What is a reputation comment?

yeah, we had to find something to fill the empty hours since we imploded WTC7 and the trilateral commission has a hiring freeze. :cuckoo:

ali2.jpg

Is that you waiting for your hair color to set? :razz:

i don't color my hair

Way to take the attempted sting out of someones feeble attempt at a slam. :badgrin:

Well, heck.

I don't remember disabling the pm notification of rep comments, but I must have (probably because I didn't know what the hell it was lol).

I apologize to anyone who sent me one and I didn't respond. I read them all tonight and I do appreciate it. I wasn't trying to be anti-social and stuff... I just didn't realize they were there.

I'll do better in the future :)

If someone agrees or disagrees with one of your posts they can give you neg or pos rep which increases that par on your upper right side of posts.

I don't think it's really indicative of anything besides opinions.

Lol, I got a Neg rep and the comment was, "Welcome aboard."

If someone agrees or disagrees with one of your posts they can give you neg or pos rep which increases that par on your upper right side of posts.

This whole rep business is nothing but a joke anyway...a popularity contest...it's obvious that some people run around and pos rep their friends so they can then come back and hit you again with a neg...I've got one asshole who doesn't like me and has a lot of points...I should make negative numbers before the month is out...:lol::lol::lol:

This whole rep business is nothing but a joke anyway...a popularity contest...it's obvious that some people run around and pos rep their friends so they can then come back and hit you again with a neg...I've got one asshole who doesn't like me and has a lot of points...I should make negative numbers before the month is out...:lol::lol::lol:

Well, thanks for that, Captain Obvious. What is it with you noobs all vying for that same title?

Good thing you're here to explain it all to us. We've been wondering for 5 years what it was all about.:eusa_eh:

Well, thanks for that, Captain Obvious. What is it with you noobs all vying for that same title?

Good thing you're here to explain it all to us. We've been wondering for 5 years what it was all about.:eusa_eh:

Thanks for the confirmation...must make you real proud being head pivot man in a circle jerk.

This whole rep business is nothing but a joke anyway...a popularity contest......I've got one asshole who doesn't like me and has a lot of points...I should make negative numbers before the month is out...:lol::lol::lol:

Good...then the negative numbers will match your IQ.:lol:

I think you should be able to rep anyone you like as often as you like. And to appease the rep-point whiners, just set it up so that each time you rep the same person in a short period of time (or within the last x number of reps given) the points awarded drops exponentially. I'm pretty sure if I were running this place, I could figure out how to set up the algorithm. But Gunny? :eusa_think: Methinks probably not. :cool:

It's not very often that you receive a rep notification for a post that is almost a year and a half old.

Just got one for this post this morning.

But I'm not telling who. :eusa_shhh:

There's only one poster I could possibly think of but I'm sure he or she already repped you for it :lol:

So I'm stumped.

There's only one poster I could possibly think of but I'm sure he or she already repped you for it :lol:

So I'm stumped.

You don't even know how stumped you are. :lol:

I bet I could give you a dozen guesses and you still wouldn't guess correctly.

If you are in the negative, you have no rep power. A positive or negative rep will be worth zero points.

BTW, I still hate the new rep system. Not only does it suck, getting that "you must spread some rep around" message when you want to compliment someone on a really good or bad post, but then you can't even be sure if the rep you get isn't just someone else trying to spread it around.

!8 months later and I have just received pos rep on this post. :)

Probably just someone spreading it around. :(

I think you should be able to rep anyone you like as often as you like. And to appease the rep-point whiners, just set it up so that each time you rep the same person in a short period of time (or within the last x number of reps given) the points awarded drops exponentially. I'm pretty sure if I were running this place, I could figure out how to set up the algorithm. But Gunny? :eusa_think: Methinks probably not. :cool:

It's not very often that you receive a rep notification for a post that is almost a year and a half old.

Just got one for this post this morning.

But I'm not telling who. :eusa_shhh:
You too?
Don't get a big head. She was just spreading it around. That's usually the case when there is no comment.

Gee I wish somebody would write a FAQ to explain the reputation system here and how it is used.

I just pos repped you, be careful not to neg rep unless you mean it. People seem to take that very seriously, but some don't. It varies

Forum List

Back