What if Trump leaked the Comey memo? Wouldn't that be a chess move?

Expecting Trump to make major changes in the system is like expecting a lone policeman to walk into a den of thieves and convince them to give up their evil ways. What is happening to Trump now is exactly what I thought would happen. He is making mistake after mistake in dealing with the media, congress, and his opposition because he does not know how to play the game.

a). Trump is not the lone policeman, he has lots and lots of people wishing to do the same things as he.

b). Trump can play the game, he just doesn't WANT to play something that he is trying to change.

c). 4 months into a possible 8 year term and you've already thrown in the towel. What did you think, the "swamp" would willingly cave in? I guess you LIKE how our country is operating!

For someone to make major changes in a republic such as ours, that person would have to have overwhelming support of both the public and the congress

If we had that kind of total support from all sides, we wouldn't need Trump---- things would never have gotten this way in the first place!
Trump has not thrown in the towel.

Expecting Trump to make major changes in the system is like expecting a lone policeman to walk into a den of thieves and convince them to give up their evil ways. What is happening to Trump now is exactly what I thought would happen. He is making mistake after mistake in dealing with the media, congress, and his opposition because he does not know how to play the game.

a). Trump is not the lone policeman, he has lots and lots of people wishing to do the same things as he.

b). Trump can play the game, he just doesn't WANT to play something that he is trying to change.

c). 4 months into a possible 8 year term and you've already thrown in the towel. What did you think, the "swamp" would willingly cave in? I guess you LIKE how our country is operating!

For someone to make major changes in a republic such as ours, that person would have to have overwhelming support of both the public and the congress

If we had that kind of total support from all sides, we wouldn't need Trump---- things would never have gotten this way in the first place!
I really don't understand how you can think Trump is going to be successful. His presidential approval ratings at this point in his presidency are the worst of any president. His actions of late is eroding support among Senate Republicans. In fact, the call for a Special Council has had Republican support in both houses. His relationship with the media has become so toxic, he said he is considering stopping press briefings. This is not a picture of a president headed for success, crash and burn comes to mind.

Trump has not thrown in the towel.
I'm not sure Trump would ever throw the towel in. In the past when the White House became so embroiled in defending the president, that it inferred with governing, the president resigned, or gave the VP and staff greater responsibilities. However, I can't see Trump doing that. Eventually, Trump is going to make some mistakes he can't recover from if he keeps trying to Run the White House like Trump Tower.

I really don't understand how you can think Trump is going to be successful. His presidential approval ratings at this point in his presidency are the worst of any president. His actions of late is eroding support among Senate Republicans. In fact, the call for a Special Council has had Republican support in both houses. His relationship with the media has become so toxic, he said he is considering stopping press briefings. This is not a picture of a president headed for success, crash and burn comes to mind.

Easy. I know very well exactly the kind of person Trump is, his mental processes, forces to achieve, basic traits and I'm a lot like him. EVERY STEP OF THE FUCKING WAY since June 2015 this guy has marched to his own beat and was told by every pundit in the world that he was doomed to crash and burn doing whatever he did. But he didn't. Trump's the kind of guy that will succeed because he knows no other way. He cannot accept failure. He is an immovable force. Whatever it takes, he will do it to succeed. But it will be his way or the highway. His ratings didn't mean shit a year ago and they don't mean shit now. When you are coasting in a boat down a stream and you suddenly stop and go your own way to oppose it, you stir up a lot of water. Currents and commotion everywhere. That's where Trump is at. Everybody is going one way and Trump says, no, we will go THIS way! He is pushing against a brick wall of egos with his own ego and they are putting up a fight. All the Dems and maybe half his whole party! But the time will come where little by little, people will find less resistance going his way, or they will simply run out of ways to keep fighting him. People still don't know what they are dealing with---- Donald Trump is like a MOAB bomb that we are just lucky is on our side. This guy has 10 billion invested in this country and if nothing else, he is going to make America work again or work great, not just for you and I, but to protect his own interests and that of his family. But Trump is like a chess player who is ten moves ahead of you and let's you think you've gotten him beat---- it is when you are most sure of his moves going in for the kill that you find out you've been decoyed and he is playing on a whole other board!!!

Easy. I know very well exactly the kind of person Trump is, his mental processes, forces to achieve, basic traits and I'm a lot like him. EVERY STEP OF THE FUCKING WAY since June 2015 this guy has marched to his own beat and was told by every pundit in the world that he was doomed to crash and burn doing whatever he did. But he didn't. Trump's the kind of guy that will succeed because he knows no other way. He cannot accept failure. He is an immovable force. Whatever it takes, he will do it to succeed. But it will be his way or the highway. His ratings didn't mean shit a year ago and they don't mean shit now. When you are coasting in a boat down a stream and you suddenly stop and go your own way to oppose it, you stir up a lot of water. Currents and commotion everywhere. That's where Trump is at. Everybody is going one way and Trump says, no, we will go THIS way! He is pushing against a brick wall of egos with his own ego and they are putting up a fight. All the Dems and maybe half his whole party! But the time will come where little by little, people will find less resistance going his way, or they will simply run out of ways to keep fighting him. People still don't know what they are dealing with---- Donald Trump is like a MOAB bomb that we are just lucky is on our side. This guy has 10 billion invested in this country and if nothing else, he is going to make America work again or work great, not just for you and I, but to protect his own interests and that of his family. But Trump is like a chess player who is ten moves ahead of you and let's you think you've gotten him beat---- it is when you are most sure of his moves going in for the kill that you find out you've been decoyed and he is playing on a whole other board!!!
He ain't gonna accomplish squat with only 38% of the people approving of his job performance, he has to change that. He's been in the honeymoon period which is when the public, congress, and media give the new president the benefit of the doubt. Now, things start getting really tough.

If he continues as he has so far, I think he will be impeached. He can't continue to make enemies in Washington and expect them to rally around him. He can't keep treating his staff like doormats, pulling the rug out from under them everyday with his tweets. That's crazy.

So far the only evidence of a memo is that a reporter said it was read to him over the phone. No one has ever seen a memo.

So far the only evidence of a memo is that a reporter said it was read to him over the phone. No one has ever seen a memo.
It was reported in the Times and confirmed by another source close to Comey. Congress has asked the FBI for it and the ACLU has filed a petition under the freedom of information act with the court. We should see it soon.

In a piece by Gary Schmitt, he writes that “watching the White House these days is like driving down an interstate, but every two miles you have to slow to a crawl as you pass yet another car crash.”

“More than likely, the cause of the wreck is a reckless driver, but, of course, there are the innocent occupants in the other car,” he writes. “Trump’s presidency feels like this endless series of car wrecks, with the victims being the country’s credibility abroad and now the reputations of his national security advisers.”
Here's how the Comey memo story is — and isn't — being covered in the news

He ain't gonna accomplish squat with only 38% of the people approving of his job performance, he has to change that.

Well maybe. If he gets some of his major agenda under his belt and the economy improves, etc., that approval rating will go up. It is a case of the chicken or the egg . . . . you don't accomplish stuff by having high approvals, you get high approvals for getting stuff accomplished. Now if only the democrats would start doing their job and start working to better the nation instead of always putting their party first.

He ain't gonna accomplish squat with only 38% of the people approving of his job performance, he has to change that.

Well maybe. If he gets some of his major agenda under his belt and the economy improves, etc., that approval rating will go up. It is a case of the chicken or the egg . . . . you don't accomplish stuff by having high approvals, you get high approvals for getting stuff accomplished. Now if only the democrats would start doing their job and start working to better the nation instead of always putting their party first.
With Trump telling the Russians his firing of Comey has eased the pressure of the investigation, he has pretty well sunk his boat. This is exactly what I have been talking about. Trump is a babe in woods, one blunder after another. His claim of firing of Comey was due to the Clinton investigation is now really weak with this admission. All he had to do was just keep his mouth shut. Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, did not dispute the account. Tomorrow his staff has to try to do some damage control, again, and again, and again.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/19/us/politics/trump-russia-comey.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back