What is a reputation comment?

If someone agrees or disagrees with one of your posts they can give you neg or pos rep which increases that par on your upper right side of posts.

I don't think it's really indicative of anything besides opinions.
(Course it's not really supposed to be this way, ----but) if sombody likes what you say, you get a positive rep if they disagree, you get a negative rep. But look at it this way. If everybody agreed, it would be a very boring forum. I didn't come here looking for a mutual admiration society, so if I get a majority of negative regs, (which I do,)at least I am being effective in getting my opinion out.

Yeah, I hate that about the reps, I give negs for completely stupid and inane posts, and pos reps that put forht a well thought out argument, regardless of if I agree or not.

many will just neg if they don't agree which frankly I don't think is the purpose of them.

I have no idea.

From what I have learned from them in the past 3 weeks of being here, I have chosen to disable them. They still accumulate in my personal profile for some reason, but I don't like exposing them. It is competitive and I am not into that at alllllllllll. No way. Not interested in popularity contests either, although many here don't feel that is what it is. I DO like the option to "Thank" people as that shows appreciation without judgment. :)

Last edited:
I have no idea.

From what I have learned from them in the past 3 weeks of being here, I have chosen to disable them. They still accumulate in my personal profile for some reason, but I don't like exposing them. It is competitive and I am not into that at alllllllllll. No way. Not interested in popularity contests either, although many here don't feel that is what it is. I DO like the option to "Thank" people as that shows appreciation without judgment. :)

And we can still see your rep power...disabling it is pointless.

I have no idea.

And we can still see your rep power...disabling it is pointless.

I know you can still see my RP..lol., but nothing I do is pointless. :)

Some people think if you "disable" rep you can't give it or receive it.

The only thing it does is not show your medals.

There have been many a "fights" on here about people saying they have disabled their rep, when in fact an Administrator is the only one who can do that.

You all can just get rid of the medal and dot thingies.

Some people think if you "disable" rep you can't give it or receive it.

The only thing it does is not show your medals.

There have been many a "fights" on here about people saying they have disabled their rep, when in fact an Administrator is the only one who can do that.

You all can just get rid of the medal and dot thingies.

Thanks. That is what I was trying to do...eliminate the medal and dot thingies. It's all good. :)

Here is what the TOS has to say about rep points:

Our reputation system is designed to provide a feedback and credibility mechanism. Abuse of the system (repeated neg repping of the same person without cause or positive rep "trading" among users) will not be tolerated. Rep system abuse will result in warnings to cease. Continued abuse will result in random acts of rep manipulation of abusers by admins. Abuse the system, and we will mercilessly toy with you.

What does "without cause" mean? For that matter, what does "cause" mean? I don't see either of those terms or phrases defined anywhere.

I will sort through the anticipated, smart-ass replies, looking for the legitimate ones . . . ;)

This whole rep business is nothing but a joke anyway...a popularity contest...it's obvious that some people run around and pos rep their friends so they can then come back and hit you again with a neg...I've got one asshole who doesn't like me and has a lot of points...I should make negative numbers before the month is out...:lol::lol::lol:

Well, thanks for that, Captain Obvious. What is it with you noobs all vying for that same title?

Good thing you're here to explain it all to us. We've been wondering for 5 years what it was all about.:eusa_eh:

Thanks for the confirmation...must make you real proud being head pivot man in a circle jerk.

Confirmation you like to jerk off in a circle? That's a no-brainer.

I have no idea.

YOU accumulate rep? From who? Retards?

Well, thanks for that, Captain Obvious. What is it with you noobs all vying for that same title?

Good thing you're here to explain it all to us. We've been wondering for 5 years what it was all about.:eusa_eh:

Thanks for the confirmation...must make you real proud being head pivot man in a circle jerk.

Confirmation you like to jerk off in a circle? That's a no-brainer.

You're the one who claims to have been wondering...apparently you are very confused.

Forum List

Back