fairly certain that your evil, stupid Bible God is a scam.
Dude, you're a militant atheist.

Just so you know the company you keep.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
Economic and Philosophical Manuscripts of 1844
3rd paragraph

Human Requirements and Division of Labour, Marx, 1844
Yep. If it was up to him he'd imprison all believers.

What a freakish, idiotic thing to say. I will give you credit for not being stupid enough to actually believe that, and instead just peg you for yet another whiny little religious fock.

See what I mean? There is something wrong with your brain. I think it is idiotic to claim the sky wizard suggested circumcision because he knew the health benefits is an absurd idea, therefore I hate science? You sound like a goddamn moron.
Why wouldn't the creator of the universe who holds every atom together by his word not know circumcision prevents disease? You think someone 3,000 years ago thought the practice would be fun for adult males and mere coincidence it saves lives too?

Because that sky wizard you just made up does not exist. Duh. While gods may exist, I think we can be fairly certain that your evil, stupid Bible God is a scam.

...in order to charm the golden birds, out of the pockets of his dearly beloved neighbours in Christ. He puts himself at the service of the other’s most depraved fancies, plays the pimp between him and his need, excites in him morbid appetites, lies in wait for each of his weaknesses – all so that he can then demand the cash for this service of love. (Every product is a bait with which to seduce away the other’s very being, his money; every real and possible need is a weakness which will lead the fly to the glue-pot. General exploitation of communal human nature, just as every imperfection in man, is a bond with heaven – an avenue giving the priest access to his heart; every need is an opportunity to approach one’s neighbour under the guise of the utmost amiability and to say to him: Dear friend, I give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non; you know the ink in which you have to sign yourself over to me; in providing for your pleasure, I fleece you.)

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

What a freakish, idiotic thing to say. I will give you credit for not being stupid enough to actually believe that, and instead just peg you for yet another whiny little religious fock.
Didn't deny it.

Why do you hate science? Circumcision helps prevent people from dying a horrible death. That's why the practice was started by God 3,000 years ago.

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Damn that was a stupid post. For one, I think you might need to stop eatong Drama Flakes for breakfast, if you think I am "militant". Second, it is embarrassing to see a grown man make such an idiotic transgression of logic. As if sharing atheism with another person means I share anything else with them. By the same logic, you should be put down like a dog, before you blow yourself up at a bus stop. Embarrassing. If all religious nutballs come armed with the poor arguments that you possess, their future is not bright.
You absolutely are a militant atheist. 100%. Why else would you be here?

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

There is zero doubt about it. Don't shy away from it.

Some people who do not believe in God nevertheless pray.

That is, they take time to talk to themselves.

I have read that talking to oneself is very therapeutic.

One is acknowledging to oneself that one must accept one's fate.

During such prayer, one will often hear what one should think or do (even if one is only hearing one's own mind).

That, I believe, is the point of prayer.

A baby Christian MAY pray such as "Jesus, please help me get a raise ... a better job ... ......

Over a period of time, a Christian MUST grow to understand that Jesus knows what you need before you ask ... IOW: when YOU don't really know what you NEED.

You generally know what you WANT ... but oft what we WANT and what Jesus knows we NEED are not the same.

A Christian RIGHT NOW has ALL he/she NEEDS. Cause Jesus knows what you NEED and has already given it to you.

It's up to the Christian TO USE in the service of Jesus WHAT HE HAS ..... and the better the Christian uses what he/she has .... the sooner the Christian will get more.

I don't need more money. I don't need more material objects. I don't need to pray for health of me or anyone else ..... I don't need to pray for ANYTHING ....

cause Jesus already knows what I need and I now have all I need. "see the birds ... Jesus takes care of them ... aren't you more important than a bird "?

peace of mind
In what way? How does praying about a thing - again, we are not talking a bout general, ritualistic daily, or weekly prayer - bring peace of mind? What does it allow you to believe, that you did not believe before the prayer?
Repetitious prayer helps keep the brain brain washed. It solidifies the beliefs your supposed to have in order to be a good Christian and drives doubts into darkness.

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Damn that was a stupid post. For one, I think you might need to stop eatong Drama Flakes for breakfast, if you think I am "militant". Second, it is embarrassing to see a grown man make such an idiotic transgression of logic. As if sharing atheism with another person means I share anything else with them. By the same logic, you should be put down like a dog, before you blow yourself up at a bus stop. Embarrassing. If all religious nutballs come armed with the poor arguments that you possess, their future is not bright.

Haha... "Militant"... Please, just keep talking. I always get a laugh out of you religious goobers trying to portray yourselves as victims of mitancy or oppression, just because someone DARES to throw arguments and ideas at you. Embarrassing.

A baby Christian MAY pray such as "Jesus, please help me get a raise ... a better job ... ......

Over a period of time, a Christian MUST grow to understand that Jesus knows what you need before you ask ... IOW: when YOU don't really know what you NEED.

You generally know what you WANT ... but oft what we WANT and what Jesus knows we NEED are not the same.

A Christian RIGHT NOW has ALL he/she NEEDS. Cause Jesus knows what you NEED and has already given it to you.

It's up to the Christian TO USE in the service of Jesus WHAT HE HAS ..... and the better the Christian uses what he/she has .... the sooner the Christian will get more.

I don't need more money. I don't need more material objects. I don't need to pray for health of me or anyone else ..... I don't need to pray for ANYTHING ....

cause Jesus already knows what I need and I now have all I need. "see the birds ... Jesus takes care of them ... aren't you more important than a bird "?

Jesus, if he even existed, was a conman who died 2000 years ago. Those voices in your head? Those are just you.

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

There is "zero doubt"...that I would imprison all theists or Christians?

And you honestly think you dont sound like a fucking idiot to say this?

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

Haha... "Militant"... Please, just keep talking. I always get a laugh out of you religious goobers trying to portray yourselves as victims of mitancy or oppression, just because someone DARES to throw arguments and ideas at you. Embarrassing.
What other reason would you have for being here?

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

To discuss these ideas. Same as you. Not sure what happened to that lump between your ears, but free exchange of ideas is precisely the OPPOSITE of militancy.

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

There is "zero doubt"...that I would imprison all theists or Christians?

And you honestly think you dont sound like a fucking idiot to say this?
Why should I?

Karl Marx
3rd paragraph

To discuss these ideas. Same as you. Not sure what happened to that lump between your ears, but free exchange of ideas is precisely the OPPOSITE of militancy.
That's not what you are doing.

Of course it is. You need to remember who the party is that is demanding people believe in a magical idea without a shred of evidence, lest they pay a horrible price. That you would be you, nutball. And imagine the dishonesty and self-delusion required to characterize a rhetorical pushback against this vile magical nonsense as "militancy"

Oh wait, you dont have to imagine. In fact, this is literally the best you can do. Naturally, since you are holding an empty bag.

Of course it is. You need to remember who the party is that is demanding people believe in a magical idea without a shred of evidence, lest they pay a horrible price. That you would be you, nutball. And imagine the dishonesty and self-delusion required to characterize a rhetorical pushback against this vile magical nonsense as "militancy"

Oh wait, you dont have to imagine. In fact, this is literally the best you can do. Naturally, since you are holding an empty bag.
No one is demanding anything from you.

Forum List

Back